Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Ginny Weasley and the Chamber of Secrets by xcxcharlottexcx

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of its characters, places etc they all belong to J K Rowling not me sadly

Ginny was awoken by her mother’s shouts but not the usual "get up!" ones. It was coming from outside. She ran to the window and listened to what Mrs. Weasley was shouting. Although she could only hear bits of what her mother was saying.

“Flying car…you could have been seen…Father will be in trouble,”

They had used theirs dad’s flying Ford Anglia and gotten caught by Mrs Weasley. Ginny was astonished by her brother's lack of planning skills. Surely they should have allowed more time for travelling all the way there, back, and sneaking back into the house without Mrs Weasley catching them.

She looked back outside and followed Mrs. Weasley into the house with Fred, George, Ron and Harry. Ginny had for the moment forgotten why they were in trouble. Harry was here for the rest of the holidays.

As quickly as she could while still trying to seem casual she ran downstairs still in her nightdress and into the kitchen. She saw Harry sitting at the table. Her body froze, and she was incapable of doing or saying anything. She let out a small squeal of excitement and ran out of the kitchen, up the stairs and to her bedroom. She was so happy; Harry Potter was staying in the same house as her.

After about 10 more minutes of daydreaming, she got dressed. She was about to go downstairs to have breakfast when she heard shouting coming from the garden. She went to look what was going on. Fred, George, Ron and Harry were degnoming the garden. She watched Harry throwing the gnomes over the wall.

Before she knew it they went inside and she heard footsteps coming up the stairs. She opened her door slightly and peered through the gap. She saw Ron and Harry about to go into Ron’s room. Harry looked round at her. When he made eye contact with her she felt her face go red and shut her door.

Why does my face have to go red when he looks at me?, she thought embarrasedly.


~*~



Ever since Harry’s arrival Ginny had... well, stopped being Ginny. She had become very quiet and clumsy when Harry was around, and no one really knew what was causing this change in her.

She didn’t really know herself. The only reason she could think was that she really did like Harry but she put that idea down every time it appeared in her head. She decided that the change was due to her being so excited and nervous about finally going to Hogwarts.

About a week after Harry’s arrival, Ginny was sat at the table eating her porridge when Ron came downstairs accompanied by Harry for breakfast as usual.

“Mum, we got any crackle pops?” Ron asked.

Ginny looked up from her bowl to give a sarcastic comment but she saw Harry and knocked over her porridge onto the floor. But was saved too much embarrassment by Mrs Weasley handing out Hogwarts letters which had just arrived.

Ginny’s quickly picked up her letter and read it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY


Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. Of Wizards)



Dear Miss Weasley,

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment. Term begins on the 1st of September. The train will leave Platform 9 ¾ at 11 o’clock of that day.

Yours sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall

Deputy Headmistress


‘Wow’ Ginny thought to herself she was going to Hogwarts. She picked up the list of books and items.


First-year students will require:

• Three sets of plain black work robes.

• 1 pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar)

• 1 wand

• 1 size 2 pewter cauldron

• 1 set of glass or crystal phials

• 1 telescope

• 1 set brass scales



Set books:

*The Standard Book of Spells (Grade1) by Miranda Goshawk.

*A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot.

*Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling.

*A Beginners’ Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch.

*One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore.

*Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger.

*The whole Gildery Lockhart collection excluding Magical Me and "Glildory Lockhart's Guide to Household Pests"

Students may also bring an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.


Ginny’s heart sank, as she knew that Lockhart’s books were expensive. George confirmed her thoughts.

“That lot won’t come cheap, Lockhart’s books are expensive,”

“Well, we will manage,” said Mrs Weasley “I expect we’ll be able to get most of Ginny’s things second hand,”

“Oh! Are you starting at Hogwarts this year?” Harry asked Ginny. Ginny couldn’t seem to find speech so she just nodded. Her face was starting to go as red as her hair. She then proceeded to put her elbow in the butter dish, and, looking up, she saw, to her horror, that Harry had noticed. So, Ginny concentrated on eating her porridge until Harry left with Ron, Fred and George to practice quidditch in the small orchid the Weasleys owned.


~*~



On the following Wednesday after Harry’s arrival at the Burrow, Ginny got up an hour early than everyone else (she had been doing it for three days now). She was doing this to avoid Harry at breakfast, since it always ended up in her going red in the face or dropping whatever she was holding.

As she trudged downstairs she heard a lot of people talking in the kitchen. Then, she remembered that they were going to Diagon Alley today and everyone would be up early.

As she entered the kitchen, Harry turned round and smiled at her. Ginny smiled back going a little red in the face, but Harry had already turned around and started talking to Fred and George. A little down trodden she went and sat at her usual place and ate her breakfast in silence


~*~



Everyone was ready to go to Diagon Alley and was waiting by the fireplace. Mrs Weasley lifted down a small plant pot full of a glittery powder and peered inside.

“We’re running low, We’ll have to get some more today,” she said to herself. “After you, Harry dear,”

“What am I supposed to do?” Harry asked.

“Mum, Harry hasn’t traveled by floo powder before,” Ron told his mother.

“Oh,” said Mrs Weasley “How did you get to Diagon Alley to get your school things last year?”

“Me and Hagrid went on the underground,” Harry replied.

“Really?! Were there escapators and elektik ticket mash-eens?” Asked Mr Weasley; he loved the things muggles used, as he thought they were quite fascinating.

“Not now Arthur!” Mrs Weasley snapped at her husband.

“Sorry dear,” Mr Weasley mumbled.

“Watch Fred and George go first,” Mrs Weasley told Harry.

Fred and grabbed a handful of floo powder, threw it into the fire, stepped in and shouted “Diagon Alley!” Next went George, who did exactly the same.

“See how it’s done Harry?” Mrs Weasley asked him as Mr Weasley disappeared in the emerald green flames.

“Erm…yeah” Harry replied.

“Don’t worry Harry, it’s easy,” Ron assured Harry, as he stood in the fireplace, preparing to put it down. “Diagon Alley!” he screamed out, disappearing into the flames.

“Go on Harry,” Mrs Weasley prompted, “Look out for the rest to make sure you come out at the right grate.”

Harry grabbed a handful of flow powder and disappeared into the fire.

“Ginny.” Mrs Weasley said to grab her attention.

“What?” Said Ginny jumping, She had been staring into the fire where Harry disappeared.

Mrs Weasley held out the pot to her prompting her to take some. Ginny grabbed a handful of floo powder and stepped into the flames. She span round and round.

She stepped out onto the highly polished wooden floor of a little teashop “Miss Twirlytots Tea parlour”. This was were the Weasley’s usually got out at because of the lack of busyness of the shop.

Mrs Weasley appeared behind Ginny.

“Where’s Harry?” said Mrs Weasley alarmingly to the rest of the Weasley who were all looking worried.

Ginny quickly looked round panicking. She couldn’t see Harry anywhere.

A/N: Sorry for this chapter being abit boring but i promise the story will get more interesting.