Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

More than Friends by HPismylife4real

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hermione thought it would be best to inform Harry and Ginny what had just happened. So she waltzed down to them and after explaining everything that went on, she got up to leave and said, “Just forget it guys. It’s hopeless. Thanks for trying to help though.”

Harry and Ginny watched her leave the Common Room through the portrait hole, and they heard to Fat Lady squeal, “What’s the trouble dear? Is it about a boy?” to which Hermione replied, “What else?” and she silently slipped through the hole as it closed behind her.

“What are we going to do Harry? I know you think just as I do that they should be together.” Ginny stated. Harry was thinking about the same thing just then, but he didn’t know if his idea would be any good.
“Listen… if I know Ron like I think I do, what would make him crazier about Hermione than ever?”
“I don’t know Harry, seeing her with another guy perhaps?”
Exactly. I think it would work, because it killed me inside last year to see Cho with Cedric. But first, let’s go talk to Ron again, see if he’s right in the head yet.” Harry said.
“Okay. But Harry…” Ginny started, but Harry had already grabbed her arm. They were headed towards Ron who was coming down the stairs. Ron looked at the two, and he immediately stopped. He knew that if they saw him, they would corner him and try to talk to him about what happened between him and Hermione.

“Ron!” Harry yelled, “We need to talk to you!”
Oh great, just what I need right now. Why can’t I ever have a moment’s peace?




Ron walked in between Harry and Ginny as they wandered about outdoors just outside the Forbidden Forest. It was a nice sunny and warm day, and as the trio walked around the Hogwarts Grounds, Ron couldn’t help but think about Hermione.
I wish Hermione was here talking with me, instead of these two. But it doesn’t matter anymore. She thinks I’m just a big git now.
“Ron? RON? Are you even listening to us at all? I think we’ve lost him Ginny,” Harry said, annoyed.
“Ron, the least you could do is pay attention and actually listen to what we have to say. This is for your own good you know. We’re not doing this for ourselves you know.” Ginny said.
“You’re right about that Ginny, and an ‘I’m sorry, I’ll listen now’ from you might be nice Ron,” Harry kidded.
“Sorry Harry. And I will listen, I promise.” Ron repeated back.

“Good. Now, come to your senses! Please Ron, you’re driving us all mad with your stupidity. Now, let me see if I have this right. So. Hermione comes in to talk to you about what happened on your walk outside, and you basically tell her off, and accuse her of have feelings for me? Ron, what’s wrong with you?” Harry questioned.
“Nothing’s wrong with me Harry. How would you feel, if every time you looked into your best friend’s eyes, and you could only see her looking else where, especially at your other best friend?” Ron stated.
“What are you talking about Ron?”
“Damnit Harry, …you. Because that is exactly what I see every single damn time I look at her. She’s looking not at me. She’s looking at you. How do you expect me to welcome and trust her feelings for me whole heartedly, when I’ve never seen the way she looks at me. I’ve only seen the way she looks at you. I didn’t believe her Harry. I couldn’t believe her when she said , ‘The fact is, I like you a lot too Ron.’ How was I suppose to accept that? TELL ME.” Ron shouted.

“Ron, I had no idea. Please believe me, I always knew that Hermione liked you,” Harry told Ron.
“Yeah, whatever. How am I suppose to know you’re telling the truth, huh? I can’t trust anyone now.”
“Ron, stop being ridiculous. I’m your best friend, you’re able to trust me. If you can’t even allow yourself to confide in me, then I don’t know who you could. But, because you’re very frustrated and emotional right now, I am going to leave you alone to think some more. Trust your heart Ron, you’ll know what’s right.” Harry took off towards the Castle, as he’d had enough.
“Harry’s right you know” Ginny said, following suit after Harry.
Ron was left in the forest all alone, and feeling quite deserted. He considered going to find Hermione, but before he could, Hermione came walking out in front of the tree she was hiding behind.

“Hey.” she said with a wave of her hand.
“My gosh… can anything else go wrong today?” Ron shouted to the sky.
“Ron, stop being over dramatic. That’s part of your problem you know. You take things so seriously, and you over dramatize everything.”
“That’s ridiculous Hermione, I don’t dramatize everything I say.”
“Yes you do, you just did it.”
“No, I did not.”
“Yes… you did.”
“No I don’t. You know what’s your problem Hermione? You just love to argue with everyone. All you do with me is argue. And I really wish you wouldn’t. It just creates tension between us.”
“We’re fighting like an old married couple.” Hermione chuckled.
Ron stepped forward and reached for Hermione’s hands. He held them in front of his chest, and looked straight into her eyes.
“Hermione Granger. You are without a doubt, the most amazing and wonderful girl I’ve ever met. Though you’re also very troublesome, but that’s what I love about you. You keep things interesting, every day is new with you. I only said what I did because I was angry at you, and I wanted you to hurt as badly as I was hurting.”
“I know.”
“But I take it all back, everything mean I’ve ever said to you. Do you think you could find it in you to ever forgive me for how horrible I’ve been?”
“Yes, but there’s something else I have to tell you.”
“What is it? You know you can tell me anything Hermione.”
“I love you.”