Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Draco woke up the next morning to bright sunlight pouring through his window, nearly blinding him as he got out of bed to get dressed for the day ahead of him. He'd nearly forgotten where he was, sharing a common room with Hermione, but as the events of the previous night played in his head, he remembered clearly where he was.

"I'm such a moron..." he mumbled as he walked out of his room. It looked like Hermione was still asleep, either that or, she'd already left early for her classes. He just realized he'd completely missed breakfast, but he didn't really care.

Draco walked out of the common room towards his first class, which was Charms. Draco thought Charms was pretty boring, considering they rarely learned anything new. But at least he'd have his friends to talk to during the class.

As he entered the classroom full of chatting Slytherins and Hufflepuffs, Draco noticed Samantha and Brianna waving frantically at him from across the room. He quickly walked over to them and took a seat between the two girls.

"Hey, Draco... how did last night go? You and Hermione get along okay?" Samantha asked the second he sat down.

"Yeah..." Draco replied nervously. Samantha and Brianna exchanged mischievous glances.

Brianna put her arms around Draco's shoulders. "Come on, Draco... tell us what happened... we are your friends, after all."

Draco shifted uncomfortably in his seat. "Well, um, I kind said she didn't like to have fun and I guess she wanted to prove me wrong so she started acting really... un-Hermione-like... and then I told her I liked her as a friend..." Brianna and Samantha's smiles widened across their faces as he finished his sentence.

"You know, you might not need our help anymore... but we still will! But, have fun!" Samantha said as Professor Flitwick, the Charms professor, entered the room and went to the front, standing on the pile of books he had, since he was so short.

"Could everyone settle down please? It's time for class to begin!" Flitwick squeaked in his high-pitched voice. Slowly, the class began to take their seats and quiet down so he could begin the day's lesson, which would probably be a repeat of last year's lesson, so no one really cared.

"Just to warn you, Flitwick probably won't teach us anything new..." Draco whispered to Samantha and Brianna, who nodded in response.

"Well... welcome to Charms! This class is basically going to be a review of last year, so for those of you who are transfer students... pay attention!" Flitwick said.

"You were right..." Samantha whispered back.

As the lesson dragged on, Draco found himself zoning in and out of what was really happening. God, that Hermione was sure having a huge affect on the way his brain was working. But, like the proud, arrogant person he was, he wasn't about to let anyone else but his friends know that.

The lesson ended, and everyone walked out of the room, the Slytherins going to Transfiguration with the Gryffindors, and the Hufflepuffs going to Herbology with the Ravenclaws. And now Draco would have to put up with seeing Hermione for a whole hour. With her friends.

"Well, this ought to be fun, huh, Draco? I mean, you'll be seeing your dream girl!" Brianna teased Draco.

"Oh, be quiet!" Draco said as they walked down the crowded corridor.

"Stop holding your feelings in! DRACO LO-" Samantha started, but Draco quickly put his hand over her mouth, silencing her. She sure had a big mouth for rather small girl.

"What did I just tell you?" Draco said in that malicious way everyone in the school was used to. He then took his hand off of Samantha's mouth.

"Well, sorry... just trying to help!" Samantha said, grinning.

"Samantha, that's not the kind of help he needs!" Brianna said, although she too probably would have done something similar.

Draco started walking a little faster. "Let's just get to Transfiguration... you two still have to complain to Hermione about wanting to be in Gryffindor so you can learn more about her, you know." The two girls nodded and followed Draco, because, truthfully, they had no idea where the Transfiguration room was.

* * *

Draco left Samantha and Brianna at the door of the Transfiguration room. He had to make it seem like he wasn't friends with them so Hermione would believe that they truly wanted to be in Gryffindor, even though in reality, they really didn't.

As soon as his two friends were inside the room, he waited a few minutes before entering. The second he entered the room he saw Samantha and Brianna talking with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ron's girlfriend, Chairee, and Harry's "almost" girlfriend, Sapphire. He could just make out what they were saying from the opposite end of the room.

"So, neither of you wanted to be in Slytherin? But I thought everyone who was sorted into Slytherin wanted to be there..." Sapphire was saying to them.

"Well, I guess we're different then!" Brianna said.

"You definitely are... didn't I see you talking to Malfoy?" Ron asked in a suspcious voice.

"He was just being a big jerk to us, that's all. We told him to leave us alone, but he just wouldn't listen," Samantha said.

"Uh, that's just like Draco, I guess. I mean, he has to have a nice side, right?" Hermione asked. Draco saw Ron's face turn red with anger.

"Hermione, are you kidding me? That little git, have a nice side? This is Malfoy we're talking about here! You must be going crazy!" Ron yelled.

"Ron, you really have to calm down... you get mad so easily," Chairee said. Ron looked at her, shoved his hands in his pockets, and starting mumbling something Draco couldn't hear from his distance.

Well, things are going okay for now... they still haven't got Hermione to say she'd be their friend, but it doesn't matter, Draco thought to himself as he took a seat next to Gregory Goyle, one of Draco's "friends". They hadn't exactly spoken in awhile, which was probably why Goyle looked surprised to see Draco sitting next to him. Not that he was going to talk to him or anything, he just needed a place to sit.