Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
"Draco, what's going on?" Brianna whispered to Draco. He shrugged, though he was kind of scared.

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "It seems that... Voldemort has discovered a... 'traitor' in the Slytherin house," Draco gulped as the rest of the Slytherins turned to glare at him, "but, I suppose this is my fault. And the reason being is because, as many of you have heard, I made this certain person date a certain Gryffindor witch," Dumbledore said, looking directly at Draco. But how could have Voldemort found out?

It seemed as though he wasn't the only one thinking that. "But, sir, how could, um, Voldemort have found out?" Ernie Macmillan, a Hufflepuff student in Draco's year, said nervously.

Dumbledore stared at him for a second, then he sighed. "I am unsure. Although, we could have yet another traitor... that is the only possible reason we have so far." No one said a word. Well, maybe this year would turn out to be a bit more interesting than anyone had expected.

"Who do you think it could be? Like, from what house?" Samantha asked suddenly.

"Possibly Gryffindor. But, it could be any other house, so we're not sure... and no, it is not Miss Granger, if that's what you're all thinking," he replied with a twinkle in his eye. Several students giggled. Obviously, that had been what they were thinking. Though, Draco had to admit, that would have been a good guess. But it wasn't true, of course.

He looked around at them all. "Well. I suppose that is all I have to say for now... I'll have Professor Flitwick take over the class now," Dumbledore said, nodding at Flitwick, who had been sitting behind him through the whole discussion.

Everyone watched Dumbledore leave the room. Once he was gone and on to the next classroom, Flitwick stood on his pile of books before the class.

"Well, everyone, I have some good news for you! Our review unit is going to have to be cut short; the Ministry would like it much more if I told you a bit about defensive charms, just in case. So, pay attention!" Flitwick said. Everyone who had been slouching in their seats sat up, interested in what he had to say.

* * *

"That was awesome! I hope we do that again tomorrow," Samantha was saying as they left the Charms classroom.

True, it had been a great lesson, but Draco wouldn't exactly call it awesome. Even though the powerful defense charms they were learning about had amazing powers and such, Flitwick had somehow managed to make the lesson incredibly boring. Probably because he was a little bit preoccupied.

"Yeah, I guess so. But I wish we didn't have homework... I have some, uh, Head Boy duties to attend to," Draco said. Samantha and Brianna grinned and looked at each other.

"Sure. Head Boy duties. Whatever you say..." Brianna said.

"Hey, I'm being serious! Really, I am..." he said. Though he was lying, but just a little bit.

"Okay. I guess we'll believe you for now..." Samantha said, but Draco could tell she still didn't believe him.

"Harry, Sapphire, congrats to both of you! And we have Whitney and Ginny to thank for this... too bad Hermione doesn't have a-" Ron Weasley was saying. But he stopped when he saw Draco, Samantha, and Brianna.

Harry and Sapphire were with him, and they were standing very close together. Whitney had probably done what she said she would do; get Harry to finally ask Sapphire out on a date. And it looked like it worked.

Ron glared at the three Slytherins coldly. "Hello... Draco. And, uh, I don't remember your names. Sorry," he said.

"Their names are Samantha and Brianna, Ron," Sapphire said.

Ron nodded, but anyone with half a brain could tell he didn't care. "Hermione wanted me to tell you that she's not going to be around much today. She's doing something for McGonagall, I guess."

"Alright... thanks, Wea- Ron," Draco said, hesitating before apologizing to him and calling him by his first name.

* * *

The day went on as it usually did; boring lessons and the occasional embarrassing moment of a student in one of their classes. But all Draco really cared about was finishing dinner; Dumbledore had arranged for he and Hermione to go to Hogsmeade alone before they had to patrol the halls as Head Boy and Head Girl.

"So... Draco, you gonna have fun tonight?" Brianna asked with a devilish grin on her face.

"I'm just patrolling the corridors..." Draco lied. But, try as he might, Draco just wasn't all that great at being a liar lately.

"Draco, do you seriously think we're that stupid? We know you're going somewhere with Hermione," Samantha said as she played with the food in front of her. Draco had learned Samantha was an extremely picky eater.

Draco sighed. "Yeah, I know. Just thought I'd give it a shot..."

"Well, you're not very good at it, so stop it!" Brianna said.

Dinner dragged on for what seemed like hours, and, finally, it was time to meet Hermione by the entrance.

She was already standing there, waiting for him. He couldn't help but notice she looked very nice in the Muggle clothes was wearing; a black, knee-length skirt and blue V-neck top. He'd never seen her wear something like that, unless the Yule Ball in their fourth year counted.

She smiled when she saw him. "Hey, Draco. I've been waiting for you." she said as he kissed her on the cheek.

"Sorry about that. Let's just get going!" he replied, taking her hand in his and leading her out the doors.