Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Last Crusade by Horax

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As Harry walked back to the house, he saw Mr. Weasley just walking out the door. “Can I speak to you a moment, Mr. Weasley?”



“Certainly Harry,” Arthur answered, looking slightly surprised.


Harry guided Mr. Weasley away from the house. Once they were out of sight, he pulled the five letters out of his pocket.

“Mr. Weasley, I need you to keep these letters.”


“Very fancy Harry seals and all,” Mr. Weasley said looking somewhat impressed.


“Yes,” said Harry. “These are to be given to the people I have named on the letter should I die or become incapable of communicating. Mr. Weasley, it is very important that they are delivered to all the people,” said Harry firmly.


“If that should happen, I will see that they get their letters,” answered Mr. Weasley. “I hope that we never need to deliver these letters. I do however believe that Molly would be the best person to hold on to these,” mused Mr. Weasley.


“I’ll leave instructions as to how and under what conditions these letters should be delivered in case something should happen to Molly or me,” continued Mr. Weasley.”


“One more thing, sir; I guess you probably heard that I told Ginny that we could not be together because it was too dangerous with Voldemort around.”


“Yes, Harry, I heard, but please don't use that name,” Mr. Weasley said sadly.


“Oh, sorry,” said Harry. He had forgotten how much Mr. Weasley did not like hearing that name. “I understand that it is tradition in the wizarding world to speak to the girl’s father. If I return safely, I ask permission to court your daughter. I know that we are young, Mr. Weasley, but we both have been through a lot. But please don’t tell Ginny that we had this conversation.”


Mr. Weasley laughed, putting his hand on Harry's shoulder.


For a moment Harry thought he might have said something incorrect. “Did I say something wrong, Mr. Weasley?”


“No, no, Harry, I would be very pleased to, if she consents. It just reminded me of when I was your age, going to see Molly’s' father. I was scared to death. I remember the first time I ever saw her; I was a year younger than you. Molly was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen.” Mr. Weasley stared off into space for a moment, obviously reliving a fond memory. “Yes, Harry, I think you would be good for each other. But be careful; in case you have not noticed yet, she has a fearful temper, just like her mother.” Mr. Weasley smiled, turned, and headed for the house.


Harry noticed Ginny and Hermione walking by the forest, talking in low voices. The monster inside of him sprang to life. She was so beautiful; the sun shone on her hair like red fire. What had once been a thin, stick-like figure had blossomed into the curves of the woman she was to become. It took all of Harry's control not to just run over to Ginny and consume her. After getting a hold of himself, he walked over to where they were talking.


“Ginny, may I speak to you for a few minutes?”


Hermione quickly said she had some studying to do and departed.


“May we walk a little?” questioned Harry.


Ginny nodded in agreement and they headed out across the field. Finally, when they had arrived at a large oak, Harry and Ginny sat down.


“Ginny, I know this is not your birthday, but I could not wait.” At that he pulled a box out of his pocket. He handed it to Ginny.


Her hands trembled slightly as she grasped the package. “The wrapping paper is so beautiful,” she murmured. When she opened the box, her eyes seemed to be twice their normal size. “Harry, this must have cost a fortune. Are those real?”


“Yes,” said Harry. “They are all real; diamonds, emeralds, and sapphires.”


Tears filled Ginny’s eyes. “But why did you give this to me when you said we could not be together?”


“Let me put it on,” said Harry, not answering her question. As he brought the necklace around her slender neck, he brushed her hair out of the way. Ginny shivered at his touch. “There it is,” said Harry. “It looks beautiful on you, but not as beautiful as you are,” smiled Harry.


“This necklace is very special,” he said as he took out the other box and handed it to Ginny. “Now you need to give me back that box; it’s a present for me.”


“All right,” said Ginny, as she handed him the smaller square box. Harry opened it, and there was a matching bracelet, not as fancy, but very beautiful nevertheless.


“Put it on my wrist,” Harry commanded. Her hands were shaking as she placed the silver and gold bracelet on his wrist.


“These are enchanted. Ginny, if you are in trouble, my bracelet will warn me. The bracelet will also show me where you are.” I will feel much better knowing that you are safe,” said Harry in a very convincing tone. “As long as you wear the necklace, I’ll know you are fine. Ginny, I am sorry, it seems that I have spent so much of my life being this hero to everyone, sometimes I am not as considerate about others feelings as I should be.


“If things were different, our biggest problem would be to someday pick out a house you liked, if we were to married, or how many children you wanted, and just being young.


“Part of growing up is to understand that, sadly, it’s not that simple. I have a job to do before I can allow myself to think of those things.


“Ginny, will you wait for me?” At that moment his green eyes met hers. It was as if their two souls joined, only for a moment.


She gave him the type of hug that says, “I’ll never let go.”
“I want to be with you now and always,” Ginny said sincere conviction.


