Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Walk Away by Alexarama

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
-=Disclaimer=- I don’t own anything you recognize from Harry Potter; the plot is the only thing I own. Lyrics are Walk Away by Franz Ferdinand

A’n: I’m not much of a song fic writer or reader but I absolutely love this song and had an idea of a fic when I listened to it, so if its bad, it’s due to lack of experience. Hope you enjoy!

Special Authors Note: I live in Australia, and every year since before I was born, they have the "Triple J Hottest 100 countdown". Triple J is a radio station played all around Australia and on Australia Day every year they announce the hottsest 100 songs of the previous year. And guess what.....
WALK AWAY GOT IN THE HOTTEST 100!!! It's a really great song! So, yeah.. That proves how good a song it is..... Well, yeah, just thought I'd let you know... ;)

Walk Away


Winter had just begun, but already snow was falling across the Hogwarts grounds. All the trees looked dead as their leafless branches were covered in white. The moon was shining and a couple were walking by the already frozen over lake.


The boy was walking with his hands in his pockets looking down at the ground. The icy wind whipped the girl’s hair violently around her face. She was looking across the lake to the Forbidden Forest.


Neither wanted to talk, but they knew they had to. They knew they couldn’t live like this forever. The school year had only just begun but already problems in their relationship had arisen.


They knew this walk would have to eventually end but they still walked on.


He slowly looked up at her. She looked beautiful as the wind blew through her hair. Her pale, porcelain-like skin was turning pink in the cold. She looked just like a doll.


He looked down again. He didn’t want to fall for her all over again, he had to tell her. He couldn’t keep on walking forever, not facing the problem that was eating away at the both of them.


He noticed a silver pendant on her neck that he had never seen before. He wouldn’t be surprised if she had found out what happened with him and the other girl and gone and done the same. She did make rash decisions like that when she was angry.



-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-


Her cheeks were bright pink from the cold. Her hair was all knotty because of the wind and her eyes were stinging. Not because of the cold, but because of what she’d done. She had done the one thing that would break him, when he found out, if she told him.


She stopped looking over to the forest and glanced at him. He wasn’t looking at her; he was still facing the ground. He looked so calm walking by her side, with his hands in his pockets. She didn’t want to tell him, not after how good he had been to her.


Bad things had happened to them already, but they were still strong after them, but now, they both knew that it had to end.
She turned away and looked at the ice. She couldn’t hold back the tears any longer so she let them fall. One after one, tears fell and dropped to the ground, she didn’t make any sounds, and she just stood still.


-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-


Her cheeks were wet and most likely salty as tears slowly fell. She looked at him and he turned away. He couldn’t look at her right now. She looked so scared and upset already. What he had to tell her would add disappointed and angry to her list of feelings, and he didn’t want to be responsible for her feelings.


She grabbed his face and turned him so he was looking directly in her eyes.


“I can’t,” she wept.


He looked at her questioningly. He didn’t think he wanted to know what she couldn’t do, but he kept listening.


“I can’t do this anymore. I can’t pretend nothing's wrong, when we both know that we’re lying about our feelings toward each other.” She sobbed, “Can you honestly remember saying 'I love you' and meaning it?”


He looked at her, as if he was offended. Of course he loved. He loved her too much to tell her. Or did he? If he really loved her, telling her would have been the first thing he would’ve done.


He stared at her, unable to answer.


“I didn’t think so,” she whispered.


She had stopped crying now, but the look on her face so was heart wrenching he couldn’t look at her anymore. He looked at the ground instead. How could they have pretended or have been fooled into thinking they loved one another?


It started to rain. The castle looked so far away now, but they had to walk back, knowing that as soon as they entered the Great Hall for dinner, they would probably never talk to one another again.


They walked back in silence. When they were about 100 yards away from they entrance to Hogwarts, he stopped.


“I’m sorry,” he said. ”I should’ve told you earlier, but better late than never. She was a mistake.”


“I already know, but what does it matter now? Honestly? I think it would be better if you just walked away without me,” she stuttered.
He looked at her blankly. She couldn’t honestly be serious. He looked at her, not moving. Why should he?


“Why don’t you walk away?” she asked. Her eyes were glazing over.


“Why don’t you walk away?” she repeated.


He looked at her. He couldn’t let her go. Not just like that. Maybe he did love her? Maybe he was just too chicken to tell her? Maybe she loved him? Who was he kidding? She couldn’t possibly love him.


I swapped my innocence for pride
Crushed the end within my stride
Said 'I'm strong now I know that I'm a leaver"
I love the sound of you walking away
Mascara bleeds a blackened tear
And I am cold
Yes I'm cold
But not as cold as you are
I love the sound of you walking away

Why don't you walk away?
No buildings will fall down
Why don't you walk away?
No quake will split the ground
Why don't you walk away?
The sun won't swallow the sky
Why don't you walk away?
Statues will not cry

I cannot turn to see those eyes
As apologies may rise
I must be strong and stay an unbeliever
And love the sound of you walking away
Mascara bleeds into my eye
I'm not cold
I am old
At least as old as you are
As you walk away

And as you walk away
My headstone crumbles down
As you walk away
The Hollywood wind's a howl
As you walk away
The Kremlin's falling
As you walk away
Radio 4 is static
As you walk away

The stab of stiletto
On a silent night
Stalin smiles
Hitler laughs
Churchill claps
Mao Tse-Tung
On the back



“No,” he said bluntly.


“Fine then, I will.” She looked cold and emotionless now.


She turned and headed towards Hogwarts without so much as glancing back.


“I still love you,” he said, as a single tear fell down his cheek and dropped to the ground with a plop.


A’n: Who was it? I’m going to leave that up to your imagination. I hope you like it. I love that song J.