Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Harry Potter and the Last Crusade by Horax

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: The wedding is finally here. Everyone is getting ready for what comes after. Harry begins to deal with the ministry. I saved you a seat enjoy the wedding.
No matter how many times Harry had thought about attending a wedding, it seemed so out of place. That something so normal could be taking place with the future of the wizarding world in danger.


Everything that could be cleaned was cleaner than clean. Mrs. Weasley
moved from one place to another making sure that everything was perfect.


Fred and George were doing their best to help. What seemed interesting to Harry was when they were serious, they both did the work of three people.


Harry got to talk to Fred and George when they, at last, took a break, and asked to speak to them outside.


“As you both know,” began Harry. “I am not very good at dealing with people at times.” George had to laugh, saying, “Yes, we noticed.” Fred was a little kinder only saying as he laughed that “Harry tries.”


“I need your help in dealing with the ministry,” explained Harry. “Scrimgeour wants me to be the poster boy for the ministry, and I refused. But I realize that I can’t just ignore them anymore. I need you both to handle my communications with the Ministry. Do what you can to keep them off my back.”


“Woo the big bad Ministry, think we can handle things George?”


“Don’t see a problem here,” answered Fred.


“What do you want us to do?” They both chimed in at the same time.


“Well, I want you to make arrangements for me to make visits to the ministry, to give people hope. I don’t like it, but it has to be done. Next, I must have access to any part of the ministry that we feel we need to go. Lastly, this letter is for Rufus Scrimgeour. Go to his office in a day or two. Your job will be to get the ministry to proclaim that all house elves who wish to be free will be, and if possible, all magical creatures will have equal rights,” Harry stated with an uncertain tone.


Both Fred and George could not think of anything to say for a few minutes. Fred was the first to say, “Are you nutter?”


“Doesn’t ask much does he,” exclaimed George.


“Well,” said Harry. “It’s a promise I made, that I need to keep. If you both don’t think you can do it I understand,” he said, turning away in the direction of the house.


“Wait,” said George. “We didn’t say it couldn’t be done, just that it wouldn’t be easy.”


Harry could see the wheels turning already.


Fred began. “So, you want us to make arrangements for you to visit the Ministry? Make it so you or whoever have unlimited access to the Ministry? Also, when you say it’s time, work out a deal where the House elves will get their freedom and equal rights for all magical creatures? Last keep the ministry off your back. Is that right?”


“That’s correct,” noted Harry, going into the details of other demands.

“This could be our masterpiece,” Fred chucked once Harry had finished.


“Without a doubt,” responded George. “When do you want us to start?”


“Whenever you want to,” replied Harry.


“Good. We’ll go see the old goat as soon as we can,” remarked Fred.


For the first time since he promised Dobby, Harry felt that it just might happen.


Many of the people that Arthur Weasley worked with were coming to the wedding. Also included was the Minister of Magic himself, Rufus Scrimgeour.


Harry wished he could be a fly on the wall when Fred and George started to talk to him.


The day of the wedding finally arrived. Outside a tent, so large it looked like it belonged in a circus, had appeared.


Percy was one of the first to arrive. He was at first very formal, kissing his mother and shaking hands with his father.


The other siblings had been told by Molly that under no circumstances was any of them to play a trick on him, like they had done at last Christmas.


Without any fanfare Percy saluted everyone in turn with a “hello.”


Percy also did an extremely unexpected thing when he shook hands with Harry, saying how wrong he was about him and if could they start over. Harry was so surprised by this it took a moment for him to think of anything to say. He said it was ok; he was glad that Percy had gotten back with his family. Percy also offered to give him any help that he could.


Ron watched the proceedings and only later did he say that “Percy is up to something.” Harry said, “Sometimes Ron, you should be more understanding.”


“All the women in the house seem to have gone nutter,” as Ron explained it.


Finally Fleur’s family arrived. Seeing her mother one could understand where she got her looks from. Her appearance was that of an angel, as Ron pointed out as he walked into a wall.


The only word that Hermione could come up with was “Pathetic.”


Fleur looked as though she was floating across the floor. She and Gabrielle made a point of stopping to see Harry before they went upstairs to change. Both of them kissed him on the cheek saying how handsome he looked.


Ron tried so hard to get into the conversation, he walked into a door jam and almost
knocked himself out.


Hermione went so far as to grab Ron by the ear and lead him outside, something Fred and George thought was priceless.


Then the women in the wedding party went up to Ginny’s room to change for the wedding.


Ron and Harry were given the unwelcome task of helping everyone find their assigned seat. They didn’t really do that good of a job, but it being a wedding no one seemed to mind.


It seemed that all of the teachers from Hogwarts were in attendance. Even Hagrid was there with Madam Maxime. Headmaster Slughorn came up to Harry; he seemed to have started drinking early to get into the mode. He hugged Harry saying how happy he was to see him and at the same time slipped a pass to the Ministry Library in his hand.


Harry finally realized the Tipsy Slughorn was an act. His behavior reminded him of something Vernon Dursley had said, “Look dumb and act smart.”


Bill had chosen Charlie as his best man. Other than the scars which he still had, Bill was very well dressed and nervous.


