Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Draco flopped down on his bed, feeling extremely lightheaded and happy. He could hardly wait until tomorrow, when he and Hermione would probably go on their very first date after their classes.

He didn't even care what other people would think. He just wanted to be with Hermione.

* * *

The next day, Draco woke up quite early, before breakfast was even served. He doubted anyone else was awake, although he felt one hundred percent ready for the day ahead of him.

He quickly dressed and brushed his hair. As he walked out of his dormitory, he noticed it was five o'clock in the morning. Why had he woken up this early?

"What to do... what to do..." Draco mumbled as he walked around the room.

Really, there was nothing to do. Draco sighed and slumped down on the couch, staring at the wall in front of him. Maybe Hermione would wake up soon. Hopefully.

"Maybe I can take a walk or something," Draco said to himself. He decided that was a good idea, since he hadn't been alone all that much lately. Grabbing something warmer to wear, Draco left the common room and walked outside.

As he expected, the air was chilly and there was a slight breeze. The sun wasn't even fully risen yet, creating a beautiful sunrise reflecting on the lake. Not as beautiful as Hermione... he thought.

He began walking around the Hogwarts grounds, unaware that Ginny's friend, Whitney, was sitting on the grass, watching his every move. Too lost in his own thoughts, perhaps.

"Draco? What are you doing here?" Whitney asked. Draco jumped.

"Huh? Oh, I'm just taking a walk..." Draco replied casually.

"Uh-huh. And why, may I ask?" she asked.

"Well... you see... ah, I don't need to tell you. Not now, anyway," Draco said. Whitney rolled her eyes.

"I'm not stupid, you know. I can tell you kissed Hermione. It is so obvious. So stop trying to hide your feelings, because you're really bad at it," Whitney said, grinning.

Draco stared at her. "You're good..."

"I know. Well, I better get going... I'm helping Harry get the courage to ask Sapphire on a date, and it's really kind of funny... see you around," Whitney said, walking up to the castle.

"Yeah, see you," Draco said as he walked in the opposite direction she was going in.

After walking around the Hogwarts grounds at least three times, Draco figured it had to at least be time to go to the Great Hall for breakfast. He walked back up to the school, where he was greeted by Samantha and Brianna.

"Draco! We ran into Whitney in the halls since we were awake and she told us what happened with you and Hermione!" Brianna said excitedly.

"Yeah, and, Draco, you are so lucky! I can hardly wait to get a boyfriend..." Samantha said dreamily.

Brianna shoved her lightly. "You moron, you've already had two!" Samantha grinned.

"Two boyfriends? Wow, you must really be good at keeping good relationships," Draco said sarcastically. Samantha glared at him.

"Okay, Draco, just 'cause I haven't had a real relationship yet doesn't mean I'm not good at keeping them! I just... haven't found the right person yet. That's all," Samantha said. Draco smirked.

"Whatever you say," he replied in his usual tone.

Brianna grabbed both of them by the arms. "Let's just go eat already! I'm starving," she said as she dragged the two to the Great Hall.

As they entered, everyone stared at Draco as he passed them. He didn't need to be a genius to know why. By now, he had expected the whole school to know. And, as he'd said many times before, he really didn't care anymore.

He saw Hermione smiling at him as she sat with her friends at the Gryffindor table. He smiled back as he took his seat at the Slytherin table. It was too bad they couldn't sit together during breakfast, lunch, or dinner, unless they were in Hogsmeade. Then they'd really give everyone something to stare about.

"Draco. How could you?" Those were the first words out of Pansy Parkinson's mouth as he sat down across from her.

"Do what?" Draco asked, although he knew perfectly well what she was talking about.

"Kiss a Mudblood! You idiot! Do you even know what can happen to you now? Voldemort will kill you for sure!" she shrieked, causing everyone in the Great Hall to stare at her.

Draco shrugged. "Don't know, don't care, shut up and leave me alone!" Pansy looked startled, but took her again anyway, her face red from embarrassment.

* * *

"Nice one back in there, Draco!" Samantha complimented him as they walked out of the Great Hall once they'd finished breakfast.

"Thanks. I've always wanted to say that to that prat," Draco said proudly. And Pansy definitely deserved it.

"So have I. And I've only known her for two days..." Brianna said. The three of them laughed as they walked to their first class, not really noticing the large number of Slytherins glaring at them as they entered the room.

They took their usual seats in the Charms classroom, prepared for yet another boring day of classes. If it weren't for the whole "Draco Malfoy and Hermione Granger are dating" thing, this school year would be the most boring one yet.

"Ugh. This is so dumb. I'm sick of everyone staring at us!" Samantha said, loud enough for the whole room to hear. That seemed to work, for everyone went back to what they would've usually done.

"Well... let's prepare ourselves for a boring day..." Brianna said. Draco and Samantha nodded in agreement.

But, to their surprise, Flitwick didn't come into the classroom; Dumbledore did. And Dumbledore rarely made appearances in any of the classrooms, so everyone knew this had to be pretty big.

"Could I have everyone's attention, please?" Dumbledore said. The whole room silenced automatically.

He looked around at them all, no sign of a smile or any happiness on his face. "I'm afraid I have some bad news for all of you," he said. Everyone continued staring at him.

He took a deep breath. "Lord Voldemort has been sighted in the Muggle World; in an area very close to Hogwarts, as a matter of fact. He is currently on his way here, and because of this, we must be extremely cautious. The main thing? Never go anywhere alone. You never know what could happen..." Everyone started talking to each other instantly. Their worst nightmares were coming true.