Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Lucius clenched his fists. "Get out of my house. Now," he said in an angry whisper.

"I'd be more than happy to," Draco replied as he began to walk down the hall. Samantha and Brianna followed him.

Once they were out of the Malfoy Manor, Samantha and Brianna began to show Draco the way to their houses. Draco had sure picked a convenient time to tell his father off, didn't he?

"Draco, that was awesome! I could never say that to my parents..." Samantha said as they walked down the streets, which were dimly lighted by antique-style street lamps.

Brianna nodded. "Me neither. Well, to my dad at least."

Draco simply shrugged. "It wasn't that big a deal... I've been wanting to do that for a long time now, it's about time now that no good excuse for a father got a taste of his own medicine!"

"Now, that's what my brother needs!" Samantha said, giggling.

"You can say that again... your brother is so annoying!" Brianna agreed as the trio continued walking.

As Samantha and Brianna continued talking, however, Draco was lost in his own thoughts. Sure, he was happy to finally be gone from that awful place he'd called home for roughly seventeen years, but then again... he was in his final year at Hogwarts. And he did need some support from his family. But, of course, he'd figure out some way to support himself.

"Draco, hello, Draco, you still there? We're here now," Brianna was continually snapping her fingers in front of Draco's face.

Samantha shook her head. "God, Draco, you have so many problems... but anyways, let's go inside! It's getting kind of boring standing out here."

* * *

Six days later, Draco, Brianna, and Samantha were putting their trunks into a taxi headed to the train station, where they would be boarding the Hogwarts Express and going to Hogwarts.

"Hey, Draco, I have a question... what are you gonna do if you see that Hermione girl with her friends?" Brianna asked as they found themselves on Platform 9 3/4, the train station where the Hogwarts Express was.

Draco shrugged. "I don't know. I can't just suddenly be nice, you know." But really, he did want to be suddenly nice. Of course, that would be very strange...

Once they got on the train, they found an empty compartment where they could sit. Luckily, they'd gotten there early, so there weren't that many people.

"Well, this is lonely..." Samantha muttered as she took a seat. Draco had learned in the six days before coming here that Samantha liked big crowds of people, and hated it when there was barely anyone around.

"You'll live for about another five minutes," Draco said.

"Fine. Be that way," she replied.

"Uh, sorry to interrupt you guys, but are those the people you always torture?" Draco looked over at Brianna, who was pointing out the window at three familiar faces talking and laughing as they walked towards the train.

Draco nodded. "Come on," he said, motioning for Samantha and Brianna to follow him.

As they approached Harry, Ron, and Hermione, the trio glared at them. Of course, they were looking at Samantha and Brianna with the expression that clearly said, "who are they?", but they would find out soon enough.

"Malfoy, what do you want now?" Ron asked, annoyed.

Draco smirked. "Why, Weasel, I came to introduce you to my two new friends, Samantha Baracudan and Brianna Dershin. They're destined to be in Slytherin, as you might have guessed."

"Yeah, well... no one really cares about your friends!" Ron spat at him without thinking.

"You really don't have a brain, do you, Weasley? And by the way, where is this 'girlfriend' of yours you seem to be obsessing about?" Ron's ears turned red as Draco finished his sentence. He obviously didn't want many people to know he had a slight obsession with his girlfriend.

"Malfoy, just go away! We're sick of you always bothering us," Harry said. Draco sharply turned his head to look at him.

"I'm actually surprised at you, Potter. I would have expected you to have a girlfriend by now," Draco said, smirking.

This time, it was Hermione who spoke. "Harry does have a girlfriend! Well, kind of at least. It's not one hundred percent official quite yet, but you shouldn't start jumping to conclusions about people... Draco." He looked at her, startled at the sound of his first name, not his last, coming from her mouth. He wasn't expecting that.

And her friends weren't either. "Hermione! You called him... you called him... Draco! How could you?" Ron yelled at her.

"Maybe she wants a change, unlike you. Draco's told us you have quite a temper," Brianna spoke up. Ron opened his mouth to speak, but decided against it.

Draco still couldn't believe Hermione had actually called him by his first name. Maybe she had a little secret of her own... no. She was probably just trying to be nice. After all, Draco had been informed she was the new Head Girl, and as he was Head Boy, they would have to start addressing more properly.

"Hey, Draco, can we just leave now? These three are getting on my nerves," Samantha said.

He looked at her. "Fine. Let's go. I'll see you three at school." And with that, they left, leaving the three Gryffindors staring at them as they left.

Draco, Samantha, and Brianna walked silently back to their compartment. Draco had this weird feeling in his heart, a feeling that he'd never actually experienced until now. And now, he knew it would be even harder to have to share a common room with Hermione as Head Girl and Head Boy when they got to Hogwarts.

"Draco, you seem kind of... preoccupied. What's up?" Samantha asked him as she shut the door of their compartment.

He sat down. "Well... remember when I told you I kind of liked Hermione? Well, um... kind of just doesn't cut it anymore." The two girls sat on either side of him.

"Draco, Draco, Draco... I feel bad for you, I really do. and that's why I have a plan," Draco and Samantha looked at Brianna. What exactly did she mean by "plan"?

"What kind of plan?" he asked, curious. Brianna grinned.

"Alright, so, you like Hermione. And I mean really like her. Am I right?" Draco nodded. "Well... I was thinking that, after Samantha and I get sorted, we could go up to Hermione and complain about wanting to be in Gryffindor, and she'll feel sympathy for us and become our friend. Then, we'll get to know her and ask her what she thinks of you. What do you guys think about that?"

Personally, Draco thought it was a great plan. He just wasn't sure if it would work.

"Well, I like it... but wouldn't Draco be able to talk to her in the Head Boy and Head Girl's common room?" Samantha asked.

"I thought about that, too, but then I realized that her friends Harry and Ron probably forbid her from talking to you, Draco... you get where I'm going with this?" Now it all made sense.

Draco stood up. "Alright. We're gonna do this." Brianna grinned, her face glowing as the compartment door slid open.