Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Oh the Insanity - The Thoughts of Hermione Granger by Hermiones_Revenge

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N #1: The continuation of “The Secret thoughts of Hermione Granger” (but it will probably still make sense if you haven’t read it)

A/N #2: Obviously, I do not own any of the Harry Potter characters, as I am not JKR but a humble fan fic writer putting off doing her homework

A/N #3: These stories aren't really my favorites...I think they get too cutesy and fluffy sometimes...but there are some things I like about them! Please do not read these and picture me as a cutesy fluffy person...

***An excerpt from Hermione’s journal

Friday, Herbology, 1:45

REASONS WHY I AM HAPPY RIGHT NOW

1.) I am now, officially, Ron’s girlfriend

2.) I got my test back and only got one question wrong! I thought I did terribly!

3.) I am Ron’s girlfriend

4.) There’s a party in the Common Room tonight, for no particular reason

5.) I’m Ron’s girlfriend

6.) I’M RON’S GIRLFRIEND! HORRAY FOR ME!

7.) I didn’t get too much homework this weekend

Ok, I need to calm down, I don’t want to freak Ron out or anything. It is a bit annoying though; every five minutes someone different comes up to me and says, “Ohmigosh, are you and Ron going out?” and I have to reply, “yes.” Honestly, the next time someone asks me that I’m going to tell them, “Actually, we’re engaged. We’re running off next week to elope.”

I was kind of worried that after Ron and I started going out, things would start getting weird between us. However, I turned out to be wrong. Things are exactly the same between us “ we still joke, laugh, talk and all that “ except we’re now more…cuddly. I love it when things work out.

Wow, I have no idea what Professor Sprout’s talking about…wait…ok, she’s going over the test. (Sigh of relief) I thought I missed something important.

I really should start paying attention…

4:56

I don’t know what to wear to the random, just-for-the-heck-of-it common room party tonight! I asked Lavender (I don’t know why I chose her, she was the only person around at the time) and she just replied, “I didn’t think you would care.” Err…I need to go find Ginny, maybe she’ll help me…

5:08

OUTFIT IDEAS

1.) Jeans and red sweater

PROS: looks good, but doesn’t look like I spent forever thinking about it
CONS: I might get hot, and then would start sweating, and then might smell bad, and then would scare Ron away

2.) Dark jeans and hot pink v-neck shirt, with a tank top layered underneath (because the shirt’s a little too low cut for my taste)

PROS: I’ll look good, and won’t get too hot or too cold
CONS: The pants don’t like to stay up, so I’d have to wear a belt, but I just leant Ginny the only belt that would match with the shirt

3.) Denim skirt and Black turtleneck

PROS: It’s a cute outfit and I really like it
CONS: I’ll have to wear shorts underneath the skirt, and then I’ll have to worry about making sure they don’t show, so I might be distracted all night

4.) Pink pants and Black shirt

PROS: Those pants are SO comfortable!
CONS: The pants are kind-of light, so I’ll probably sit in something dark

I think too much. I need to stop thinking. Thinking is the enemy…

5:40

Ok, I’ve decided on number two on my list.

5:45

Or maybe number three…

5:50

No, definitely number two.

6:56

I just thought of something. This will be my first party as Ron’s official girlfriend. This, obviously, is not a bad thing (it’s like…the best thing that’s ever happened to me), but I don’t want people…commenting on us. You know, people saying things like, “I can’t believe you’re going out!” or “You two are a really random couple” or…I don’t even know what I’m talking about anymore. I need to finish doing my hair.

7:04

My hair is eating my head! I don’t know what to do! It’s turned into a giant frizz ball and is doing very odd things; one side is straight as a stick, but the other side is waving in odd ways. HOW DID THIS HAPPEN?

7:15

Ok, I think I fixed it…

11:36

Ok, the party’s over. For the most part it was good, except for one minor incident…

For most of the party, I had a lot of fun. There was a ton of food that someone stole from the kitchen, which was especially good for me because of the fact that I’m hungry all the time. I could eat whenever I was hungry, and therefore didn’t have to complain to people! Everyone benefited from this.

Also, surprisingly enough, Ron agreed to dance with me. I will admit he was pretty…err…bad, but it didn’t matter. Almost everyone else was dancing as well, so not many people noticed his lack of skill. AND might I add, my pants did not fall down.

There was one point in time when Neville got a little…crazy. He stood on top of an armchair and began to scream the words "FINLAND! FREE THE GOATS!" Then he started to do some bizarre little jig, which caused him to fall onto one of the refreshment tables. To make things even more hilarious, when he hit the table he sent a plate of cookies flying, one of which hit Harry in the head. I went into a laughing fit.

All right, now for the “minor incident” I previously mentioned. A little before the party was over, I spotted Parvati, Lavender, and a bunch of other girls gathered in a corner looking incredibly suspicious. At first I was about to walk away, until I noticed on of them turn and look DIRECTLY AT ME, nod, and turn back around. They were obviously talking about me.

Now, I’m not one to care about what other people think, but I was really curious. As inconspicuously as possibly, I walked over to them and stood right on the outside of their little huddle. I pretended to tie my shoe.

I didn’t catch the whole conversation, but I did hear these fragments:

“…wouldn’t it be funny…”

“…you two should be together…”

“…little prank…”

“…carefully brewed potion…”

This can’t be good.

THINGS I NEED TO DO

1.) Find out if Parvati is plotting against me (she’s really mad about the whole Ron thing; apparently I “embarrassed her” by going out with Ron after he turned her down)

2.) Do the little bit of homework I have

3.) Ron and I are going out on our next Hogsmeade trip “ figure out where we’re going to go and what we’re going to do!

4.) There is a frightening blob of STUFF growing under my bed. Kill it before it kills me

5.) Get belt back from Ginny

6.) Stop thinking so much

To be continued…

A/N: If you haven't read "The Secret Thoughts of Hermione Granger", my other fic, I'd highly reccomend it (Well duh...it is my story) ALso I have another fic up; "Hogwarts Overturned" Please Read!