Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Misguided Hero by DayDreamer45

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
(A/N: I know that some of you have been waiting forever for me to write more. But I have been having “issues” getting the next part posted on Mugglenet. If it is taking forever for me to put up another chapter, check www.harrypotterfanfiction.com because I am always on that site. Anyway, I hope you enjoy this chapter!)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Harry was still awake at two o'clock. He tossed and turned, desperately trying to fall asleep. Finally Harry decided that for some unknown reason, sleep would not come. Harry quietly got up, making sure he did not wake up Ron and taking a blanket with him. Slowly and silently he walked down the stairs. As he passed Ginny's old room, he noticed light shining through the crack in the door. ‘Why would Hermione be up so late?' Harry thought to himself. He was tempted to knock on the door and peek inside, but decided against it. As he went for the next step, it unexpectedly creaked. Harry half expected Hermione to open the door to see who was up as late as her. But it remained shut and he continued down the stairs.

Harry found his way into the Weasley's living room in the dark and lay across the couch. He wasn't aware of how long he stared at the dying fire across from him, but he suddenly heard footsteps coming down the stairs. He peeked over the couch and saw a woman in a robe with long bushy hair. “Hermione? Is that you?” The figured jumped and looked around.

The shadow spotted Harry on the couch, “Harry! You're lucky I didn't hex you!” Hermione whispered back. “Why are you sitting in the dark?” She asked as she re-lit the fire.

Harry moved himself and allowed Hermione to sit next to him. Harry noticed a large book in her arms and raised his eyebrows. “Did you check that out for light reading? That monster is the size of Hogwarts, A History. You didn’t re-write it to show the cruelty of House-elf slavery did you?”

Hermione glared at Harry, “No actually. I um…” Her pervious look changed to anxiousness. “Well, this is something I wrote. But it’s not a revised version of Hogwarts, A History.”

“What is it about then?”

“Well, it’s about you.” Hermione added in a rushed voice. “Before you get angry, let me explain. There have been thousands of stories written about you. But none of them really portray the real you. And I know because I have read all of them. So, I took the liberty in writing what really happened at Hogwarts.” She handed Harry the book.

“Bloody hell! This thing weighs as much as Dudley!” He glanced at Hermione. She was wringing her hands nervously and biting her bottom lip as if she was expecting him to explode at any moment. He took her hand in his, “If anyone was going to write my biography, Hermione, I would want it to be you.” Harry said earnestly. “At least you won’t portray me as a misguided hero.”

“But you are a hero, Harry.”

Harry rolled his eyes, “You know what I mean.” He stared at the fire for a minute, then glanced back at Hermione. There was a single tear falling down her cheek. “Why are you crying?”

“Because, Harry.” Hermione smiled, “I’ve missed you.”

Harry wiped her tear away. “I’ve missed you too.” And for the first time in ten years, Harry meant it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So that is the second chapter. I have most of the story written out. It’s just the issue of typing it!