Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Wow! Thanks for all the reviews guys, they're really great :)

Harry and Draco waited for what seemed like hours until they heard Dumbledore's footsteps around the corner. The Headmaster did look rather surprised to see the two of them waiting for him, but he smiled all the same as he approached them.

"Hello Mr. Potter, Mr. Malfoy. Is there something I can help you with?" Dumbledore asked.

The two boys stood up. "Yeah, we need your help. And I mean major help, Dumbledore," Harry said.

"What kind of help?" Dumbledore asked, though he knew perfectly well what Harry was talking about.

"We need you to help us find where Voldemort took Hermione," Draco said abruptly before Harry could even say another word.

Dumbledore smiled at him. "Ah, just as I figured would happen eventually... well, I suppose I'll help the two of you. Even if you are breaking my new rules." His blue eyes twinkled as he gave the password to get into his office, leading Harry and Draco inside.

Dumbledore motioned for the two boys to take a seat across from him as he sat down at his desk. Harry and Draco sat down, waiting rather impatiently for Dumbledore to speak.

"Harry... Draco... I will be honest with you; I do not yet know where Miss Granger's whereabouts are. Yet. I do, however, have my ways of finding out. And that, that is what we will be doing right now," Dumbledore said with a mysterious air in his voice.

"Okay... but what are we doing?" Draco asked.

Dumbledore smiled at him. "It's very simple, actually. You do remember the Marauder's Map, don't you, Harry?"

Harry stared at Dumbledore in surprise, while Draco sat there, rather confused. "Yes... but it only shows the whereabouts of people in Hogwarts, and I'm pretty sure Voldemort wouldn't keep Hermione in Hogwarts..."

"I never said Hermione was in Hogwarts, you know. You see, the Ministry has a device similar to that of the Marauder's Map, although you have to be quite recognized to get such an item. I, of course, have the ability to get this item. And, lucky for the two of you, I have it right here... in my pocket," Dumbledore finished with a smile and mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"You have it now? How long have you had whatever it is for?" Draco asked.

"Since Miss Granger was kidnapped, actually," Dumbledore replied.

Draco and Harry stared at him. He'd had the one thing they'd needed to find Hermione all along, and he'd never told them about it? Why would he do such a thing?

"Wait a minute... you're telling us you've had this thing for God knows how long and you didn't even make any hints about it?" Draco said with a hint of anger in his voice.

"No need to get angry, Mr. Malfoy. I figured it was for the best, so the two of you would not do anything to drastic... such as, rush into action without thinking, I believe?" Harry and Draco both grinned sheepishly at Dumbledore's words.

"Yeah, okay... can you just tell us what we're doing?" Draco asked impatiently.

Dumbledore began rummaging through his robes. "Why, yes, I believe I can. Just a minute, please, boys." Harry and Draco sat and watched Dumbledore search the pockets of his robes for whatever it was he was looking for. And, after a few minutes, Dumbledore pulled out a piece of tattered parchment and set it on his desk.

"What's that?" Harry asked, staring at it.

"This? This has no name, really, just a piece of parchment that, when you ask for whomever it is you're looking for, it will tell you their exact locations right away," Dumbledore replied as he unfolded the piece of parchment.

Oh," Harry replied.

Dumbledore cleared his throat. "Well, shall we begin?"

Draco and Harry both nodded. "Hurry up! We have to continue making our plan..." Draco said, grinning.

Dumbledore smiled at him. "Well, with that said... map, show me the exact locations of Lord Voldemort and Hermione Granger."

Harry and Draco stared at what was happening right before their eyes. Black ink immediately appeared all over the parchment, showing where Voldemort and Hermione were.

Godric's Hollow.

Harry and Draco both stared at the parchment. This couldn't be right. Why, why would Voldemort go back to the very spot where he was defeated by Harry in the first place? This was definitely some kind of trick.

"But... but, Dumbledore, this makes no sense," Harry said suddenly.

"Oh? Why not?" Dumbledore asked, looking up at him, surprised.

"Well, I mean... I mean, Voldemort was defeated by me there, so, um..." Harry said, not really sure what he was saying.

"Actually, it does kind of make sense," Draco said suddenly.

Harry stared at him. "How?"

"Well, you know, it's kind of obvious. I mean, Voldemort basically knows you don't technically know where exactly Godric's Hollow is... so, basically, it'd be the perfect place to hold Hermione hostage, right, Dumbledore?" Draco finished, looking over at Dumbledore, who was smiling.

"Excellent job, Mr. Malfoy. But, seeing as you do now know where Godric's Hollow is, I suppose Voldemort's plan has backfired, hasn't it?" Dumbledore said.

