Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Their Child- of Voldemort's. by professor mary

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Mum! Dad! It’s Toof with the post!” shrieked a young girl, as she ran down the long corridor of Malfoy Manor.

“Bring it in here, dear,” Hermione’s voice echoed from the library.

The little girl barreled into the library, holding a roll of parchment as if it was a treasure. She sat on the couch, waiting impatiently for her parents to finish their tasks and to join her to read the letter.

“It’s about time that child wrote!” exclaimed Hermione, putting down her paperwork. “It’s been almost two weeks…” she trailed off as she walked over to the couch.

“Well, let’s see it, then,” Draco said gently, as he held out his hand for the letter.

“Hermione?”

“I’m right here,” she responded, taking her seat next to her daughter.

Draco unfolded the roll of parchment. He cleared his throat and began to read.

Dear Mum, Dad, and Rebecca,

Sorry I’ve taken so long to write! These past two weeks have flown by! It already seems like ages ago that you dropped me off at King’s Cross! Thanks for sending me letters, though- I’ve missed you all so much. Now I’ll tell you everything and hopefully answer all your questions, too.

First and foremost, I love it here. Though I really do miss you all- (especially you, Rebecca!) I am having a wonderful time! Hogwarts is everything that you said it would be, Mum and Dad. Everything!

Gryffindor House is fantastic.


“Gryffindor?!?” Draco scowled.

“Daddy! Keep reading, please!” Rebecca pleaded. Draco’s face softened and he continued to read the letter aloud.

The older students have been very welcoming and friendly. And my roommates are great, too- Uncle Ron’s nieces, Sabine and Simone, are really fun. I’ve been practicing my French with them. Besides the Twins, there are two Muggle-born girls, Lydia Jones and Janet Keplar. Interestingly, they both have the gray marks on their palms- and they remember meeting Uncle Ron and Aunt Ginny when they were younger. I haven’t said anything about the marks- and they don’t really seem to want to talk about them. I guess I understand…

Classes are going well- the teachers must really enjoy piling on the homework! Mum, don’t worry- of course, I am doing all of my homework! I had to find a quieter place than the Common room, though, for studying. It’s too easy to get drawn into whatever the Twins are doing… Speaking of that, the first day I ventured into the library, Madame Pince showed me “your” table, Mum. It’s a good workspace- maybe it’ll be “my” table now.


“Oh! I’m so glad Madame Pince showed her the alcove. Some of my best Hogwarts memories are from that space…” Hermione interrupted.

“Mum!” Rebecca yelled.

I know you worry about me, Mum and Dad. I could tell from your last letter. But really, there’s nothing to be concerned about. Even though I’ve had my temper tested a few times (already!), I haven’t even come close to so much as overheating. Professor Dumbledore told me he’d continue my training himself while I’m here at Hogwarts until I no longer need it. The only thing even resembling an incident was a bad dream that I had a few nights ago. But I was able to wake myself up and do the breathing exercises and calming chants and bring my body temperature down to normal. I didn’t even have to use the Cooling potion. By the way, Madame Pomfrey gave me a small vial of Cooling potion for emergencies that I keep with me at all times.

Draco stopped reading and looked over at Hermione. She nodded at him as if to say, “We’ll talk about that later.”

As for what tested my temper… well, it’s nothing now, I guess. Uncle Severus (of course I call him “Professor” in class, Dad!) gave me a detention and took House points away from me and the Twins on the second day of classes. In all fairness, they were trying to overheat the powdered Belladonna root, knowing perfectly well that it would then explode. And I was laughing (because it WAS funny at the time!). And then Uncle Severus caught us- he yelled, deducted points, and then gave me- ONLY ME- a detention. Initially, I was outraged to be singled out- but then, as I already wrote earlier, I didn’t even start to overheat. Professor Dumbledore told me that this was excellent proof of my progress, by the way.

When I showed up for detention that night, Uncle Severus gave me a short lecture about troublemakers and then he took me to Hogsmeade for hot chocolate! He told me not to tell any of the other students- not that anyone would believe me! He said it was a belated birthday present…. But since then, he’s given me two other detentions, both times taking me out for ice cream! Oh, he told me to tell you that he’d see you all this weekend for a visit.

My favorite class is Defense Against the Dark Arts. Aunt Ginny is the coolest! She really knows her stuff. The first week of classes, she had us traipsing around the lake, looking for grindylows! She does tend to assign a lot of homework- almost as much as Professor McGonagall! (Again, Mum- no worries! I’d never show up without doing my homework!) She and Uncle Harry have had the Twins and me over for tea several times already. Oh, Dad, Uncle Harry told me to remind you that you owe him ten Galleons because I was Sorted into Gryffindor.


“Harry will never let me live this down,” Draco groaned. Hermione just giggled.

“I don’t think I will, either, love,” she chuckled.

I’m glad to hear that Grandmother is feeling better these days. She did send me a very short letter on my second day, informing me of what she had had for breakfast. She also congratulated me on making Gryffindor even though I don’t know how she would have known- I guess she Saw it. But she sounded friendly and even closed with a “love, Gram.” Be sure to give her a hug from me the next time you all visit her at St. Mungo’s.

Well, I’d better go now. I’m writing this while serving another “detention” with Uncle Severus. I think that it’s interesting that writing you was part of my detention this evening (Dad!). Now we’re going to get something sweet from the kitchens before we go up to the Owlery.

