Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forbidden Desire by this isnt jess

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter One: Uninvited Feelings

Lily Potter. He stared at her, entranced by the way the light hit her face, making her look almost as if she were an angel descended from the Heavens.

Oh, Sirius knew that he mustn’t think that way about his best mate’s girlfriend, but he couldn’t help it. Just being around her made little pools of drool form in the corners of his mouth. He didn’t realize that James saw the way he looked at her, saw the way he would stare longingly at her for almost a whole class period. To be quite honest, Sirius was jealous of James, for although they were both quite equally attractive, James was far sweeter than Sirius could ever be. True, Sirius had more of a rugged, wild look that all the girls fell for. He knew that he had girls who would swoon after so much as brushing up against him, yet he had an unsatisfied desire for Lily.

He didn’t know what it was about her. Maybe it was her bright green eyes and contrasting dark red hair, or maybe it was the aura about her that made you just want to sing with glee. Lily was that type of girl who was cheerful, popular, and outgoing, yet clever and studious as well.

Sirius was plotting ways that he could inconspicuously be around her when Professor McGonagall slapped her hand down on his desk. “Wake up, Black! I expect that as long as you are in my class, you will pay attention and participate! Five points from Gryffindor, and if it happens again, it’s detention!”

After stealing a quick glance at Lily, he saw that she was giving him a look of pure sympathy. Sirius frowned deeply and began to get started on the work assigned to the class.

***

Lily, James, Sirius, Remus, and Peter were all sitting together in the Gryffindor common room later that night. Peter had been able to get them the best couch, which was situated directly in front of the fireplace. Since it was mid-November, it was just beginning to become cold outside, and as one might expect, the warmth of the fire was welcome. Lily and James were, of course, cuddling on a smaller sofa near the fire, and now and then James would whisper something in Lily’s ear, and she would giggle.

What a lovely sound, Sirius thought, and instantly reprimanded himself for doing so. You have a wonderful girlfriend, Sirius, so stop thinking about those that belong to others. Speak of the devil…

Miranda tumbled into the common room with a bunch of her friends. Miranda was a fifth year, a year under Sirius. When she spotted Sirius, she flounced over and plopped on top of his lap.

“Sirius, darling!” she squealed. “How much I’ve missed you! You’ve got to tell me all about your day! Oh, and do you like my hair? I styled it differently today and I was wondering what you would think…”

Sirius half-listened as Miranda rambled on and on about her day, her classes, her professors, anything she could think about. Miranda was beautiful, yet in a completely different way than Lily. Miranda had dark, dark brown hair, which was currently tousled and looked like she had just rolled out of bed, but in a good way. Although it was messy, anyone could tell that she had spent a good few minutes’ time styling it this morning. She had dark brown eyes, long dark eyelashes, a cute nose, and a pouty mouth. Speaking of pouty”

“Sirius, why aren’t you listening to me? Or answering me for that matter? Is something wrong? Did somebody hurt you? If they did, trust me, I’ll find them and beat them to a pulp…”

Despite her delicate appearance, Miranda could certainly pack a punch. She was extremely athletic and was, in fact, on the Gryffindor quidditch team as the keeper.

“No, no… nothing’s wrong… trust me, I’m fine, Miranda. I think I’m just going to go to bed a bit early, I’m really quite tired…”

Sirius kissed Miranda on the cheek, said goodnight to his friends, and ascended the stairs to his dormitory. He climbed into his four-poster, fully clothed, and instantly fell asleep.

***

The next day was Saturday, which meant Quidditch practice for both James and Miranda. The two ran off to attend that immediately after breakfast, and since both Remus and Peter had their monthly Gobstones club meeting, Sirius was able to be with Lily, just the two of them.

Since it was an unusually warm afternoon, at least for November, Sirius suggested that they take a walk around the lake, or at least part of it. Lily, being the adventurous soul that she was, suggested that they should grab their swimming trunks and maybe take a dip once they reached the small sandy area located in a cove about a quarter-mile walk away.

As they walked, Sirius thought of so many things, many of them involving Lily. He listened to her talk of all sorts of topics, and sometimes just closed his eyes and breathed in the fresh air, Lily, the smell of the lake, and some more Lily. Boy, does she smell good, he thought.

Once they reached the little cove, Lily sent Sirius out of eyeshot so she could change. He (reluctantly) went behind a knot of large oak trees and changed as well. After Lily said that it was okay for him to come out, he stepped out from behind the trees and instantly had the breath knocked out of him. Not physically of course, but from the sight that lay before him.

Yes, lay, for Lily was lying on a blanket stretched out on the ground, apparently tanning. Sirius considered for a minute what sort of playful thing he should do to her, and eventually decided that it would be playful, yet not too flirtatious, for him to pick her up and throw her into the lake.

He stood for a few seconds, watching how the light reflected off her bare stomach and wishing that she were his. Next thing he knew, he was lifting her off the blanket.

She started to shriek and laugh as he scooped her up and tossed her into the lake, and then came hurtling out again and toppled him over into the sand. They had a little wrestling match, and after becoming thoroughly exhausted, both lay in the sand for a while.

“I need to rinse off…” Lily began, but was cut off by a great roar of laughter from Sirius, for she was covered in sand.

“Indeed you do, miss, indeed you do.” He helped her up and began to pretend to waltz around the little beach with her, and then leaped into the water. “Come on in, the water’s great!” he shouted.

***
It was nearly dinnertime by the time they arrived back from the little cove, and quickly took their places in the Great Hall, both with sopping wet hair and flushed faces.

James gave the two an inquiring look, then decided not to ask, and dug into his meal. A few moments later, Miranda arrived, and soon talk at the table was dominated by her cheerful chatter.

Sirius decided to take a trip to the library, and invited James, Lily, and Miranda to come along, but Lily and James declined, reason being that they needed to spend a little ‘alone-time’.

Once at the library, Sirius found that it was quite hard to concentrate on his potions homework with Miranda talking about everything she had ever done in her life, so after only about an hour and a half, the two packed up and went back to the common room.

By this time, it was nearly ten-o-clock, and so Sirius decided to turn in after his busy day. Therefore, after a quick snogging session with Miranda in a vacant classroom, he traipsed upstairs and happily prepared for bed.