Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Moments of His Life by LilMissGranger

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: Lucky duck, J.K. came up with Harry and Co. first. I am simply having a little fun with them for no profit whatsoever.

A/N: This is a prologue, so that’s why it’s a bit short, sorry! :) And just to clear up some confusion-we all know that Lily has died, and this chapter is simply her life flashing before her eyes. But pay attention! Some things in her backstory are going to become important later on. So, this chapter is also just a bit of a transition chapter, the real meat of the story starts in the next chapter. You can’t wait, can you? Also-465 reads? Wow! Although I don’t know how many of those were people just checking for updates…still, excitement!


Prologue: The Journey Begins


Lily was whirling through space, void of light and sound. She tried to scream, but it was thrown back down her throat and she choked. She spun faster, and lights exploded around her. Images flashed before her eyes.

She was singing a lullaby to her favorite baby doll, cradling it gently in her arms. “Hush little baby, don’t say a word, momma’s gonna buy you a mocking bird…

It was her seventh birthday and she was blowing out the candles on a pink cake while nine year old Petunia hugged her.

Petunia was making fun of her at the dinner table again, and she made her glass explode, again, which meant she would have to go talk to the psychiatrist, again.

An owl was flying towards her on her eleventh birthday as she ran away, hands over her head.

Lily was watching in amazement as the solid brick wall opened before her as she entered Diagon Alley with her bewildered mother for the first time.

She saw herself small and trembling getting Sorted into Gryffindor. “You’ve got a heart full of fire and passion.

She was clutching the staircase railing alone as the staircase lurched her in another direction on her first day at Hogwarts

“Hi,” said the girl next to her in Charms class shyly as Lily plopped into her seat, late, “I’m Alice.”

She was reading the letter that told her her grandparents had died, crying quietly as Alice hugged her.

She felt the most remarkable swooping sensation as she learned to fly on a broomstick.

She was on her first adventure to Hogsmeade and drinking her first bottle of butterbeer, marveling as it warmed her whole body through.

A fifteen year old Petunia with jealous eyes was facing her saying, “I hate you, you freak.”

James’s hazel eyes filled her vision as he asked in fourth year, “Evans, will you go out with me?” rumpling his hair all the while of course.

Lily screamed and clapped as Gryffindor beat Slytherin three hundred ten to sixty for the third year running in the Quidditch Cup.

It was the end her fifth year and she told James something she regretted for the rest of her life. “You make me SICK.”*

She collapsed into a chair after reading the letter that told her she had received twelve O.W.L.’s

Mudblood,” hissed a sixteen year old Snape from the shadows.

She was sitting by herself in the corner at the wedding reception for Petunia’s marriage of Vernon Dursley.

“Lily, give him a chance. Give yourself a chance!” Alice pleaded.

She watched as the Head Girl pin fall out of her letter and into her hand the summer before seventh year.

Her first kiss…from James.

She bit her lip as she scribbled away on her N.E.W.T.'s. “How can they judge us on ONE test?!

It was the first time she had said it to anyone. “Because I love you, you stupid prat!” Not quite what she had imagined...

She was laughing merrily at Moody’s cracks throughout her training in the Auror Academy.

Lily felt again the determination to fight this evil as she was initiated into the Order.

It was her wedding day and as she danced, she held James close.

She remembered the horror of watching her parents killed before her eyes.

She was fighting Voldemort with James at her side. “We will get through this, we can do this, we WILL make it, oh please…

“I would think it better if I was your Secret Keeper, Lily,” said Dumbledore gently.

Harry. Harry blinking slowly as he opened his eyes for the first time.


She hit the ground with a start, only one thought in her head.

HARRY!


* Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix Chapter 28, page 648, U.S. edition

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Thanks to my beta! Please review, I like input!