Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
All three looked up to see a girl with shoulder length, slightly wavy blonde hair that had brown highlights in it, green eyes, and tanned skin. She didn't look familiar to Draco, so he assumed she was a new student.

"Oops, sorry, I thought this one was empty!" she said, looking around at the three of them.

"Hey, wait," Brianna said as the girl turned to leave, "what's your name?"

She stopped and turned around. "My name is Rachel Philipsen. I'm new here, and I'm the new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher's adopted daughter. I really hope to be in Gryffindor, so..." She obviously had heard about Draco, and knew he was a Slytherin. You could just tell from the way she looked at him.

"Gryffindor, huh?" Draco asked her. She nodded.

"Is that a problem?" she said, grinning mischievously at him. Draco was actually kind of surprised she'd said that to him, but then again, he did have to stop being so judgemental of people.

"No... I just.. oh, screw it," Draco said, leaning back on the seat as the train lurched forward.

"Well, I'm just gonna go find somewhere else to sit. See you at school," Rachel said as she closed the compartment door behind her.

Samantha sighed. "Another good mind gone to waste... just kidding!" Brianna giggled and Draco shook his head, chuckling slightly.

"You, Samantha, are very strange..." Draco said. Samantha hit him on the head.

"I am not!" she insisted.

"You are too!" Brianna said.

Samantha sat down, crossing her arms across her chest. "Geesh, everyone just hates me here..."

See? Slytherins aren't always mean.

* * *

"Wow, this place is, like... huge!" Samantha exclaimed as they stepped off the train onto the Hogsmeade station.

"No, I thought it was small!" Brianna said sarcastically. Samantha glared at her, although you could tell she was holding back a smile.

"You know, we really should try and get an empty carriage..." Draco said.

Both girls looked at him. "Oh yeah! Well, let's find one then! I don't wanna be stuck in some carriage with some creepy little dude who stares at you forever and ever and ever until you get there..." Samantha said as they walked towards the carriages.

Unfortunately, there were no empty ones. Fortunately, none of them contained creepy little dudes who stare and you forever and ever and ever until you get there.

"Well, looks like this is the only one left... can we sit here?" Draco asked a girl with straight, dirty blonde hair and hazel eyes. Another new student, most likely.

She nodded. "Sure, I don't really care. I'm Whitney Taylor, by the way. Who are all of you?"

"Well, I'm Draco Mal-" Draco started, but was cut off by Whitney.

"Are you now? My friend Ginny's brother, Ron, told me so much about you..." she said with a sly grin. It seemed to Draco that Harry and Ron were trying to get all the new students to dislike him.

Draco sat down on the opposite side of Whitney. "Yeah, well, that little Weasel better learn to keep his mouth shut!" Draco replied defensively. Samantha and Brianna rolled their eyes.

"He's really not that bad... you just have to get past that mean, cold, proud exterior... I'm Brianna Dershin and this is Samantha Baracudan," Brianna said as she sat down next to Draco.

Whitney smiled. "Yeah, I kind of figured that... I mean, Draco, no offense or anything, but you kind of overdo the mean thing to me, so I'm not buying it. Luckily for you, I didn't tell Ron that." Draco just stared at her. He didn't really know what to say to something like that.

"Whatever," Draco said, looking away from the three girls. He was really getting sick of hanging around all girls.

"You're so stupid..." Whitney mumbled as the carriges moved forward, going towards the huge doors of the Hogwarts entrance.

They continued on in silence, not saying anything to each other. Besides, there was nothing to talk about. Nothing interesting, anyway. Unless someone suddenly saw Lord Voldemort coming out from the lake, there was nothing all too interesting to talk about, was there?

"Finally... now I can get out of here and find Ginny!" Whitney said as the carraige came to a stop by the Hogwarts doors.

Students between years two and seven came out of all the carriages, chatting excitedly about what things could happen during the year. Unfortunately for the first years, they got to go across the dark lake in small boats to get to Hogwarts. How fun.

"Hey, Draco, I have a question... since we're new here and all, how do we get sorted?" Brianna asked as they walked through the doors amongst the rest of the school.

"You get sorted after the first years, I think," Draco replied. Honestly, he didn't know.

"I don't trust you... I'm gonna go find that Hermione girl. Maybe she knows. Come on, Samantha," Brianna said, grabbing Samantha's wrist and pulling her through the extremely large crowd of students.

* * *

"Draco! Oh, I've missed you so much!" Draco winced at the sound of the voice of Pansy Parkinson, a fellow Slytherin and the most annoying girl in the school, behind him. Pansy thought he was in love with her, but if only she knew the truth. And she never would, given that she barely let him speak his mind around her.

Draco smirked. "Oh yeah, you, I've missed you, too, I guess." Pansy's face fell. She obviously wasn't used to Draco being mean directly to her.

