Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Always and Forever by jamesnlilyforever

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +



Lily was depressed. Not only had James not even glanced her way in the past few days, he would leave whenever he saw her coming. In addition to her James related stress, she also had three tests the next day and a pile of unfinished homework sitting in front of her. At the moment, Lily hated her life.


Miserably, Lily continued her tedious work in silence for a few minutes until, once again, she was disrupted.


“Too much homework!” Arielle complained as she finished her Divination essay and saw that she still had to do Transfiguration, Charms, and Potions.


“I’m going to take a break,” Nicole said, as she massaged her hand.


“You do that,” Lily said as she tried to do five classes of homework all at once.


“What is your rush?” Arielle asked, “It’s only 6:49, you know.”


“Yes, I know that, but I have to go patrolling today at 8:00!” Lily said as she flipped the page of her book, scribbled something on some parchment, and turned her extra quill into a goblet of water.


“I bet you that James is going to be late anyway!” Nicole said laughing.


When all they received was a cold glare in response, her friends stuffed everything into their backpacks and went up to their room to do their work.


~~~~~~~


After a while, Lily was still downstairs rushing to finish her homework. She knew that when she got back from patrolling, she would probably be too tired to do anything but sleep.


“So in conclusion…” Lily muttered as she started writing the ending of her paper. Without any warning, her watch started beeping repeatedly. She looked down and saw angrily that it was ten minutes to eight.


“Great,” she muttered. Picking up her almost finished essays, Lily neatly laid them into their binders.


“Get.. in!” Lily said struggling to cram everything into her backpack.


“URG!” she screamed out in frustration as the bottom of her dark blue backpack ripped through, causing all of the items she had so carefully placed, to fall down. Throwing her now useless bag onto the couch, she bent down and gathered everything into her arms.


She placed it onto the table with an impatient slam and was about to fix her backpack when she saw that her wand was not anywhere in clear sight.


“No!” Lily moaned. She tore the area she had been sitting in upside down, all to no avail. While she had been writing her essays, she hadn’t realized that she had accidentally kicked her wand underneath of the large chair next to her.


Her watch, once again, loudly beeped and she looked down to see that it was now 8:00.


“No, no, no!” Lily muttered, “I can’t go yet!”


~~~~~~~


“Anything else, sirs?” a timid house elf named Ella called up to the four boys.


“Nope,” replied James, Remus, and Sirius.


“I will!” Peter said.


“Don’t you think you have enough food, Peter?” Remus asked, eyeing his cartful of food that varied from waffles to non-melting ice cream.


“There is nothing wrong with a little extra food!” Peter huffed.


“Not like you need it,” Sirius laughing at the pudginess of his stout friend. Then James’s watch started beeping at a rapid speed. 7:50, it read.


“Well, I’m off,” James said, quickly finishing the cauldron cake that he had been eating.


“Wow Prongs, I never thought I’d see the day when you were time conscious!” Remus said as he saw James make his way to the exit of the kitchens.


“Yup, don’t want to be late for the queen of mood swings,” James replied.


“Why don’t you just admit that you still like her, Prongs? It’s not like we’re going to judge you or something!” Sirius called from across the vast room.


“I am over her! I have um. You know. I have uh,” James said.


“Julie Edmonds,” Remus finished for him.