Then the wedding began. Fleur and her father, who was a rather plain looking man, walked down the aisle with Gabrielle and Ginny following behind her.


While poking Harry in the ribs and smiling, Fred said, “Is that Ginny?”


Harry hardly heard him; he was in another world, only seeing Ginny. Such a beautiful dress and the necklace around her neck made him all warm inside. He had only seen her dressed and made up this way at the Yule Ball, but that was a long time ago and now he was looking at a beautiful young woman.



The next thing Harry remembered was the music. Bill and Fleur were coming down the aisle. Rose pedals falling from inside the tent. Ginny winked at Harry as she followed the bride and groom outside.


Once outside everyone congratulated the bride and groom. Harry looked back into the tent which was now decorated with many flowers and tables for eating. Name cards were placed where everyone should sit.


The music began again; Ginny came over putting her arm in his. "May I have this dance Mr. Potter?'' She led him onto the newly created dance floor. All he could say was “You look incredible.” She smiled and squeezed his hand.


Harry never imagined that dancing could be so much fun. He remembered the picture where both of his parents were dancing; now he understood how happy they were.


He saw that Ron was back to earth dancing with Hermione. I'll bet he might feel different about dancing now, Harry thought.


After the dancing was over, Scrimgeour walked up to Harry and asked to speak to him for a moment.


Ginny knew full well that she was not included in the conversation. She excused herself telling Harry he was seated next to her at the table, and that she would see him then.


“She is a very pretty girl,” said Scrimgeour.


Harry quickly changed the subject by suggesting they both go over to the old shed.


Fred and George had told Harry, “It’s very important that you control the conversation instead of the other way around.”


He spoke to Scrimgeour as though this was their first conversation.
“How may I assist you Minister?” said Harry.



“I was going to ask if you remember our last conversation.” said Scrimgeour.


Harry made him wait for a moment before responding. “I realize that it is my duty to assist the Ministry in any way I can,” Harry said with a smile.


Scrimgeour’s face was one of shock, but he remained silent.


"I will, from time to time, need some favors from the ministry. In return for that, I will help give public the impression that the ministry is doing a good job. I am going to be at the ministry tomorrow morning to give a statement to the Daily Prophet.”


“That is very wise,” interjected Scrimgeour. “What favors?” questioned the Minister of Magic.


“I, or someone else I may need to grant, need access to the Ministry library, as well as access to any part of the ministry I may need to go,” added Harry.


“No problem there,” answered Scrimgeour.


“Fred and George Weasley will be handling all the publicity and discussions about any further favors,” stated Harry.


“One more thing Minister did you --?”


“Yes, Stan Shunpike was released this morning,” the Minister interrupted.


“How about I see you tomorrow morning at the Ministry at around ten,” Scrimgeour inserted.


Harry did his best to pretend that he had not heard the last question.
“By the way Minister from time to time I will also be providing the location of a Death Eater or two. Fred and George will be meeting with you soon. Also, they will make sure the right article will be appearing in the Daily Prophet.” That being said, Harry felt it was a good time to leave.


“Good, I will see you in the morning, ten will be fine,” explained Harry as he turned and walked away.


As he was walking back to the wedding, Harry could not help but think that he had done very well. Slughorn passed close to him and he felt a note being put in his pocket. Waiting a few moments, he picked the note out and read it. 'Harry, I need to speak to you about Horcruxes’. It is important. I know who he needs to speak to. Harry read to himself as he walked away.


Hermione was standing just outside the tent entrance. Harry ushered her off to the side, and asked if she would go and speak to Slughorn about Horcruxes for him, giving her the library pass. “No problem Harry, I'll do it now,” said Hermione.


Harry watched Hermione begin her conversation with Professor Slughorn. He could not help but think how far they had come since last year. They were really becoming adults. Everyone was seated at the head table with Bill, Fleur, and their parents. Arthur raised his glass first to thank everyone and made a toast to the bride and groom. After that several toasts were made, until a large amount of wine had been consumed.


Ginny took Harry’s arm and whispered in his ear, “Maybe that will be us someday, Harry.” He could not help but smile. In his heart there was an ache, thinking that nothing that wonderful would ever happen to Harry Potter.


There was one thing Harry was sure of. No matter what happened at the Weasley house there was always fun and enjoyment. It was a very Weasley wedding. There was a good time to be had by all.


When everyone was well fed and had had plenty to drink, Harry and Ginny went for a quick walk.


“Harry hasn’t this been the most wonderful day?” asked Ginny. “I wish so much you weren’t leaving, but it’s something you have to do. Promise me that if you need me, you will contact me?” pleaded Ginny.


“I will,” said Harry giving her a kiss on the cheek. He hated to lie to her but it would be better that way.


The next morning, as promised, Harry arrived at the Ministry right at 10:00. There were a number of pictures taken. Fred had prepared a short statement for him to read. When the press had left, Harry said that he would be back as soon as he could. The headline on the Daily Prophet read, Harry Potter Ready to Help Ministry, which Harry thought was nice and normal. He then headed to the Burrow.


Tomorrow, they would be on their way.