Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A Poisonous Romance by Samantha Baracudan

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: Thanks for all the reviews! I really appreciate it! I hope you all stick around... :)


As the Transfiguration class, ended, Draco found himself walking alone. What a stupid idea, let both of them go off and befriend Hermione while he was left to be alone for the rest of the day. Well, kind of, anyway.

"Hey, Draco. Can we, uh, hang out with you?" Goyle was asking him. Draco's other friend, Vincent Crabbe, was by his side.

The main reason Draco had stopped talking to them was because, well, they were kind of boring. And the other reason was that they didn't have much in common- Crabbe and Goyle would much rather eat all day than listen to Draco's plots to torture the "Wonder Trio", as they sometimes called Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Sure. Whatever," Draco replied with no interest.

"Thanks," Crabbe grunted. That was what bothered Draco about the two boys- they'd always grunt when they spoke.

"Uh-huh..." he said.

They walked down the corridors in silence to their next class, Herbology, with the Ravenclaws. Herbology was a subject Draco had always dreaded, and now he had to find Samantha and Brianna down there and get away from the two losers he was with.

They reached the green houses, where the rest of the Herbology class stood waiting for the class to begin. Draco saw Samantha and Brianna amidst the crowd, and he wanted badly to get to them and have an actual conversation.

"Well, see you guys around..." Draco said, speeding up towards his two real friends.

"Draco! Hurry, get the hell over here, we gotta tell you what all happened!" Brianna said, motioning for Draco to move faster.

He stopped next to them. "So... what happened?" Draco asked. Judging from the way their smiles were nearly a mile wide, something good had definitely happened.

"Well... Hermione agreed to be our friend. Not only that, but so did Harry, Ron, Chairee, and Sapphire. Did we do good or what?" Samantha asked. Draco smirked at her.

"Yeah, pretty good. For your first time manipulating someone, anyway," Samantha and Brianna stuck their tongues out at him as Professor Sprout, the Herbology professor walked into the greenhouse and signaled for class to begin.

* * *

"Okay, it's official. I hate Herbology!" Samantha whined as they walked out of the greenhouses.

"I never said you would like it," Draco replied.

"Hey, Draco, isn't that the Headmaster dude Dumbledore?" Brianna asked, pointing to the wizard with a long, white beard. Dumbledore seemed to be motioning for Draco to come towards him. Must be something I'm supposed to do since I'm Head Boy... Draco thought.

He nodded. "Yeah. Guess I gotta go now. Maybe I'll see you two at lunch..." Samantha and Brianna continued walking to the Great Hall, while Draco walked over to Dumbledore.

"Ah, Mr. Malfoy. Having a nice day?" Dumbledore asked.

"If you count sitting through boring lessons a nice day, then yes," Draco replied sarcastically. Dumbledore's blue eyes twinkled down upon him.

"I see. Still the same Draco we all know, even as Head Boy... and speaking of that, we must find Miss Granger right away. I have a little... request for the two of you," Draco looked at Dumbledore suspiciously, wondering what this little "request" would be.

Dumbledore began walking, and Draco followed him. "What kind of request?" Draco asked curiously.

"Oh, you'll find out... you'll find out..." Dumbledore said, looking back at Draco with a mischievous twinkle in his eyes.

"Ah, Miss Granger. Over here please," Dumbledore said once they found Hermione, who had been talking with her friends. She told her friends something, and then began to walk over to Draco and Dumbledore.

She stopped in front of them. "Hello, Professor Dumbledore. Do you need to talk to me?" Her friends were closely watching her.

"Yes, Miss Granger, I have a request for you and Mr. Malfoy. Please, follow me," Dumbledore replied, leading Draco and Hermione through the corridor. Ron gave her a suspicious glance as they passed. If only Ron could actually accept the fact that Draco and Hermione were the Head Boy and Head Girl.

Dumbledore lead them to his office, gave the password to the statue, and led the two students inside. Draco was getting very impatient. Why couldn't Dumbledore just tell them the request? Was it really that big?

"Please, take a seat," Dumbledore said, waving his wand and making two chairs appear in front of his desk.

He sat down at his desk. "Now, I'll bet the two of you are wondering what my request is," Draco and Hermione both nodded, "Well... as the two of you know, you are Head Girl and Head Boy. And every year I have the Head Boy and Head Girl do something... interesting for the school." Draco and Hermione looked at each other, a slight look of panic in their eyes.

He smiled at their expressions. "Now, it won't be that bad. Of course, this will change your lives quite some, but you really don't need to worry about that much, do you?" They stared back at him, not knowing what to say.

"Speechless, I see. Well, that would be expected," Dumbledore continued, still smiling at them.

"Um, not to be rude, but could you please tell us your request?" Hermione asked suddenly. Dumbledore looked at her and nodded, still smiling.

He walked towards them. "Draco... Hermione... I want the two of you to do something no Slytherin or Gryffindor has done before," they both gulped as he came closer to them.

"I want the two of you to become a public couple in front of the entire school."

They both froze.