Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Oh the Insanity - The Thoughts of Hermione Granger by Hermiones_Revenge

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
**Sunday, Breakfast

Ugh. Harry is acting...I don't even know of a word to describe how Harry is acting, though "stupid" comes pretty close. It's like Parvati's hypnotized him or something. Whatever she says, he believes, which means he hasn't been too friendly with me.

A conversation three minutes ago:

"Harry, can you pass the water?"

"Pass it to yourself!"

I was going to snap at him, but I didn't. I'm assuming that his darling Parvati has told him a million horrible things about me and he believed her. Who knows what she's said...quite frankly, I don't care. Harry can be a little slow at times, but he's no idiot. Eventually he'll realize Parvait's a lying, conniving, evil little demon child. Hopefully.

On the bright side, this has given Ron and me plenty of opportunities to get some "alone time."

***3:00

All right something's definitely wrong. A little while ago Ron and I went down to visit Hagrid and quite honestly, he didn't seem to happy to see us. All right, that's not completely true, he didn't seem too happy to see me. He kept looking at me like I was completely disgusting.

Our conversation went as follows:

Ron: 'Ello Hagrid! What're you up to today?

Hagrid: *gives me a suspicious glare* Not much. Preparin' for t'morrow's lesson.

Me: *pretending to ignore suspicious glare* Oh, what will we be doing tomorrow?

Hagrid: *still suspiciously glaring* Reviewin' fer the test comin' up.

Me: *still pretending to ignore suspicious glare* Oh...that sounds good.

Ron: *very much aware of said suspicious glare* Hagrid, is something wrong? You seem angry or upset or something?

Hagrid: Nah.

*twenty-seven goose/cat hybrids begin squawking outside. I rush to the window*

Me: What ARE they?

Hagrid: Doesn' matter. 'Ermione, can you go out there and chase 'em away? They're givin' me a headache.

Me: Um...sure.

At this point in time I went outside and found myself surrounded by the strangest looking creatures I'd seen in a while. They were half goose, half cat, and were making the most IRRITATING noises. The worst part was that they wouldn't scare easliy, so it took me a while to chase them all away. Now that I think of it...I must've looked pretty ridiculous. Eh, oh well. I've done weirder things. Anyway, after I was done, I went back inside Hagrid's hut.

Hagrid: *resuming suspicious glare* Didya chase 'em all away?

Me: *resuming ingorance of suspicious glare* Yes.

Hagrid: All right then.

*An awkward pause followed. I looked to Ron*

Ron: *uncertainly* C'mon Hermione, let's go.

Me: Sure.

Ever since then, Ron's been acting funny around me. I'm not quite sure exactly what's wrong with him, but it seems like he thinks I've done something...horrible. Now that I think of it, I think Hagrid might've said something to him about me. But WHAT would Hagrid have to say about me that's bad? Hagrid's my friend...and besides, I haven't done anything wrong recently.

Intriguing...

***Dinner

Something is definitely wrong. Harry and Ron have just left the table to "talk privately." And Parvati is grinning triumphantly. These are not good signs. I think it's time for a completely irrelevant list, to clear my mind of these ominous occurances. Haa...ominous occurances...that's a nice little bit of alliteration right there...all right, I'm writing the list.

**THINGS THAT ANNOY ME**

1.) The really, really, painfully ugly curtains in some of the classrooms.

2.) Loosing my train of thought

3.) Being hungry when I can't get something to eat, during class for example

4.) Being tired but not being able to fall asleep

5.) When I have a song stuck in my head

6.) When I have a song I don't like stuck in my head

7.) When I copy down my homework wrong and consequently do it wrong

8.) When I study the wrong information for a test

9.) When I know people are talking about me but I don't know why

10.) When people whisper things about me RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME, laugh, and then refuse to tell me what was said (A/N: If you're reading this, evil demon child and/or his new cronies, TAKE NOTE!)

