Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Moongate Beckons When The Canvas Sleeps by gossipweaver

Printer
Summary:

When illusions overlap with reality, when fairy tales become too real... Unfortunately for Oliver, not all fairy tales have a happy ending...





What can be more cruel… purposely arranging two people from two different worlds, to cross paths, meet, fall in love, only to part ways…



Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ] Past Featured Story
Category: Various Pairings
Characters: None
Warnings: None
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 12 Completed?: Yes
Wordcount: 30456 Viewcount: 60151
Published on: 12/03/05 Updated On: 07/28/06






1. Chapter 1 In Search Of The Shoreline by gossipweaver [ - ] (1363 words)
Oliver was one of the four main characters in The Boy Next Door, Part 3 of My Guardian Angel series. His role as Ginny’s unlikely soul mate was based on his relationship with Yuriko Nanikawa, a muggle girl who left him, apparently having succumbed to the pressure from her father, who discovered Oliver to be a wizard. Here is his story.
2. Chapter 2 Passwords In The Rain by gossipweaver [ - ] (1094 words)
The tapping sounds of rain seem to be language that only his ears can understand…
3. Chapter 3 The Ashes Of Love by gossipweaver [ - ] (1431 words)
In this busy metropolis, a walk of no more than a hundred steps is an encounter of no less than a hundred faces that are just like his… faces covered with the ashes of love… lonely shadows that do nothing but provide company for the other lonely shadows…
4. Chapter 4 An Imprint From A Stranger by gossipweaver [ - ] (1270 words)
Theirs was a brief but intimate encounter, and by chance, they would meet again. For him, she is his temporary escape from reality, but for her, he represents a long lasting reminder of what she longs to have as her reality…
5. Chapter 5 Feels Like A Surprise Visit From A Dear Old Friend by gossipweaver [ - ] (1976 words)
She hadn’t seen him in a while, and she certainly didn’t expect to see so much of him all at once this morning, but what she really wanted to see remained hidden…
6. Chapter 6 Fantasy's Mirror by gossipweaver [ - ] (3091 words)
When a children's fairy tale begins to play itself out in real life with uncanny similarities, such is fantasy crisscrossing with reality, and the ending will matter more than ever...
7. Chapter 7 The Wrongs Of Time by gossipweaver [ - ] (2524 words)
The feelings of time… the heartbeat of time… the victims of time…
8. Chapter 8 Across The Glassy Window by gossipweaver [ - ] (2499 words)
Standing between them is always going to be something that divides them… the door in a frame, the light from a lamp, or the curtain on a window, that takes at least one person to open… but does this automatically mean the other person is also ready for its opening?
9. Chapter 9 Snowflake by gossipweaver [ - ] (3971 words)
To survive is a lifespan of cold and loneliness. To be safe is to travel with the bitter winds. Yet one snowflake is determined to find his path to warmth, even knowing that his decision would mean his instant demise. But no one will understand the snowflake. He would not want it any other way. With his last breath, he slowly melts away, in the fires of love he was always destined to be with…
10. Chapter 10 Marionette by gossipweaver [ - ] (3484 words)
Loving someone is like allowing that person to permanently dictate every movement of one’s heart strings, and every moment of one’s happiness and sadness. We wonder of his next move… it all depends on his owner….
11. Chapter 11 Thundersnow by gossipweaver [ - ] (3590 words)

”Yuriko, I stand by the barren tree.
I await your musical strings,
Your letters my heart sings,
Ambience for my bloodstains,
Innocence under your celestial wings.

Yuriko, I still have your ring.
Stop your departing train.
Stop punishing me with pain.
I need more than rain.
Don’t leave behind the olive wooden tree…”

~ Oliver Wood ~



12. Chapter 12 The Mournful Sound Of The Train Whistle by gossipweaver [ - ] (4163 words)
What was left to accompany the rain was but the tinkling of melancholic bells, like glimmers of punctuation marks, chording through the wails of station music from the wavering speakers, and the polyphonies of lyrics sung by the remaining lonesome winds. Dissonant, unresolved, and distant, it was the mournful sound of the train whistle, the low constant pitch vehemently trumpeting its way back to the station where she was. With its rhythms crisscrossing through the dazzling raindrops, the train whistle was determined to escort her one last time, like a final lingering call, resonating gallantly for miles and miles…