Christmas holidays seem very far away. I miss you all. Can’t wait to see you!

With love,

Louisa Granger-Malfoy



Draco snorted. “I can’t believe it! How could my own daughter be a Gryffindor…” but Hermione’s chortles interrupted him.

“Hmm… I think all that bravery must be a dominant trait, you know,” she teased.

“Mum? Will I be a Gryffindor, too, then?” Rebecca, the five year old blond, asked.

“Not if I can help it!” Draco said as he playfully swept up his youngest daughter.

Hermione stood up from the couch, wrapping her arms around the two of them- as much as she was able to, anyway, with her rather large pregnant belly. After hugging them both, she stepped away to look out the open window.

“Hmmm… all that talk of ice cream… Rebecca, would you go ask one of the elves to bring up some ice cream- strawberry, please!” she asked, rubbing her expansive midsection. Draco put the girl down and watched in amusement as she happily skipped off to do her mother’s bidding.

“Well, she’s probably not going to be a Slytherin either.”

“Are you implying that you wouldn’t enjoy bringing me some ice cream right now?” Hermione queried with a raised eyebrow.

“Oh, no, Hermione, my love. Self-preservation has always been very high on my list of priorities!” he joked sweetly, as he moved to join her in front of the window.

She sighed when he stepped behind her and then wrapped his arms around her. She leaned back into his embrace.

“It sounds like Louisa is doing really well, doesn’t it? She’s made friends- though I’m slightly apprehensive about Bill and Fleur’s daughters. Those two have all the makings of another Fred and George!” she laughed.

“And she seems to be enjoying her classes and taking her studies seriously,” Draco said approvingly.

“You didn’t tell me about Severus, Draco,” she murmured.

“What? I said that he’d look out for her. How was I to know how soft he’s become?” he replied amiably.

“Well, I like the idea that she’s being looked after. And I must say that I’m relieved that Dumbledore is going to personally oversee her training. The sooner she masters her inner fires, the safer she “ and everyone around her- will be,” she said, worryingly.

“Hermione, she hasn’t started a fire in two years. And even then, she was able to put it out before anyone was hurt. You heard what she wrote- she’s getting a lot better with her self-control. We just have to have patience and faith in her,” he reasoned.

“I know, Draco. I know. She’s such a special child. I just want for her to be safe- that’s all,” she responded.

Draco didn’t say anything for several minutes. He just tightened his embrace and rested his chin on the top of her head.

“We have made her as safe as we can, Hermione. We gave her what she needed six years ago. The best thing we can do now is to let her go to school…”

“Are you sure, Draco? We could bring her back her for a bit longer- just until she fully masters her-”

“No,” Draco gently interrupted. “We have to trust Louisa now. There’s no reason to think that she won’t be able to overcome these challenges. Besides, both Dumbledore and Harry are there watching out for her- not to mention Severus, Ginny, and the other professors. If something changes,” he paused in thoughtfulness. “If something changes- if her abilities overwhelm her- or if she comes into a new set of powers- she’s already set to receive the best training she can,” he explained.

“Dumbledore’s last letter said as much,” Hermione conceded.

Draco sighed, leaning his face down into Hermione’s curls.

“I love the way you smell,” he breathed.

This made Hermione laugh.

“Are you trying to change the subject?” she asked.

“Maybe…” he whispered into her ear. She shivered at the warm breath on her neck and then turned around to face her husband.

She slid her arms around his neck, burying her hands in soft locks of white blond hair. Then she stood on her tiptoes and leaned in to plant a full kiss on his lips. Draco returned the kiss, deepening it, and letting his tongue dart through her mouth.

“Mmm… someone’s already gotten into the ice cream,” he murmured as he continued to kiss her.

“Yuck!” Rebecca said, as she returned with her own bowl of ice cream.

Draco and Hermione broke apart, laughing at their youngest daughter’s outrage. Two elves busied themselves setting up a large tray of several flavors of ice cream.

“After you, my love,” Draco said, leading Hermione over to the table now groaning under the weight of the ice cream.

Hermione sat back down on the couch next to Rebecca. She moved Louisa’s letter out of the way as she reached for the strawberry ice cream.

“Hey- there’s something written on the back of this paper,” Rebecca said, pointing to a post-script written in Louisa’s neat blocky penmanship.

“Read it, love,” Hermione replied.

“Ooh! It’s addressed to me!” Rebecca said excitedly. Hermione and Draco watched as the little girl read over the letter.

P.S. Rebecca, guess what? We’re going to have a brother. You can decide to tell Mum and Dad, if you want. Love, Louisa

“Well, what does she say?” Draco prompted.

“Hmmm… I don’t think I’ll tell you, just yet,” she replied, gleefully. Then she snatched up the letter and skipped out of the room.

“What was that about?” Hermione pondered.

“No telling with those two,” Draco answered with a smile.

Finis.

A/N: A huge thank you to all my readers and reviewers! My first foray into fan fiction has been so much fun! I have started another story- a D/Hr, of course, entitled "Shifting Perspectives.". This one is *inspired* by the characters of Lucius/Narcissa from this story- meaning my next tale involves some (rather strange but cool) body swapping- and it takes place in the Trio’s Hogwarts years. Look for it on Schnoogle (www.schnoogle.com) under “Professor Mary.”
or at http://www.schnoogle.com/authorLinks/Professor_Mary/

Again, my thanks to you all! Love, prof mary