11.) Writer's block

12.) Half-cat-half-goose animals that make really irritating noises

13.) The fact that on some days, I can see my breath in Potions class (A/N: this actually happened to me once)

14.) When I run out of ink for my quills

15.) When Ron steals my quills

16.) When Ron steals my quills and tosses them out a second floor window (A/N: and this happened to me too)

17.) When I'm walking to class, or to lunch, or wherever and a random suit of armor starts to sing to me

18.) Peeves

19.) When I really want something to read but don't have a good book

20.) When I need to look something up in the library but can't find any books that are relevant

21.) Chapped lips

22.) When my mouth gets dry

23.) When bad things happen and I am forced to write irrelevant lists (or fan fictions) in order to get my mind off of it

24.) When random llamas -

***6:12

Sorry that last list ended a little abruptly, but something happened. I'll explain.

Everything was normal when all of a sudden, the great hall fell silent and the sound of voices yelling could be heard from outside. Naturally, as this entire school is incredibly nosy, everyone rushed to see what was happening. I originally was going to stay back and then later ask someone what had happened, until I moved closer to the scene of the incident and recognized both of the vioces.

"You're a DIRTY LIAR!"

"You're too STUPID to realize what's GOING ON!"

One voice belonged to Harry, and the other to Ron. I managed to push my way through the crowd (which was no easy feat, let me tell you) and right into the middle of Harry and Ron's arguement.

"What is going on?" I demanded.

"You should hear the horrible things Harry's saying about you!" Ron told me. "He's saying...I'm not going to repeat any of that in front of the entire school...but he's saying really awful things!"

"Well they're true!" Harry spat.

"Yeah, how do you know?"

"Parvati told me everything!"

Well that explained it.

"Ron," I said softly, "calm down. Parvati was obviously lying...let's go before someone get's in trouble..."

"Ron, don't listen to her!" Harry shouted. "You deserve better than her!"

And that explained more. The way I see it, Parvati was using Harry because she knew that he'd be the only person Ron would listen to. If Harry wanted Ron to dump me, he might listen. Maybe she's not as stupid as I thought... And Harry probably mentioned this to Hagrid, which explains why he was acting differently around me. Things began to make sense.

"C'mon 'Mione, let's go," Ron said, pulling on my arm.

We began to walk away...with the entire school watching us. Annoyed, I turned around and shouted, "ALL RIGHT PEOPLE, THE SHOW'S OVER! NOTHING TO SEE HERE!"

Ron later explained all the horrible things Harry had said about me...I won't go into detail because quite frankly, I don't want to think about it. Everything Ron said Harry had told him was completely unture! Well...the part about me being 'on top of' Seamus was partially true, but that happened after I tripped down the stairs and landed 'on top of' him. I could NOT believe Harry would believe sure...DISGUSTING things about me!

I hate Parvati.

And the worst part is, I'm afraid Ron might actually start listening to Harry.

**THINGS TO DO**

1.) Not get upset

2.) Hate Parvati

3.) Scheme ways to hate Parvati more

4.) Scheme ways to get Harry to believe Ron and me again

5.) Scheme ways to get everyone to stop believing the Parvati, the source of all evil

6.) Eat

7.) Find some other way to get my mind off these things, besides writing irrelevant lists in my journal

8.) Study

9.) Avoid half-goose-half-cat hybrids

10.) Get a new quill, as I have almost completely destroyed this one from pressing down so hard with it

**Two minutes later

11.) Apologize to Neville, because when I tossed my almost completely destroyed quill behind me (I'm using a different one) it hit him directly in the eye

**Two more minutes later

12.) Take Neville to the hospital wing

A/N: Thanks for reading! I wrote this while pretty much snowed into my house - there are about 6 inches already on the ground and it's still falling. If you haven't already, read "The Secret Thoughts of Hermione Granger," my first fanfic to which this is a sequel to, I'd highly reccomend it. Also, read my completely unrelated fanfic "Hogwarts Overturned" in which I make an appearance in Hogwarts. Reviews are very much appreciated!