Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

More than Friends by HPismylife4real

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
The next morning produced the brightest sun ever that month, and Hermione took that as a sign it was going to be a gorgeous day. Of course, all her homework was finished as usual, so she could now either visit the library to find a new book, study, or find Ginny, Harry, or Ron. Hermione soon decided to lounge in a chair and read her book. While in the middle of a fantastic chapter, Ron came down the stairs into the room.



As Ron looked up, he instantly thought

There she is. That’s the girl that I love, in every way, just as she is.
“Good morning Hermione!” stated Ron.

“Beautiful day isn’t it?” she replied.

“Yeah, it is. What have you got there?”

“Oh, I’m just reading. It’s about how the muggles discovered electricity.”

“Right, must be very interesting then. Do you think you could spare a few minutes? Maybe… take a walk with me outside?” Ron pleaded.

“Sure, I’d…” started Hermione. Just then, Ginny came running down the stairs, and collapsed into the chair next to Hermione.

“Hermione, I need to talk to you!” Ginny exclaimed, not even acknowledging Ron.

“Hi to you too Ginny.” Ron muttered.

“Skeeze off. Can’t you see I’m busy?” retaliated Ginny.

“Maybe later Ginny, your brother and I were just about to head outside for a walk. Is it terribly important?”

“Sort of. I need to speak to you in private when you have the chance.” Ginny explained.

“Sure thing, right when I get back. Ready Ron?” asked Hermione. He nodded at her.

And with that, they went through the Fat Lady’s portrait, past the Great Hall, and out into the beautiful outdoors.

Birds were chirping in nearby trees, and the Great Lake looked pleasant and cool. Some students were busy chatting or playing games in the shade.



Walking down the path to the Quidditch field, Ron and Hermione were busying themselves talking about the holidays that were coming up. Hermione’s hand ever so slightly brushed against Ron’s, and they both moved apart. They were then silent for a while; each thinking about how such a tiny little thing like brushing hands would make them feel awkward. After all, they had been good friends for 5 long years now.



Just ask her. Ask her what she felt when you brushed her hand. Then you’ll know if you have a prayer Ron thought.
What he didn’t know, was that Hermione was thinking the exact same thought.

“What happened just now?” they both said at the same time. Hermione laughed, and Ron felt very nervous.

“I asked you first,” Hermione stated.

“Well, what I think, is that this day is too nice not to be playing some Quidditch. What do you say? Shall we go round up Harry, Fred, George, and Oliver?” Ron asked.

“Yeah, sure. Sounds like fun!” So they headed back up to the Common Room.






Meanwhile, up in the castle, Ginny had already found Harry and was busy trying to get help from him.



"What can we do to get them together?" she said.

"Hang on, we don't even know if they are interested in each other."

"WHAT? Are you NUTS? OF COURSE they like each other. Have you seen them together? They never take their eyes off the other, and when one catches the other, they get all embarassed. If that isn't a crush, then I don't know what is," Ginny said very matter of factly.

She does have a point there. Maybe she's right… Harry thought.
Ginny and Harry were still discussing this when Ron and Hermione came in, looking extremely angry with another.



"Just do me a favor, and never speak to me ever again!" Hermione yelled at Ron. She then sprinted out of the room, crying. Ginny glared at Ron before following after Hermione. She could see in Ron's face that he had said something stupid.



"Don't even say anything Ginny," Ron demanded. "I know I'm the world's stupidest prat. And Harry, just forget what I said. Hermione is the last person I would ever want to be with." Ron walked back out through the portrait while Harry just sat there dumbfounded.