“Thank you, Ginny. Knowing, you will be here means a great deal to me.”


“Harry, there is something I really need to tell you,” spoke Ginny. But before she could say what it was, they kissed with a passion that grasped them both. As they lay down in the grass and looked into each others eyes, time stopped for just a little while.


Both knew that when they went back to the house, and until this nightmare was over, they would have no more moments together that would be equal to this one.


The afternoon's light was already beginning to touch the evening when Harry and Ginny began walking back to the house.


“By the way, Harry, how many children do you want?” Ginny giggled.


Harry smiled and replied, “Four, I think: two boys and two girls.”

They both laughed.


Ron met them about half way to the house “Where have you been?” he asked, raising his eyebrows.


“Just talking,” Ginny said quickly.


“The way you look, you did more than that,” smirked Ron.



“Don't you dare” said Ginny, before she realized that she had grass and hay in her hair, which was completely out of place, and her dress had many grass stains on it. She looked at Harry and saw his clothes and hair were in the same disarray.


“Oh, I was showing Harry how to climb a tree and we both fell, lucky for us the ground was soft.”


Ron just shook his head, “Better not let mom see you like that, Ginny.”


“Thanks,” Ginny said to Ron and kissed him on the cheek. At that he turned a brighter shade of red than his hair.


Harry and Ginny entered the door, and Harry stood guard as Ginny ran up stairs to change and wash up. Harry brushed his hair and cloths, removing a lot of grass and hay. He would treasure the moments they had together for as long as he lived.


Harry spent the evening talking to Ginny and Hermione about everything from Voldemort to the wedding. It was nice to be able to talk with Ginny around.


She had come to understand that it was not the fear of Voldemort knowing they were in a relationship that kept them apart, but rather the necessity of Harry concentrating fully on the task at hand.


The evening moved swiftly by, Crookshanks had fallen asleep on Ginny's lap, and the fire in the fireplace was beginning to die.


“I am beat,” said Hermione, and headed up the stairs.


Harry held both of Ginny's hands, kissing each in turn. He kissed her lips, knowing that this might be their last time.


Unknown to both of them, Mrs. Weasley was looking from the door way at them, on the way to bed. Just like Arthur and myself, she smiled. I hope they both make it. On that thought, she quietly went to bed to join Arthur.


In the morning Ginny was up early. She went downstairs with a spring in her step. She began do to something that she had never really done: make breakfast. Her mother and her father came down as the meal was almost ready.


“Please sit down,” said Ginny; the table was already set.


Molly took a minute and had to be told where to sit. It had been so long since she was able to sit down with her husband and eat. Ginny was humming, and with wand flying, preparing more food.


Arthur was completely shocked by his daughter’s transformation and gave Molly a look of wonder. Molly raised her finger to her mouth.

“Well,” said Mr. Weasley, “off to work I go. Great breakfast, love you dear,” he said as he gave his wife a kiss and was out the door.


“Well Mum, everything will be ready when the others come down,” said Ginny, as she had stopped humming.


“Dear,” said Mrs. Weasley, “it is so wonderful to see you are feeling better.”


“Yes, Mum, never felt better,” muttered Ginny.


“Hmm, dear, I saw you come back from the woods yesterday.”


Ginny said nothing, preferring to wait for what her mother had to say.


“These are terrible times my dear, but you don't want to rush into something you might regret.”


“There is nothing about being with Harry that I would ever regret,” Ginny said in very firmly.


Molly took a deep breath, and beginning to turn a darker shade of red, said, “I am just not ready to be a grandmother yet, if you know what I mean.”


“Harry has far too much respect for me to let that happen,” explained Ginny.


“Smart lad,” said Molly.


At that Mrs. Weasley turned a brighter shade of red.


“Mum, you are blushing,” said Ginny.


“No, I am not,” Mrs. Weasley said in a firm tone. “It’s just, well, it’s warm in here.” At that, they both laughed. Her little girl was becoming a woman and Molly could not have been more proud.


Time seemed to fly by.


Harry took his Apparition test, succeeding on the first try. Ron took it twice and only passed when Harry said, “Ron accidentally shaved off his eyebrow last night.” The tester might have figured differently, but in these times it did not seem very important.


They both celebrated over several butter beers. Ron had his first Fire whiskey.


He was unsteady on his feet when he returned home. Harry rushed him upstairs quickly, knowing that if Mrs. Weasley caught him, he would be in trouble until he left.


Ron spent several minutes in tears, talking about how Hermione was the most wonderful woman in the world and how Harry was his “bestest friend of Allllll teme.” At that he passed out on the bed. Harry arranged him and put a blanket over him and turned out the light.


Harry told Mrs. Weasley that Ron had such a trying day passing the test that he just fell straight to sleep. Mrs. Weasley gave Harry a look; she knew he was hiding something, but she let it pass. Hermione accepted the story without reservation.