Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny Weasley and the Chamber of Secrets by xcxcharlottexcx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters, events, places etc they all belong to JKRowling not me.
It was half past ten, and Ginny was on her way down to tea that night when she bumped into Ron.

“Tell me what you’re doing tonight?” interrogated Ginny.

“No,” Ron replied.

Every time she had been away from Percy or Mrs. Weasley and bumped into Fred, George or Ron she had asked them that same question. So the three boys had taken to staying in their rooms.

“Why not?” She asked.

“Because you’ll find out in the morning.”

“But I want to know now!”

“I’m not telling you.”

“Not telling her what?” Percy had walked up behind them giving them an untrusting glance.

“I…erm…I,” stuttered Ron.

“He won’t tell me how you get sorted at Hogwarts,” Ginny said quickly to cover up Ron’s stuttering. She was always a lot better and quicker at making up cover stories than Ron.

“Ginny, I told you within the first week of us coming back from Hogwarts,” Percy said as though she was dumb. He pushed through them and down the last set of stairs to the kitchen.

“You nearly blew that,” Ginny complained. “What if I hadn’t come up with that cover story, eh?”

“Shut up.”

“He still doesn’t believe me, so I could go and tell him you’re planning something. He’ll get it out of you…or at least mum could,” Ginny smiled smugly. She had him stuck in a situation he wouldn’t be able to get out of. Ron stopped walking.

“You wouldn’t dare.”

“Ginny, Ron, hurry up,” Mrs. Weasley called up the stairs.

“Ok mum, coming,” Ginny called down to Mrs. Weasley.


“We’ll talk about this later,” she muttered to Ron, walking down the stairs.

~*~
Everybody had just finished pudding, jam roll with custard (homemade by Mrs. Weasley of course).

“What time is it dear?” Mr. Weasley asked Mrs. Weasley.

“Ten past eleven,” Mrs. Weasley replied.

“I’ve got to go to work in ten minutes, I better get ready,” With that he went upstairs soon followed by Percy who had some work to do. Mrs. Weasley stood up and walked over to the sink.

“Ginny?”

“Yes mum,” Ginny jerked her head up from where she had been falling asleep at the table.

“Can you help me with the dishes?”

“Ok.”

Ginny got up and started to dry the pots with Mrs. Weasley as the pots were automatically cleaned with a flick of Mrs. Weasley's wand.

“Ginny, dear.”

“What is it mum?”

“Are you all right?”

“Yes, perfectly fine, why?”

“It’s just that-.”

“-You haven’t asked about Harry for nearly all day,” Fred interrupted laughing.

“Yeah Gin, You normally don’t shut up about him, you -,” George stopped. Ginny, who recovered quickly from the comment Fred made so unexpectedly, looked at the three boys as if to say ‘Stop it or I won’t do it tonight’. She then smiled a smug smile.

She enjoyed having this power over them. If they had continued her face would have normally gone so red it would be indistinguishable from her hair.

Then Mr. Weasley came downstairs.

“See you later, I’m off to work,” he announced.

He walked out of the door and disapparated. Mrs. Weasley started putting the pots away so Ginny went to sit at the table with Ron, George and Fred (Percy said he was ‘busy’ and went to his room).

“Tell me what you are planning to do tonight,” Ginny demanded in a whisper.

“No!” the three boys replied in unison.

“I’ll tell mum you’re planning something,” hissed Ginny.

The three boys all exchanged looks then nodded at each other. Ron looked slightly regretful of telling Ginny.

“Fine,” whispered Fred “But come in the sitting room so mum can’t here us,”

Ginny, Fred, George and Ron all went in to the sitting room and sat on the patched sofas.

“You want to know what we are planning, then?” George asked.

“Of course or I wouldn’t have asked,” Ginny said impatiently.

“We are going…” Ron paused and looked at the twins who nodded. “Going to rescue Harry from the muggles he lives with.”

“We reckon something is up,” stated George.

“Well it didn’t take a genius to work that out,” Ginny commented.

“So we are going to pick him up and bring him here for the rest of the summer,” finished Fred ignoring Ginny’s last comment.

Ginny’s heart skipped a beat. Harry Potter. Thee Harry Potter was going to come here. Here to the Burrow. The prospect that she was going to go to the same school as him in September was great. But to actually be living under the same roof as him for the rest of the summer was marvellous.

“Earth to Ginny,” said George in an annoyed voice. He had obviously said something while she was daydreaming about Harry. “As I was saying Ginny, you will still distract mum for us? Please.”

“What are you taking about?” Mrs. Weasley said, poking her head round the door of the sitting room.

“Nothing,” they chorused.

The three boys all looked at Ginny expectantly. She nodded. She knew what they wanted her to do. It was nearly twelve.

She figured that if she did she could tell Harry that she helped to bring him to the Burrow and he would like her.

Fred nudged her as a signal to do her part.

“Mum, I need to talk to you,” Ginny said even though she had no idea what she was going to say next.

“Of course dear,” said Mrs. Weasley sitting next to Ginny “What is it?”

“I…I,” Ginny couldn’t think of anything to say.

“What is the matter Ginny?” said Mrs. Weasley with a great look of concern on her face.

“I…I don’t want them listening,” said Ginny.

“Ok dear, George, Fred and Ron go to bed,” Mrs. Weasley ordered. Each said their goodnights and went up stairs. Mrs. Weasley was surprised by the boy’s lack of argument, but then decided that Ginny was more important at that moment in time.

“Now, what’s the matter Ginny?” Mrs. Weasley asked giving her daughter a worried look.

Ginny was stuck for once in her life; she didn’t know what to say. But then it hit her.

“I…I like Harry but I…I don’t think he likes me.”

“Oh Ginny, don’t be so silly,” Mrs. Weasley said taking her daughter into a hug. “What makes you think that?”

Then Ginny heard three thuds coming from outside. She assumed it was the three boys jumping from a rope ladder of some sort coming from a bedroom upstairs. It was apparent that Mrs. Weasley had heard it too; so Ginny turned on the tears.

“I…I think that he hasn’t replied to Ron’s letters because he doesn’t to come here because I’m here.”

“Don’t think that,” said Mrs Weasley sympathetically. Then continued “In fact me and your father are going to go and see Harry if he hasn’t replied to Ron’s last letter by tomorrow night.”

Ginny suddenly stopped the tears. Her face was panicked stricken. Fred, George and Ron are risking their necks for nothing.

“Go on Ginny to bed now it’s late,” said Mrs Weasley not noticing the expression on Ginny’s face.

As she trudged upstairs she sighed to herself. Instead of looking like the hero that helped save Harry Potter from the muggles he lived with, she was an idiot that would get Ron, Fred, George and possibly Harry into trouble. Then just before see fell asleep she wondered to herself: How exactly were they fetching Harry?

A/N: Hope you liked it. Read and review please. I’ll update as soon as I get enough rewiews. Once again thanks to my beta for betaing this.

If you are stuck for what to put in your rewiew other that "Great" "Liked it" "Hated it" etc. Here are some questions you could answer for me:

*Are the Characters in character or are any of them OC?

*Anything I could have done better?

*Any ideas or suggestions for future chapters?