Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Note: Two characters in this next chapter were created by me for the story.

The next day, Draco was awoken by someone shaking him. He looked out the window, noticing it was still dark outside. Why would his mother or father want to wake him up this early? It probably wasn't even five o'clock yet.

He rolled over to see who it was that had woken him at a time this early. To his surprise, it was neither his father nor mother. It was two girls, who looked roughly his age, and were grinning down at him. Draco's face turned red as a tomato as he realized he probably didn't look as good as he usually did.

"Hey, Draco! Bet you don't remember us, huh?" the one on the left said. Draco gave her an utterly confused stare. He knew these two girls? He didn't even remember a single thing about them.

Although, he had to admit, they weren't all that bad looking. The girl on the left had long, golden brown hair with chunky layers of colors, ranging from blonde to black, crystal blue eyes, and tan skin. And her friend on the right had layered brown hair with lighter brown highlights that went just past her shoulders, hazel eyes, and lightly tanned skin. If he knew them, he was sure glad he did.

"Uh, no, have we met?" Draco said, rubbing his eyes. It was way to early for this.

The girl on the right giggled. "Of course we have, you moron! I'm Samantha Baracudan, and this is Brianna Dershin. We used to live around here, but then we moved to America for awhile. Don't you remember?" Draco stared at her, drawing a blank. How the hell was he supposed to remember from that far back?

"Actually, no, I don't. What, am I supposed to?" Draco asked them, smirking. Brianna and Samantha both rolled their eyes, sighing, obviously frustrated with him.

"Okay, just forget it. Anyways, we're starting school at Hogwarts and your father said you could help us out a bit. We know we'll be sorted into Slytherin, it's just so obvious. Alright?" Brianna asked him. Now Draco was interested. Slytherin, did she say? Now, those were people he could actually hang out with and not get ridiculed about it later.

He stood up. "Slytherin, did you say? Very nice choice." Both girls nodded, smiling, as the three of them walked out of the room.

* * *

"So, when does the school year start, anyway? We already have all of the stuff we need, and we're really excited to go..." Brianna was saying as she and Samantha waited outside the door as Draco got dressed.

"Six days!" he shouted as he pulled a gray shirt over his head. And, quite frankly, he couldn't wait for it to start either. Although, his reasons were much different than Brianna and Samantha's reasons.

"Awesome! So, Draco... got a crush on anyone?" Samantha asked mischievously. Draco froze. Should he tell them? Or should he keep it a secret?

He opened the door after he finished getting dressed, and came to find he was facing two girls who looked highly excited. Well, maybe he could trust them... they seemed pretty trustworthy to him, at least.

Draco ran his fingers through his silvery blonde hair. "Well, yeah... but you can't tell anyone. And I mean no one. Especially not my father." he said. Samantha and Brianna nodded.

"We promise, we promise, now tell us already!" Samantha asked impatiently, tapping her foot.

"Alright, well... her name is Hermione Granger... but she, well, she..." Draco hesitated. He really wasn't ready to tell them. He barely even knew them, he realized, so why should he tell them his deepest secret? Too bad he hadn't thought about that little fact earlier.

"Go on, go on. I can tell there's a little catch to all of this, so go on already!" Brianna demanded. Taking a deep breath, Draco continued.

"Well, she's in Gryffindor at Hogwarts... and she's a Muggle-born," he finished finally. The two girls stared at him in disbelief. He knew they wouldn't understand.

Suddenly, Draco heard a familiar voice clear his throat from the corner of the hallway.

"Uh-oh..." Samantha and Brianna chorused as Lucius Malfoy stepped out from behind them. Draco gulped.

Lucius shook his head back and forth, chuckling as he did so. "Draco, Draco, Draco... you should know by now that associating with Mudbloods is a disgrace to our family name... but liking one of their kind? That's pushing it."

"But... I can't help it..." Draco said., looking his father directly in the eye.

"Of course you can. You are a Malfoy. A pureblood. You can do so much better. Like one of these girls, for instance," Lucius replied, jerking his head towards Samantha and Brianna.

Suddenly, Draco felt a surge of anger course through his body. Why did his father have to be so nasty all the time? Even he wasn't that nasty to his peers as to tell them what to do and what not to do. He just couldn't take it anymore.

He narrowed his eyes at his father. "You would never understand, would you... Lucius?" His father looked up, startled at the sound of his name coming from his son.

"You will call me-" he started, but Draco cut him off.

"No, I'll call you whatever the hell I want to call you. Why can't you just let me live my life the way I want to live it? You wouldn't ever know what it's like to truly love someone, because I was told that you wouldn't leave my mother alone until she married you. As in, blackmail, might I suggest?" Draco could literally see the veins popping in Lucius's arms as he finished his sentence.