Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Only In My Dreams by Ice Cream Eater

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Sorry for the long wait. I hope you like it!
On their first day back, they had a review quiz in every subject. After their Transfiguration quiz, they headed to lunch. It had been a long day. So far they had had four quizzes and there were plenty more to go.

"It's the day after break and I'm already failing," Ron said at lunch. "I need to take my mind off of all these reviews."

"Take your mind off them any more and you'll be sure to fail this year," Harry said.

"C'mon, Harry, it's seventh year. Lighten up a bit." Ron changed the subject. "How 'bout Quidditch? I've been practicing all summer."

Hermione jumped into the conversation. "You've got some tough competition." That was what got Ron's attention. He was out to get Hermione's attention, and this was the way to do it. Her type was definitely the Quidditch players.

"But, your schoolwork comes first," Hermione added. "I want you to be in the library by dinner."

"You mean I don't get to eat?" Ron questioned.

"If you want to achieve your goals, you need to persevere."




Ron and Harry had to be quick. They had just finished up Quidditch practice and had to get Ron into the library as fast as possible. They ran inside and upstairs.

"We don't have any time," Harry said. "You've got to get to the library now!"

"But wait-" Ron was pushed through the library doors. "Don't I get anything to eat?" he finished to himself.




Hermione had been waiting for Ron in the library with stack of books two feet high. Then she spotted him jostling through the door. She rested her head in her palm and couldn't help smiling as she saw his messy red hair and mangled clothes. He had gone through a lot of work just to get to the library and Hermione was impressed just by that.

"Oh, Ron," she sighed admiringly. She sat up, surprised at what she had just said to herself. I cannot let myself fall for him. It's not right.

"Hey, Hermione," Ron said casually.

"Hi, Ron. I didn't think you would actually show up." Ron looked at the pile of books. "Well," she looked at her fingernails, "I was hoping you'd show up. Let's get started."

She started with identifying potions and their uses. Then she went on to how certain potions might not work on a specific person. "In what case will a love potion will not work?"

"When the drinker is in true love." Ron stared into her glazed brown eyes but Hermione could not bear it and broke off and looked into her book quickly.

"Ummmr30; I think we've done enough studying for tonight," Hermione said. "I'm feeling a little tired. See you, Ron."




Hermione walked into the girls' dormitory with a look on her face that completely explained what she had been doing all night, daydreaming about love. Lavender and Parvati watched in awe as Hermione floated into the room.

Lavender smiled. "I know that face. So who is it?"

"Huh? Excuse me? What?" Hermione was confused. She just got back to Earth.

"Who do you like, Hermione?" Parvati questioned.

"That's none of your business. Besides, I don't like him. I love him." Hermione was proud of her answer.

"Well, whoever he is, as long as he's not Ron, you should ask him out," Lavender stated.

"What if he is?" Hermione was starting to feel a green monster popping out from under her skin.

"Are you saying that's who you fancy?" Parvati said.

"No, I'm just wondering. He's one of my best friends."

"And my future boyfriend," Lavender stated.

"Oh, really?" We'll see about that, Hermione thought.




It was nearly three o'clock and Hermione couldn't sleep. Her mind was wandering and lost. She didn't know if she really liked Ron or just had an over-protective sisterly bond with him. What are my true feelings?

At six she woke up and found Lavender and Parvati giggling by the door. "Do you think he'll see it?" she heard.

"What's going on?" she asked sleepily.

"Nothing, Hermione. Go back to sleep." Hermione got up and dragged to the door. She peeked out. Ron was holding a box of chocolates.

"G'morning Hermione," Ron said, "This box of chocolates is addressed to me but I don't like dark chocolate. Do you want some?" Hermione walked downstairs. She couldn't help but wonder what Lavender and Parvati had to do with this.

"No!" boomed a sudden voice. "Hermione, don't eat those!" Lavender snatched the box from her and ran back to the dormitory.

"What's with her?" Ron questioned.

That's odd, Hermione thought.




Harry came out of the boys' dormitory and the three of them went of to breakfast. There was a bountiful amount of food and pastries. Ron hurriedly settled down and gobbled up enormous bites. Lavender and Parvati stared as he took a gulp of pumpkin juice. They seemed to be waiting for something to happen.

"Harry, is it me, or is there something suspicious about the way those two are acting lately?" Hermione explained the chocolate incident.

"Hermione, you're being paranoid. There's nothing suspicious about them," Harry assured. Hermione is definitely jealous, Harry thought. She thinks she can hide it but she can't.

"Hermione, do you want to tell me something I don't know?" Harry questioned her.

"What? Oh-no! Nothing!" Hermione answered unsteadily. "Nothing at all."