"Yes, it has... so, I guess we'll be leaving now, right, Harry?" Draco said, nudging Harry in the ribs. Harry had been staring off into space for quite some time now, and it had really been getting on Draco's nerves.

"Ow! Huh? Oh yeah, right, we have to get going... thanks for your help, Headmaster," Harry said before the two boys left.

"Anytime boys, anytime..." Dumbledore said as they closed the door behind them.

* * *

"So, what are we doing?" Draco whispered as he and Harry sat in a dark, quiet corner of the library to plan what they were going to do.

"I don't know... I thought this would be easy, but I guess it's not..." Harry whispered back, looking around to make sure no one could hear them talking.

Draco sighed and leaned back in his chair. "Well, we have to think of something before we leave tonight..." Harry nodded in agreement.

"And we can't tell anyone about this either. At least, not yet," Harry said.

"I realize that, but, you know, we should really think of a plan first..." Draco mumbled as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"Hey! I think I have an idea... we could use one of our brooms and my Invisibility Cloak to get to Godric's Hollow... and, uh, I don't you, do you have any ideas?" Harry asked.

Draco thought about this for a moment. That would work, although Draco wasn't too sure that Dumbledore would allow it to actually happen. But, then again, Dumbledore was letting Harry and Draco do this on their own without his help, so he'd probably understand.

"Yeah. We should do that. I don't have any other ideas, but we should stick with yours," Draco said.

Harry nodded. "All right. We better get going then, huh?" Draco nodded as the two boys stood up to go back to their common rooms.

* * *

The next day, Draco woke up feeling rather excited and happy for once. After all, he was going to rescue the one girl he'd ever been in love with from Voldemort, wasn't he? Nothing could be better than that.

Draco quickly dressed and ran down to the Great Hall for breakfast. As he entered the Great Hall, he was surprised to see Samantha sitting at the Slytherin table, talking to Brianna and Matt.

"Hey... aren't you supposed to be in the hospital wing?" Draco asked as he sat down.

"Yeah, but that place is so boring! I was dying in there, Draco," Samantha replied.

"You should've seen the look on Madam Pomfrey's face when Samantha here nearly knocked over her bed trying to get out. It was hilarious!" Brianna said as Matt nodded in agreement across from her.

Draco chuckled. "Well, that sounds like something you'd do, that's for sure. By the way, you guys, Harry and I made a plan to rescue Hermione last night," he said, lowering his voice so no one else would hear them.

"Are you serious? Didn't anyone catch you guys?" Samantha asked, also lowering her voice.

"No, and Dumbledore's all for us going out to rescue Hermione and, hopefully, destory Voldemort for good... I just hope it works," Draco said.

"That's amazing... what are you guys going to do?" Matt asked.

"Well, we're going to use Harry's Invisibility Cloak, cover a broom with it, and fly off to Godric's Hollow, where Voldemort has Hermione captured," Draco replied.

"Seems simple enough. Think you can pull it off?" Brianna asked.

Draco nodded, looking briefly over at the Gryffindor table, where Harry was telling his friends about their plans. "Yeah, and by Christmas, everything will be back to normal again."

As soon as they were finished eating breakfast, Draco met Harry outside the doors to the Great Hall once everyone was back in their common rooms. Since it was Sunday, there were no classes, so they'd planned the perfect day to put their plan into action.

"Ready?" Harry asked as the two boys walked outside, accompanied by Dumbledore.

"You two better be. I'm counting on you boys to bring our Head Girl back," Dumbledore said with a wink as Draco got onto the broom.

Harry draped the Invisibility Cloak over them. "Well, we'll see you later, Dumbledore... and, hopefully, we'll have Hermione with us." Harry said as he kicked off of the ground.

"Good luck!" Dumbledore shouted as he "watched" them fly away.

It took quite awhile to fly all the way to Godric's Hollow, which was still in the wizarding world, but was quite some miles away. Draco estimated it was about ten miles from Hogwarts, and on a broomstick, that took awhile.

When they got there, however, they were rather surprised at the sight they saw. Godric's Hollow was old and rotting; the roof was falling off, the grass was brown, glass was broken, and the paint color was basically gone.

"Whoa. This place is... well, let's just say it's not very nice..." Draco mumbled as Harry pulled the Invisibility cloak off of them.

"You can say that again..." Harry replied.

"Well... ready to go inside?" Draco asked. He didn't want to waste anymore time standing around and accomplishing nothing.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, ready as I'll ever be..." Harry replied.

Draco noticed Harry looked a bit scared, but what would you expect? Harry had seen Voldemort about six times already, and that had to be a little terrifying.

"Let's go then," Draco said as the two boys walked to the door of Godric's Hollow, wands in hand.