“Yeah, I have Julie!” James said trying to sound pleased about it, “At least now I will know the latest gossip,” his last sentence phrased more as a question than a statement.


~~~~~~~


When he had arrived, he looked down at his watch and happily noted that it was five minutes until 8:00.


James looked around and, to his immense pleasure, saw that Lily wasn’t there. For ten minutes, he stood there in front of the head’s room, waiting for Lily to arrive.


‘So this is what it is like when I don’t show up on time…’ James though angrily.


Finally, after fifteen minutes of waiting, a ruffled Lily came running down the corridor.


“Now doesn’t this seem familiar,” James said, referring to what had happened the previous patrolling day.


Lily laughed awkwardly and averted her eyes as they started their patrolling duties.


“So,” Lily started as a weak attempt at a conversation.


“Not that again!” James joked. Even though the two were trying to lighten up the mood, there was still a huge strain on it due to the fact that the last time they went patrolling didn’t go too well.


“Well Hogsmede is sure going to be fun, right?” James asked as to find out if Lily had asked any one yet.


“If you are going that is,” Lily muttered as quietly as she could.


“What was that?” James asked.


“You heard me perfectly well!” Lily snapped.


James looked afraid for a second, just a second, then regained his cool, “Why aren’t you going?”


Lily glared at the floor and said, “Didn’t ask anybody.”


“But surely somebody must have asked you!” James said, clearly stunned at the fact that nobody had wanted to go with her.


“Plenty of people asked me, Potter!”


“So, we are back to my initial question? Why the no go? I’ve heard this is going to be one of the best trips of this year.”


“Because,” Lily said.


“Because why?” James countered.


“Because I don’t feel like it!” Lily yelled.


“Okay, okay!” James said, lifting his arms in defeat. After a few moments of silence, James started to talk again.


“Julie said that--,” James was about to talk.


“I < b> don’t to hear want about Julie!” Lily said. Her voice squeaked slightly as she said her name.


“Alright,” Pause. “Well, you know that The Three Broomsticks is going to give out free--,”


“Can we talk about something else?” Lily quickly cut in.


“Okay. Isn’t in nice how Remus and Nicole are going to go aswell,” James was, yet again, cut off by an angry Lily. She growled sounding much like a dog which shut James up. But not for long.


“My bet is that the first thing that Frank is going to do at Hogsmede is find a place to--.”


Potter ” Lily yelled. As soon as she caught his full attention, she continued almost desperately, “Isn’t there anything else we can talk about?” After a much lengthier pause than before, James continued.


“Sirius and I are going to Zonko’s the first--,” James would have finished with ‘the first chance we get’ but he was immediately shut up by Lily smacking James on the face.


“OW!!” he yelled out in pain, “What the bloody hell was that for?” Gingerly, he rubbed his cheek that had now turned red.


“For not shutting up when I wanted you too!” Lily yelled.


“You just can’t accept the fact that people can have fun without you!” James screamed.


“No, I just can’t figure out why you act like such a damn prick!”


“Maybe it’s because I have to talk to dumb bastard like you!”


“Shut up!”


“Don’t tell me what to do!”


“I said shut up ! Before I get really mad!”


“The way you act, no one would be able to tell the difference,” without so much as an ounce of guilt showing in his face.


“This is why I hate you! Me and everybody else!”


“Oh really, well I don’t see a line of people behind you just waiting for their turn to smack me!”


“Why do you always have to turn everything I say into something negative?” Lily screamed.


“Me?!” James yelled in a complete blur of fury, “You are the one who socked me for trying to be nice!”


“What the hell do you mean by ‘trying to be nice’? You were deliberately making fun of me for not having a date!”


“Was not!”


“Were too!”


“Was not!”


“Were too!”


“See, just being in your presence makes me more dumb! You have me yelling like some kind of stupid two-year-old who doesn’t know how to properly argue!”


“You may not look two, but you certainly act like it! And if you are so smart you would know that the correct grammar is ‘dumber’,”


“WHAT? I specifically remember you starting off with ‘So…’ And who the hell cares about grammar?”


“What does starting a conversation have anything to do with this? And at least I wasn’t the one who started talking about how the dumb Hogsmede trip was going to be so damn fun!”


“WELL, LET ME TELL YOU SOMETHING LILY EVANS!” James was just about ready to tell, more like yell, to Lily what he was going to say, when, once again, she slapped him on his cheek.


“WHAT THE…” James started. Lily put a finger to her lips and yanked on James’s arm.


“What in Merlin’s name are you doing?” James whispered as she yanked him over to a random classroom. The lights in the room had all been dimmed and there was an ominous feeling coming from around it. To James, it seemed like a horror movie that he had been forced to see during his muggle studies class last year. Half expecting a gunman to jump out of the room, he struggled to listen to what Lily was trying to say.


“If you would shut up, you would know!” her eyes wide as she pressed her ear against the door.


“What...” James started. Lily once again attempted to quiet down James. She turned his head and pressed his ear against the door.

Finally, James caught on to what Lily was doing. For a second, he didn’t hear anything. Then, the voices started. They were slightly muffled as if there was a poor spell trying to keep unwanted listeners away. What he did eventually hear though, startled him as much as it confused him.


“No! I won’t do it!” came a high voice.


“You must!” a lower, and angrier voice yelled. It seemed to be coming from someone was struggling to keep themselves under control.


“Lower your voice! We don’t want anyone to hear us!” the high voice came again.


“I repeat: you must !”


“Really? Give me one good reason why I should listen to you!”


“Because if you don’t the Dark Lord--,” the deep voice said. He never did finish what he was going to say though because suddenly, the doorknob started turning.


Instinctively, both Lily and James raised their wands. Suddenly, James retrieved his invisibility cloak from inside his robes. Just as the door opened, James threw the cover over Lily and himself and quietly told Lily how to leave.


Without realizing it, Lily let out a rather loud gasp which caused the two figures that emerged from the room to glance in the direction of the sound. Even though they were almost out of the hallway, Lily and James could still faintly hear what was being said and who it was being said by.


“I told you it wasn’t save, Severus!” the girl scolded. The voice had come from a girl that Lily knew, detested, and shared a room with. The girl was Julie Edmonds.




A/N:
Okay, so here is chapter five. Sorry it took forever. I was struggling to develop the plot more without actually giving away some of the things that are going to happen. Sorry if this was incredibly confusing. It will get easier and easier to follow as the story progresses. This will be pretty short story so this is nearing the middle of it...
Please leave a review.