"But... but, Draco, I thought you were my boyfriend!" a crowd was watching them now, or, watching Pansy whine and attempt to get her way.

Draco snorted, and so did many of the Slytherin boys. "You? My girlfriend? Yeah, right, not even in your dreams..." Pansy looked hurt as the Slytherin boys howled with laughter.

"You've gotten meaner, Draco!" Pansy said as she ran out of the Great Hall, trying not to cry in front of her peers.

As the laughter died down, the boys of Draco's house started congratulating him.

"Nice one, Draco. You may be Head Boy, but you've still got that mean streak in you!" a Slytherin sixth year boy said, patting him on the back. Draco smirked down at him, knowing it was true.

Though he wished it wasn't.

"Could everyone take a seat, please?" the voice of the Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, came loud and clear from the front of the room. Almost all at once, the students in the Great Hall stopped their conversations and sat down.

Pansy came back in the room, sniffling, and took a seat as far away from Draco as she possibly could. The boys all sniggered as this happened.

"Thank you. Now, before we begin, I have a new staff member to introduce," everyone looked up to the new staff member, who had just stood up on the left side of Professor Snape, the Potions master.

She had straight dark brown hair, and from what Draco could tell, she had dark brown eyes as well. She looked pretty young for a teacher, possibly in her early twenties, but compared to the other teachers in the school, they definitely needed that.

"Allow me to introduce you to Professor Gabrielle Elaine, the new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. Even though she is new, I expect all of you to respect her as though she has been here forever," Dumbledore said with that familiar twinkle in his blue eyes. Professor Elaine smiled as she once again took her seat.

Then, the doors to the Great Hall opened, and in came the first years and transfer students. Samantha and Brianna were at the end with the other transfers, crossing their arms. Obviously, the other transfers wanted to be in any house except Slytherin.

"As you can see, this year we not only have first years, but transfer students as well. So, let's begin with the sorting!" Dumbledore said, looking over at Professor McGonagall as he took his seat.

As the rest of the school watched the first years being sorted, Draco began to watch Hermione. He knew that seemed somewhat [i]stalker-ish[/i], but he just couldn't help it. She had such a better life than he did. Or, at least that's how she made it seem.

"Baracudan, Samantha," Draco was snapped out of his thoughts by the sound of Samantha's name being called. He sure did develop a tendancy to get lost in his thoughts lately.

"SLYTHERIN!" the Hat shouted out, only to be rewared by tremendous applause from the Slytherin table. Samantha smirked as she walked towards the Slytherin table, and took a seat next to Draco.

"I was so right..." she whispered.

"Dershin, Brianna!" Brianna walked up to the front of the room and had the hat placed on her head. She seemed pretty confident.

"SLYTHERIN!" the Hat shouted once again, and once again rewarded by applause from the Slytherin table.

Brianna walked over to the Slytherin table and took a seat across from Draco.

Hayden, Christina!" Draco was surprised to see a girl with short, purple hair and deep green eyes. He was guessing this was Ron Weasley's girlfriend he'd heard about in Diagon Alley.

"RAVENCLAW" the Hat shouted, greeted by extremely loud applause from the Ravenclaw table. She seemed rather sad she hadn't gotten in Gryffindor with Ron, but smiled nonetheless as she sat down at her house table.

"Philipsen, Rachel!" Rachel casually walked forward and took a seat on the stool, waiting for the Hat to call out her house.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Hat shouted. Rachel beamed and walked to the Gryffindor table, sitting down next to Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil.

Samantha tapped Draco on the shoulder. "Hey, isn't that that girl we met on the train? Guess she got the house she wanted, huh?" Draco nodded as he continued to watch the rest of the sorting.

"Taylor, Whitney!" McGonagall called out as Whitney walked forward.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Hat shouted immediately. Ginny Weasley beamed from the Gryffindor table as her friend walked towards her and sat down next to her.

Brianna leaned back in her chair. "This is getting so boring..." Draco rolled his eyes at her as he watched the ending of the sorting, which was about to finish after the last girl was sorted.

"Thomas, Avery!" McGonagall called out.

A girl with wavy, waist length dirty blonde hair and blue-green eyes winced as she walked forward. She obviously didn't like her first name very much. Draco sure wondered what she prefered to be called.

And then Draco noticed Harry staring at her, a lump forming in his throat. Maybe this was the girl that was Harry's "almost" girlfriend, as Hermione had said previously in Diagon Alley. And, judging from the way the girl smiled when Harry looked at her, this had to be true.

"GRYFFINDOR!" the Hat called out once again. The Gryffindors appluaed quite loudly once again as she went to sit down right next to Harry, causing his face to turn red.

Dumbledore stood up. "And that is the end of the sorting! Now, I'm sure you're all starving by now... let us begin the feast!" Immediately, food and drinks appeared in front of them. The first years and transfer students looked shocked at the fact that food and drinks could just magically appear like that, but what would you expect?