Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny Weasley and the Chamber of Secrets by xcxcharlottexcx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters, places etc they all belong to J K Rowling not me.

"Get up!" a woman's voice rang through the Burrow. It was Mrs. Weasley, the mother of seven children. There were six boys: Bill, Charlie, Percy, Fred, George, and Ron, who all had red hair like hers and her husband's. There was one girl, in fact the only girl to be born into the Weasley family in many generations, whose name was Ginny.



"Get up! Breakfast's ready!" Mrs. Weasley's voice rang from outside Ginny's door.



"In a minute," mumbled Ginny in reply from behind her pillow. All that was visible was her fiery red hair. Moodily, she got out of bed, threw on a pair of jeans and went downstairs for breakfast.



As she arrived in the kitchen her mother was at the stove while four of her brothers sat round the table. Her two oldest brothers don’t live at home (Charlie was in Romania and Bill in Egypt).



“Where’s dad?” Ginny asked as she sat down.



“Oh! Ginny you're up, he had to pop into work early, dear,” said Mrs. Weasley handed Ginny a plate of toast.



“Have the letters from Hogwarts arrived yet?” Ginny asked.



Mrs Weasley was about to answer when Fred butted in and said,



“If they had arrived we would have told you, darling sister.”



“You have asked that question every morning since us lot came back from Hogwarts,” complained Ron.



“Well, I was only asking,” snapped Ginny at Ron.



“You have been ‘just asking’ for weeks now,” retorted Ron.



“Well, I recall you doing the exact same thing all last summer when you were going to start Hogwarts,” said Ginny who was starting to raise her voice slightly.



Fred and George sat in the middle of the two turning their head to face either Ron or Ginny, like watching the quaffle being thrown from one set of goals to another. Mrs. Weasley had disappeared outside to feed the chickens so no one or anything was stopping this turning into a full-scale fight.



Suddenly both Ron and Ginny were shouting at each other.



“AT LEAST I HAVE FRIENDS!”



“WHO?!”



“IT’S NOT THE POINT WHO THEY ARE!”



“YOUR APPARENTLY BEST FRIEND HARRY POTTER HASN’T SENT YOU A REPLY TO ANY OF YOUR LETTERS!”



“HE…HE MIGHT BE BUSY!”



”What is going on down here?” Percy demanded while coming down the last steps to the kitchen “I’m trying to concentrate upstairs.”



“Shut up Perce,” complained Fred.



“Yeah, this is interesting,” said George.



“I DO NOT! RONALD!”



“YEAH YOU DO IT’S ALL YOU EVER DO! HARRY THIS, HARRY THAT, IT’S LIKE YOU'RE OBSESSED!”



“WHAT? SO YOU MUST BE OBSESSED BY HIM THEN AND HERMIONE!”



“AM NOT!”



“ALL YOU TALK ABOUT IS HOW GREAT THEY WHERE WHEN YOU GOT YOURSELF KNOCKED OUT WHEN SAVING THE -“ Ginny was cut off because Mrs Weasley had suddenly appeared in the doorway from outside.



“GINNY! RON! WHY ARE YOU FIGHTING?” she demanded.



“They were arguing about nothing important mother,” Percy informed her.



“Percy don’t interfere,” snapped Mrs Weasley “Go upstairs please.”



“Yes mother.”



“Fred, George, you too.”



“But-“ George started but didn’t finish.



“NOW!” shouted Mrs Weasley. The twins went upstairs. “I am surprised that you two were arguing, you normally get on well with each other, what was this about?”



“It was nothing mum, honest. It was just a conversation that got out of hand,” Ron said.



“Yeah,” Ginny said, “It was Ron just being a prat.”



“Stop it,” Mrs Weasley said before Ron retorted.



“But it was all his fault!” moaned Ginny.



“Ginny!” warned Mrs Weasley.



“OH yeah! It’s always my fault! It’s always me! Never any of the perfect boys! I’m the one that always gets in trouble!” with that Ginny turned round and stormed upstairs in a very bad mood, leaving Mrs Weasley fuming and Ron with a face nearly as red as his hair.



~*~




Ginny looked at her clock as she lay on her bed. It was one o’clock; she had been in her room for four hours. She had not left her room since her argument with Ron. In fact, she was starting to feel guilty that she had said that he had not got any friends because she knew that a girl called Hermione was replying to his letters and that she couldn’t send her own because she didn’t have an owl. Also there was something suspicious that Harry wasn’t replying to letters. Then a little voice in her head reminded her that he had said that she had no friends first.



A knock on her bedroom door interrupted her thoughts. She did not answer, but then the person on the other side of the door opened it.



“Ginny?” it was Ron.



“What do you want?” Ginny snapped irritably.



“I…I’ve come to apologize…a…about earlier.”



Ginny stayed silent with her back to him.



“I know I shouldn’t have had a go at you. It’s not your fault that you're excited about going to Hogwarts, and you were right, I was too.”



“No, I’m sorry Ron,” Ginny turned round “I shouldn’t have accused you of having no friends either,” she said.



“It’s ok, but I should apologize too. I’m sorry.”



Then Fred and George came in though the open door, shut it and sat on the bed with Ron and Ginny.

<

“Oi, Gin, can you do us a favour?” Fred asked.



“Depends on what it is,” replied Ginny.



“Don’t tell her, she’ll grass,” complained Ron.



“No I won’t,” snapped Ginny at Ron.



“Ok,” Ron didn’t want another fall out with Ginny seeing as he had just made up with her again.



“What is it then?” questioned Ginny.



“Tonight can you have a long conversation with mum in the sitting room as a distraction? Please,” asked Fred. Ginny looked from George to Fred and then to Ron. They were all looking at her expectantly.



“It depends on whether you tell me on what you are planning to do tonight. I don’t want to be in trouble as well as you three,” Ginny replied after some thought.



“We can’t. But we can guarantee that you wont get involved if it goes wrong and we get found out. We promise,” George said. There was a long silence.



“So will you help us?” asked Ron.



“Ok,” Ginny replied, though unsure whether she should or not. With her word Fred, George and Ron left her room. Ginny rushed to her door, locked it and said to herself, as she lay on here bed.



“What have I got myself into?”



~*~


A/N: This is my first fanfic I hope you like it. Please read and review. I could do with some constructive criticism. I would like to thank my beta for betaing this for me because my spelling and grammar is terrible.



May I tell you reviews and me are like leaves to a tree. Which means I need them or I can't really tell if people like it or not.