Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Lily Evans...Potter? by LilE

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
As always...JKRs...not mine

________________

My Hogwarts letter arrived along with my book list and a note saying I had been chosen as Head Girl. Something my parents were very proud of and something Petunia simply stuck her nose up in the air at.

I headed out to the Leaky Cauldron on the Knight Bus one Saturday about a week before school was to start in order to pick up my new books and robes.

It was late in the day, and I had finally finished all my shopping when I heard, "Lily!"

I turned and saw Remus waving from across the street over by Flourish and Blotts. I made my way over to him.

"Remus! How wonderful to see you here! You look great!" And indeed he did. It was amazing what some summer sun and a full moon about two weeks away could do for him. He put an arm around me in a half hug, because both our arms were rather full.

"Have you found everything you need today?" He asked.

"Yes, and some things I didn't know I needed! Of course I had to restock quite a lot of paper and ink." I told him, grinning. He laughed.

"Same here. The others left here about an hour ago. I seem to be the only one who can stand a bookstore."

"'The others?" I asked, becoming slightly nervous at the thought of seeing James. I had not prepared myself for this.

"The other Marauders of course. We all came together. It's been great. James will die when he sees you. He wondered if you would be here as well, been nervous about it all day. I keep telling him to get over it, but you know James." He replied, grinning

I smiled back, trying not to show that I was just as nervous as James. "Well, then, let us go search for them," I said, putting on an air of confidence. Remus took my arm, and the two of us, laden with our bags, headed down the street discussing our letters and how life had been going since the last letter.

It wasn't long before we saw James, Sirius, and Peter all looking through the window at Quality Quidditch supplies. What a surprise. James had a bag bearing the name on the side. I wondered what new thing he had bought for his broom.


I decided to startle him as much as possible, and before Remus could call out a hello I said, "Careful Potter, I think they just washed the windows. They may not want your nose prints all over it." He turned suddenly and looked at me in shock. Both Remus and I were laughing.

He grinned, "I...well, I don't think they'll mind. I have a rather nice nose."

I laughed again. "It's good to see you again James. I'm glad Remus saw me. I was just about to leave."

"Well, you know how we all love to see you, dearest Lily," Sirius said and kissed my hand.

"Such the gentleman, Mr. Black! Always a pleasure to see you as well, " I smiled sweetly at him.



It was more than James could take. He finally was able to speak and overcome his nervousness and said, "Excuse him, Lily, he is always falling heads over heels for beautiful women. Pay him no mind; he'll break your heart in minute."

Sirius pretended to look shocked, and I blushed. To hear James call me a beautiful woman was nice. I looked away from the gaze of his dark eyes. James must have noticed this, for he took that moment, when I was rather weak already, to propose taking me to Florean's for ice cream. How could I resist?

"Are you sure the two of you don't need chaperones? You know, make sure you don't get into any trouble?" said Remus as James took my arm, though not without me hesitating. Is this what I wanted?

"You mean make sure they keep their lips to themselves!" Sirius laughed.

Oh dear, I thought, what am I doing? I could feel myself blushing again. I resisted the urge to run away. James just rolled his eyes and waved. "Ignore them," he sighed. Also rolling his eyes and giving me a look that said I'd better get used to that kind of thing.

The next two hours flew by. Just the two of us, sitting at our table, talking. Thankfully, Remus had kindly consented to take my books to the Leaky Cauldron and have Tom hold them. I don't believe I would have noticed if someone had stolen my purchases. It was then, I think, that I really fell in love with James. Sitting there, talking with him. Does that seem too quick for you? Maybe. Yet, even then, if you had asked me, I wouldn't have said I was in love with him. I knew I liked him, oh yes, I liked him very much. But love?

He had loved me for so many years, and writing over the summer had helped me get to know and understand him a lot better. Remus had also helped. His letters would mention James and what he was like every so often. And working with them at the end of the last school year, I had gotten to know them more. And now, here we were together, alone for the first time ever really. He wasn't joking, and he wasn't trying to show off for anyone. It was just the two of us, getting to know each other.


We couldn't believe it when we realized how late it was, close to 6:00. I knew my parents would be starting to wonder where I was. We walked back to the Leaky Cauldron, hand in hand.

"Oh, I don't think I told you that I'm Head Boy. To go along with your Head Girl status, " he told me before we entered the Leaky Cauldron from the Diagon Alley side.

"Really?! I'm surprised. I didn't know you had it in you. I kept expecting Remus to tell me it was him," I said.

"There's a lot you don't know about me, " he said, with a slightly evil grin and winked at me. I punched him in the arm, rather hard too.


We found the other three waiting for us there, all wondering how much longer we would be. Sirius said they had considered sending out a search party. Remus rolled his eyes. I collected my stuff, thanking Remus and giving him a quick hug. I went outside and stuck my wand out for the Knight Bus.

As I climbed aboard the Knight Bus to return home James said, "So does, this mean we're going out?"

"Maybe, " I said, laughing and closed the door, still enjoying too much the pleasure of teasing him.

-----------------
Thanks to my beta for this chapter, forgetablelove (Jess)
And sorry to all my readers for it taking me so long to update! I've had beta issues as well as college that kept me busy for much of the earlier part of this year. Hopefully more will be out soon!