Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Always and Forever by jamesnlilyforever

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Disclaimer: None of the characters, except Julie, Arielle, and Nicole, are owned by me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


As Lily sat in her room looking down at her brand new head’s badge, she couldn’t help but feel as if she really did deserve it. Lily Evans was the kind of girl that would be studying for a test while most people would be in the common rooms, wasting time; one of those girls that would do anything for her friends and family. She was, overall, the type of girl that everyone would want to be friends with. Not only was she beautiful, she was also smart and talented. Once again, Lily looked down at the smooth parchment that lay in her hand. She pushed back her long auburn hair and her bright green eyes scanned the contents of the letter.


‘The only setback to becoming the head girl is that James Potter is the head boy,’Lily thought. Lily loathed James and his fellow Marauders. She felt as though they took nothing seriously. Looking back at the past six years that she had spent at Hogwarts, she thought about how much she really hated him. James was the type of guy that, as he frequently stated, ‘girls couldn’t get enough of’. Much to Lily’s annoyance, he never studied yet got top marks in everything. In the words of Lily, he was an arrogant prat who needed to learn how to shrink his head. Ironically, James loved Lily almost as much as she hated him, maybe even more. She remembered the first time she had met him.

~~~~~~~Flashback~~~~~~~
11-year-old Lily Evans walked uncertainly around the train station with her parents guiding her along.


“Excuse me,” Samantha Evans and her husband, Jake Evans, politely called the conductor.


“Yes?” he asked looking oddly at Lily’s owl.


“Could you please tell me where to find platform 9 3/4?” she asked the man. The Evans has been searching up and down the train platforms and couldn’t find out where exactly the train for Hogwarts would be arriving.


The train conductor angrily rolled his eyes and said, “There is no platform 9 3/4!”


Sadly, Lily pushed her cart the opposite way and turned to leave. Petunia, Lily’s older sister, stood behind her smirking as she was thinking of new ways to make Lily feel worse.


Just as they were about to leave, Lily bumped into a boy who looked about her age.


“Hurry up now! If you had left when I told you to, we wouldn’t have been so late! The Hogwarts Express is not just going to wait for you,” Lisa Potter, scolded while pushing him to go faster.


“How could it not? I am, after all, going to be the most handsome boy there!” the boy declared.


‘Did that woman say Hogwarts?!’ Lily thought excitedly, ‘Maybe Hogwarts really exists!’


“Excuse me, but did you just say Hogwarts?” Lily asked, “I need to know how to get onto the platform. The train conductor told me that there isn’t any platform 9 3/4.”


“Oh, I can help you with that. It’s James’s first year too,” she said. Lily looked at the boy she pointed to and she saw, to her embarrassment, that he had been staring at her. She and James walked side by side until they reached the barrier between platforms nine and ten.


“All you have to do is walk straight through the brick wall,” Lisa said. Lily, coming from a muggle family, had never experienced magic. And now she was suddenly being told to walk through a brick wall by a lady she had never met before who had a son that looked like he didn’t know how to speak. She was about to turn back when she saw the proud look on her parents’ faces. Soon, the two had passed through the barrier and were on the train, looking for a compartment.


Lily had never been too good at starting conversations so she was hoping James would say something. But instead, he kept quiet and occasionally stole glances at her. Even though she didn’t know it yet, James had already started liking her and hadn’t wanted to say anything for fear that she would go away. Just as Lily was about to say something, they found an empty compartment. Soon, another boy strolled silently into the compartment.


“Hi, I’m Sirius Black,” he said loudly into James’s ear.


Seeing the shocked look on James’s face, he laughed and said, “Scared you didn’t I?” After a couple of minutes, the three had starting laughing and joking around.


But then, as he usually did, James got ready for a prank. Thinking Lily would know that it was just a joke, he turned all of the chocolate frogs in the sweets trolley into ones that hopped onto her and got stuck there. They hopped all over Lily causing her to scream and push them all off.


Lily was furious. She was about to storm away when he made all the frogs go back into their boxes and back onto the sweets trolley.


“I-I’m sorry, I didn’t intend for that to-to happen,” James stammered.


“Next time, try to think before you act!” she yelled at him. She walked away, thinking that she would never be friends with James ever again. James left standing there, next to a howling Sirius, wishing that he never made that happen as he would think many times after his first encounter with Lily…


~~~~~~~ Flashback~~~~~~~


Lily was suddenly awakened from her thoughts as her large brown owl, Alicia, hooted.


‘That’s right; I still have to owl Arielle about becoming head girl!’Lily suddenly remembered.


Taking a blank parchment paper, Lily dipped her quill in ink and began describing the letter that she had received.


Arielle Collins was Lily’s best friend and the person she trusted most in the world. Arielle was like and different than Lily in many ways. For example, Arielle and Lily loved reading, hated ditzy girls, and were both great at charms. But unlike Lily, Arielle had shoulder-length brown hair and hazel eyes. And their biggest difference was that while Lily thought the Marauders were a waste of skin, Arielle found them hilarious. Ever since she had found out that James like Lily, she always tried to convince her to give him a chance.


Lily sighed contently at the thought of seeing her friends and going back to Hogwarts and got up to place her finished letter onto the leg of Alicia. The owl took the letter and flew out of the open window into orange and pink sky of the morning.

~~~~~~~~~~~


Sirius Black flew up to the Potter Mansion, knocked on the door, and was let in by Harold, Mr. Potter, who saw Sirius running up the steps into James’s room.


By the first time James had met Sirius, aka Padfoot, he had known that he was going to become good friends with him. It was the day that Sirius had suddenly appeared in front of James and Lily in the Hogwarts Express. From then on, James and Sirius were like brothers.


Before he even had a chance to knock on the hard oak wood door, James opened the door and let his best friend in.


“What was the big news you were telling me to come here for, Prongs?” Sirius asked, lazily. He had gotten an owl from James telling him to get to his house right away for something big. Knowing James as well as he knew himself, Sirius knew that it was either going to be about Lily or quidditch. He sat down on his large bed covered with light blue sheets. Just as James was about to answer his question, Remus Lupin and Peter Pettigrew, the other two Marauders, came walking into the room.


“What did you call us here for James?” Remus asked.


“I’m head boy!” he yelled, happily.


“Gee, Prongs, I’m really happy for you and all, but did you really have to interrupt my breakfast for that?” Sirius asked unhappily as his stomach growled.


“Sirius,” Remus scolded giving him a stern look. He turned to James and said, “Congratulations.”


“And with that said, I’m going to go downstairs and have some of the breakfast Mrs. Potter made,” Sirius said ready to walk out the door.


“Wait there’s more!” James said, practically bursting with excitement.


“What could possibly be more important than my hunger?” Sirius asked annoyed.


“Lily made head girl! This means I might have a chance with her!” James cried. Silently, the other three Marauders exchanged glances.


“Um, Prongs,” Peter said nervously, “Just because Lily is head girl, doesn’t mean she is going to like you.” James sat on his bed and rolled his eyes at his friends.


“Maybe you guys forgot. I’m James Potter. I can get any girl in school. All I have to do is get Lily to get to know me. Then, she won’t be able to get enough Potter.” James replied cockily. Although James looked confident on the outside, he wasn’t so sure of what was going to happen. All he knew was that it was definitely going to be a long year.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N. Please tell me if you liked it, hated it, or anything else.