Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Selena Anarya by Miss

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
You know it, I don't own it.


Chapter 4: The Letter.





Malfoy Manor
1st June 1998


Dearest Draco,


When you find this letter, it will mean I am no longer in this world. I expect it will not be much longer anymore, your father has made that much clear to me. I guess I have accepted that he sees me as one of his many possessions. He always has treated me that way, ever since we met at Hogwarts, and who knows, being betrothed to him since before I can remember, may have made me think that way as well. It is the truth now; now I do belong to him. But there is, and always will be, a part that belongs to me too, a part that Lucius will never be able to destroy. A part you deserve to know about.

Oh Draco, my dear son, there is so much I would love to tell you about me. I want to tell you about all the beautiful and sad things that occurred in my life. There is also so much I want to show you, explain to you. But most of all, I wish I could have told you how much I love you, my son, how I loved everything about you even before you were born. How I loved my life more because you were there, but most of all I want you to find it for yourself.

I guess I will never be able to tell you, because you are another one of your father’s prized possessions. One that he favoured over me, one he did not let me get close to. I am happy he is proud of you because it spares you much pain.

I know these words might make you angry, because it hasn’t been easy for you to be your father’s son either. Maybe you feel I should have fought harder for you, for your love, to keep you from your father’s hatred. I feel like I no longer deserve to say that I love you after the life we have hardly shared. Maybe that is true, but I do love you, I just chose another. I am not writing this to tell you about my life; because there is another that you need to know about. It started long ago, even before you were born, but nothing really happened until four years ago.

I am sure you can remember our summer four years ago. The summer you came home, only to find me on the kitchen floor. I was unconscious when you found me, probably dying if it had not been for you. Because of you, I survived; but my heart broke when I found out that it had been you who brought me to St. Mungo’s, you that had saved my life. As you know, it had been one of your father’s attempts to show me who was in charge, one of the first attempts to get rid of me forever. For me, however, this attempt, and the painful knowledge that you were the one who had found and saved me, was the reason to leave.

I did it, Draco, I left.

My hope was that your father would not punish you for what you had done, if I was not around to remind him of what he had tried, and failed, to do to me. I knew he would be angry, so angry for his son to save someone he no longer deemed worthy of living. So after my release from St. Mungo’s, I left; for three weeks, I escaped to Paris. The Black family has a luxurious apartment on Ile Saint-Louis in the middle of the river Seine. I went there knowing no other Black, or Malfoy for that matter, could find me.

After my arrival I called upon an old friend to help me recover. Those three weeks were glorious, perfect for the recovery I needed. We rekindled our old friendship and became more. But I did more than just recover thanks to him, I became pregnant as well. I knew I could not let anyone know, and I never did. I especially could not tell your father, for he would have killed me and the child I was carrying. I never told my friend either; he is a proud man and he would have claimed his child, which would have brought death upon the child and him as well.

But now I am gone and I am reaching out to the only person I can trust my secret to. You Draco, my son, I am reaching out to you because your sister needs your help.

Selena Anarya. Born on 19th April 1995.

She is the most beautiful little girl that I have ever seen. At three years of age, she is full of laughter, joy and love; she is the most perfect combination of her father and me. I have hidden her in the Black apartment, under the care of a house-elf named Lydia, and protected her from the magical world, raised the way I would have raised you, were your father any other man.

However, your father is not the only reason I have kept this secret, you see, I no longer care for my own life, just for that of my two children. I do not know why or how, but from the moment she was born I knew, just like I knew with you, that she would be extremely powerful. Also with her being a Pureblood, I knew there would be those looking for her, for her powers to join them. Of course, you know who I am talking about.

So I kept her safe, kept her hidden. But now I am gone and she is in danger and I will not let anybody do to her what your father did to you. You both deserve better.

You might be wondering, Draco, why I am telling you all this, since you are on the Dark Side already. Yes, I know of your love for the Dark Side, my son. I have seen the respect you hold for your father and his Dark Lord. I know that as soon as you are free from Hogwarts, you plan on taking the Dark Mark. In life I am not able to keep you from doing this, I do not even know if I can keep you from it in death. I just wish for you to live your own life even with this task I am giving you, not the life your father has planned for you.

Please remember, you are not just the son of Lucius Malfoy, but also my son, the son of Narcissa Black. That is the reason I trust you with this task. I believe there is not just a part of Lucius in you, but a part of me as well, a part that can love. That is the part of Draco that I am seeking for now, the part that can love his sister and protect her.

I have never asked anything of you, but I am asking you this. Please find her in Paris and find a new home for her. My daughter, your sister. Keep her with you so she may be safe from the Dark Side. Bring her up in the world of magic, our world. Teach her how to love and she will love you, her brother.

Selena knows she will be losing me soon; she is quite bright for her age, so she also made one request. If you find her, you need to introduce her to her father.

I know it will be asking a lot from you, but you will find help in unlikely places. Be her brother, Draco, and help will find you.

This is all I am asking of you. Promise me you will help her and you will find her. You will know who her father is when you see her. She will tell you everything you need to know about her, she will tell you her full name and she will know you. Draco, her brother, whom she knows she can trust.


Find her, love her.

Love, with all my heart.

Your mother,

Narcissa Black Malfoy




AN: I don't know what it is like to be a mom, but I became an aunt for the first time last november. Jolien, my new niece, is the most perfect little girl, and I dedicate this little piece to her. Apologies for the shortness of it.

Hells, you are awesome. The first to read this for me and my greatest supporter.