Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Forever and Always by darkwing731

Printer
Summary:
Attention: this story is post-HBP, but AU post HBP and with spoilers. It's a sort of alternate universe, but in the end will be (mostly) compatible with HBP, excluding the fact that Draco and Hermione never got together in the books, and certain deaths.


The day Draco Malfoy returns to Hogwarts, the student body succumbs to the vicious rumors like starving wolves to a piece of meat. Murders, speculation, and confirmed lies only invigorate the malicious boy who had undergone a disturbing transformation. However, no one premeditated Malfoy's fierce desire to be left alone, nor the rancorous, omnipotent attacks that accompanied it. But what rattled them all was the fact that Hermione Granger, more logical and cunning than the rest, would have the audacity to stand up to him.


Hermione Granger did not expect herself to become a detective; a turbulent relationship with Ron, and the figure of Voldemort hovering over the castle, they are the least of her troubles as Malfoy's fatal depression puts everything on the line. Through the visions of a shattered family and the desperate attempts to keep it together, the epiphany that only she can help Malfoy unlocks a traumatizing, unexpected event that no one could've predicted. Discovering she isn’t the only genius on the planet, the ever-looming horcruxes throw her into a mess that she must fix before her life, and everyone else's... is destroyed.


CHAPTER 9 FINALLY IN QUEUE!!! This story is NOT abandoned!


Note: This starts off with a Ron/Hermione ship that lasts a long time; if you can't stomach that ship, don't read it!


BANNER IN BIO!!!
Ratings: 3rd-5th Years [ - ]
Category: Hermione/Draco
Characters: None
Warnings: Alternate Universe, Book 7 Disregarded, Character Death, Self Injury, Sexual Situations, Violence
Challenge:
Serie: None
Chapters: 8 Completed?: No
Wordcount: 48721 Viewcount: 24878
Published on: 12/04/05 Updated On: 07/23/07





1. September First by darkwing731 [ - ] (4054 words)
Pre-HBP. 7th year begins for the trio, and Hermione is joyous and excited as she has received the role of Head Girl. She was happy, but everything changed when she learned she was sharing the titles with him. If he wasn't bad enough, Malfoy now seemed to be more vicious and cruel than usual, but she knows there's something else lurking beneath his hard exterior. However, all thoughts of him are swept away when the boys of her dreams indrectly admits he's been dreaming of her too.
2. Here We Are by darkwing731 [ - ] (3582 words)
The little barbs Malfoy used to throw at her have now turned into vicious attacks, and Hermione can't do a thing about it but cower in fear. But as soon as he is out of the picture, Ginny and Hermione explore the Head Girl quarters, and "overhear" the boys talking. Ginny's furious, Harry's frightened, and Ron and Hermione simply just do not know what is going on. But still, they lead one another to the light... together.
3. A Mission to be Considered by darkwing731 [ - ] (4987 words)
It seems to be a very unpredictable day for Hermione, for one moment she's squealing in joy, and the next, trembling in mortification. However, Dumbledore gives her an ominous mission that needs both patience and bravery, and a mule-headed girl that would face the biggest of fears for someone she intensely dislikes. Hermione, it seems, possesses all of those quailities. She has to soften the heart of another, so what could possibly stand in her way?
4. A Hard Realization by darkwing731 [ - ] (7745 words)
Hermione thinks she is off to a calm start, but with the news that Harry has had some disturbing dreams of Voldemort, clues pertaining the death of Narcissa Malfoy and stupid jeering make it all a bit chaotic for her. But concerning Malfoy, she and Ginny devise a way to keep everything in tact, but just when Hermione thought she could get a short break, she takes the wrong step in an awful direction, and Malfoy is there to trap her, more furious than ever.
5. Weakness by darkwing731 [ - ] (7376 words)
It's only a week or so into school, and Hermione finds herself completely overwhelmed. At first, it was only Malfoy, but then Voldemort enters the picture, and she finds herself terrfied. Now she has the face the disturbing silence of Harry, the looming presence of Malfoy as she scrambles to hide the secret of her bruises, and of the encounter with Voldemort. She's found one haven, but how long can one thing last?
6. Chances by darkwing731 [ - ] (7126 words)
Everything Hermione has been trying to do has been thrown away. Not only does Malfoy indirectly open a horrible can of worms, but no one seems to understand what exactly is going on. With Ron being an overprotective prat, Harry still showing side-effects of Voldemort's possession, and Ginny's clever interrogation, Malfoy shows them all up within minutes, minutes that have Hermione's life dangling on the line...
7. Another Little Problem by darkwing731 [ - ] (7494 words)
Hermione has taken on a new outlook on her life, a perspective where she feels as if nothing, not even Malfoy, could stop her. But with the entrance of a new Head-Boy, Ron's persistant nagging and the haunting nightmare that will linger in her dreams for months to come, Hermione's list of problems has just gotten a little bigger.
8. Make Me Wild by darkwing731 [ - ] (6357 words)
The perpetual fighting between Ron and Hermione finally ceases when their passion for yelling takes another twist. One of Hermione's classes produces a strange message, one she cannot decipher, but at the same time she can't worry about that as she puts off Justin's comments. Still, it's only a matter of time before things intertwine and Malfoy's infallibility collapses...