Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

More than Friends by HPismylife4real

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ron tightened his grip on Hermione’s hands. Gazing into her eyes, he said, “I love you too. Everything about you.”
Hermione beamed and confessed, “It’s so nice to hear you say that. I can’t believe I didn’t tell you this earlier.”
“Hermione, it’s like I told just before. You know you can tell me anything. I sincerely mean it.” Ron told her, as he reached behind her back. She instinctively pulled away, but Ron’s forcefulness brought her closer and he pulled her in. He stroked her cheek softly before reaching down for her mouth, and he kissed her deeply.

Hermione felt her knees buckle underneath her, but Ron pulled her up with his big, strong, caring hands. They broke apart, and just stared into each other’s eyes. “Too fast?” Ron questioned.
Hermione grinned at him, and said, “Yeah, a little. But that’s ok.”
“Damn. I’ve messed up already, I always misread your signals.” Ron teased her and poked her in the ribs playfully.
“Anyway… I really do have something to tell you though.”
“What?”
“I love you,” she said again. “And I forgive you. That’s all,” she told him.
“Well good, because if you didn’t forgive me, I would just have to…”
“Have to what?” Hermione interrupted.
“I would have to kiss you again” Ron joked.
“Oh?” She questioned. Hermione stood on her tiptoes and kissed Ron again, as he wrapped his arms around her waist and just held her. They stood there in silence for a moment, just feeling each other’s presence.

Hermione couldn’t believe what had just happened. She wondered how long Ron had liked her, because surely these couldn’t have been newly developed feelings. She considered asking him about it, but when she looked up at Ron, he wasn’t looking back, but behind her. As they were still outside by the forest, Hermione suddenly felt very scared.

“Ron, what are you staring at?” Hermione questioned.
“Nothing, just keep walking. Don’t look back, whatever you do,” Ron said in a very serious tone. Hermione obeyed him without question, and she grabbed his hand for the extra feeling of protection.
“Ron, I’m scared.”
“I know, but hush...” They stopped, and Ron brought her down in a playful tackle.
“Ron, you gave me a fright! I thought it was something serious. Don’t ever do that to me again!” Hermione yelped and gave him a slap on the arm.
Ron couldn’t help but laugh. Hermione was so predictable to him.
“Sorry, I couldn’t resist!” Ron confessed.

The two chased after one another all the way back up to the castle. By then it was lunchtime. Ron and Hermione decided to eat together, before finishing up their homework for the weekend. Surprisingly enough, Hermione had convinced Ron that he needed to actually do it before midnight on Sunday. Lunch that day consisted of roast turkey, pumpkin juice, mashed potatoes, and a fresh salad. Ron helped himself to a second helping of the potatoes, and afterwards they returned to the common room.

Ron plopped himself down in the nearest chair, and exclaimed, “Man am I stuffed,” quite loudly, giving an appreciative belch. Harry looked up from across the room, and gave a little smirk.

“Really Ron, if you can’t behave then I’m leaving,” Hermione threatened. She knew perfectly well that this comment would have no affect on her best friend, but she said it anyway. Ron showed her how much he cared by pretending to be asleep on his chair. To add a special effect, he began to snore.
“You’re so pathetic,” Hermione said as she passed by him, rolling her eyes.


Out of nowhere, Ron’s leg shot out faster than a bullet, and tripped Hermione. He quickly “awoke” and watched as Hermione yelped, tumbling down to the floor. Ron leaped up and had his arms around her waist just moments before she touched the carpet. They fell to the floor, and rolled over laughing hysterically. Hermione leaned over, and gave a small peck on Ron’s left cheek. He blushed furiously.
“Well, I can see this relationship is working,” Hermione kidded.

Ron retorted that he agreed, and kissed her gently on the nose.
Harry whispered over to Ginny, “I think this thing might actually work out for the best. Don’t you think?”
“Well, it certainly seems so.”
“Thanks for the support Ginny,” said Ron. All four of them smiled, and broke into a fit of laughter.