Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Darkest Year Yet by School owl

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2
Meeting of four good old friends

Boy, Harry thought, Professor Lupin knows how to play them. “Vernon. Let the boy go. We want him off our hands. This is a blessing. If they want him they can have him.” Aunt Petunia said.

“Of course. Harry you may go, now. Scram.” Vernon said.

“Professor, would you mind helping me pack my trunk?” Harry asked.

“No, not at all,” Professor Lupin said.

Harry led the way to his room. “How did you know my answer? I was writing the letter just now.” Harry said.

“Harry, it was simple. You can’t possibly be happy here.” Professor Lupin said.

Harry laughed. “Yeah. I am never really happy here.”

“Harry.” A voice at the door squeaked, “Harry, will they come back?”

Harry jumped at the voice, it belonged to Dudley. Harry had a shred idea of what he was talking about. “Do you mean what happened last year?” Harry said.

Dudley nodded. “No. They won’t come back.” Harry said. Dudley turned to leave. “Wait! Where have you been and where are you going?”

“Do you have to know?” Without waiting for an answer he continued “I have been at… at Mrs. Figg’s… for tea.”

Harry raised his eyebrows. “Okay, okay. I have been with my friends all three days. I told mum and dad I was going for tea with different people. But don’t tell mum and dad.” Dudley confessed.

Harry rolled his eyes. “Get out Dudley.”

Dudley did and Harry shut the door after him. “I have been cursed.” Harry said, “With this family. Oh why didn’t Voldemort kill me to make me not suffer the pain I suffer with this lot?”

Lupin smiled but did not laugh. Instead he said, “You shouldn’t joke about that.”

“I know but it’s the bitter truth.” Harry said.

“Harry, how have you been? You look a bit pale.” Lupin said.

“Like I said, I’m fine. How have you been? Is everyone okay?” Harry asked.

“We are all fine. In fact we’re great. Come on you’ll see. Let’s start packing.” Lupin said.

One hour and 3 missing socks, a stack of books and many missing underwear (don’t ask) later they were on their way. “Professor, how are we going to get to the headquarters?” Harry asked.

“Portkey of course.” Lupin said as he pulled out a tin can. “One, two, three!”

The sensation of being jerked was soon awakened inside of Harry. He felt sick remembering all the times he had been traveling on a Portkey, it was usually after someone died. Like Cedric or Sirius. They arrived at their destination. Molly Wesley came out and hugged Harry. “It’s good to see you dear.” She said.

She stood back to examine him “You look a bit peaky dear. Nothing a good dinner can’t fix.” She then yelled “Ron! Hermione! Ha…”But she didn’t get to finish her sentence because they were at the foot of the stairs.

“Harry, mate! It’s so good to see you!” Ron said.

Hermione had a loss of words as she ran to her old friend and hugged him. “It has been forever since we last met!” She said.

“Goodness Hermione! It’s only been four weeks.” Harry said.

“Whatever!” She said.

Sly as a fox she pulled a pillow from the couch next to them and threw it at Harry. Soon Ron joined in. Harry couldn’t remember Ginny coming in. Soon the living room was a jumble of laughing teenage bodies. Molly was about to stop it but Remus Lupin pulled her back “It’s been awhile since they have seen each other and it’s been forever since I have seen Harry laugh.” He said.

Molly nodded. Soon Molly retreated to the kitchen to fix dinner for the lively crew. Remus went upstairs to tend to some business that he forgot. “Ginny!” Harry exclaimed. “How long have you been here?”

“I dunno, awhile. Why? Are you so thick you didn’t see me?” She laughed as he threw another pillow at her.

They were exhausted when Molly announced that dinner was ready. The four friends sat together talking and exchanging gossip and giggling. They hardly noticed when Albus Dumbledore walked in. Hermione nudged Ron and Harry. Harry nudged Ginny. They were all quite. “Sorry, I’m a bit late. I had something to tend to.” Dumbledore said.

“That’s all right Albus. Here have some of my beef stew.” Molly said.

Arthur appeared shortly after that. “Sorry, I’m late.” He didn’t bother to explain why he was late.

“That’s okay. Just help yourself to some food.” Molly said.

The dinner seemed to last forever when finally Molly stood up and said “Bed - all of you. Goodnight all.”

“Wait.” Dumbledore said, “I have to give them their school lists.”

He handed each one out personally and gave Harry’s last. “Harry. The Order knows about the prophecy. Don’t you think that it would be fair that your best friends know and hear it from you?” Dumbledore asked his eyes twinkling.

“Yes Professor. May I speak to them tonight?” Harry asked.

“Whenever you are ready,” Dumbledore said.

Harry nodded and took a deep breath. The kids ran up the stairs and Harry said, “Wait. You guys. I need to tell you something.”

They followed him into his and Ron’s room. “Harry is something wrong?” Hermione asked with concern.

“Yes and no.” He said. The he recited the prophecy that had been rattling his brain for so long. “So in the end, I will be a victim or a murder. Neither looks too good.”

A long silence followed after what Harry said. “We’re here for you no matter what happens, Harry.” Ginny said.

“Oh course we are mate. If you need to talk with us we’re here. Also if you have anything else that you might want to talk about…” Ron said.

Harry knew that he meant if he wanted to talk about Sirius. “Well Harry, what a fine web we’ve woven.” Hermione said.

They all said goodnight and parted into their bedrooms. And that was the meeting of four good old friends.

A/N- Each chapter gets better. Keep reading and reviewing. For the next chapter to be put out can I have at least five reviews?