Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dedicated Watcher by angel_charlie

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Oh ... Rozabela! What will we do with her?
A very short chapter, I apologise. Sorry it took so long! xx
Chapter 4 – I could certainly tell he was a hopeless romantic



Saturday 31st October, Dormitory, 6:30am

Okay, yes - I am aware it is 6:30 in the morning. I am aware that I am slightly crazy for being up this early, but what I was not aware of was that my clock actually had a 6:30 in the morning. Do people really get up this early? If they do, where are they? And what should be my weapon of choice once I find these people?



The truth is that today is Hogsmeade day. Since I need to look fabulous for my date with Him, I got up early to get ready. Five and a half hours early, to be precise, seeing as we aren’t even leaving until twelve. It’s official - I am crazy!



Saturday 31st October, Bathroom, 7:30

I have had nice long hot bath, my fingers and toes may resemble a prune now, but at least I am relaxed. My hair smells of Jasmine and my facemask is applied; I can no longer move my face but I must suffer for beauty.



I might just go and have a lie down for half an hour… just half an hour, I promise!



Saturday 31st October, Dormitory, 11:50am

Oh double dung. Not good, not good! I have ten minutes. TEN MINUTES! I overslept. I woke up, with my facemask still on and scared myself half to death thinking I was dead because I couldn’t move my face!



I know for bloody certain that my clock has an 11:50. I have ten minutes till my date with Sirius and I am wasting it writing in my diary! Oh, Merlin’s flea-ridden beard, save me!



Saturday 31st October, Dormitory, 11:00pm

I think I might cry. In fact, I will cry. Actually, I am crying! Not only that but I have a sudden urge to burst into some tragic love ballad. My heart is broken. I shall never be able to live again. Please tie me to a pole and leave me to rot.



But be gentle with me. I still have the wounds.



I can hear you already yelling at me to get on with the story. So, I shall please your highness and get on with the tale.



Well, I re-awoke at 11:50; my own snoring managed to rouse me from my deep slumber. I am usually completely unaware of my “heavy breathing” and always deny any suggestions that I do, in fact, snore. But today I was almost ready to bow down and kiss my nasal passages’ feet, that is, if they have feet.



Anyhow, I awoke, looked at the time, screamed bloody murder and got dressed. I didn’t have time to eat; I counted licking some lip-gloss off my lips as breakfast. I was tired, hungry and rather annoyed at myself, but I looked amazing. I had pre-chosen my outfit and I am pure magic, literally, with an eyeliner pencil.



I rushed out of the castle, knocking over a huge seventh year – well, I technically knocked over myself by running into him. I legged it down the school drive and into Hogsmeade; luckily I was only twenty minutes late.



I walked into The Three Broomsticks and scanned my eyes around to find Sirius through the smoky haze. He was sitting in a private booth attached to a fifth year Hufflepuff’s face. I must admit, I was a little put off by this. But I recomposed myself and bought a butterbeer from Madame Rosemerta.



I strutted over to the two leeches, Sirius and the Hufflepuff,, and sat down. They didn’t seem to notice my presence so I coughed quietly. Their little match of tongue-tennis continued, totally oblivious to their newly arrived company. I coughed a little louder, but to no avail. I am not exactly the most patient student there ever was so I had myself a little cough attack and flailed my arms around like crazy. I didn’t mean to knock my warm butterbeer on her new jeans, I swear.



She ran out cursing me to hell and back over her ruined skinny jeans. Except, they weren’t supposed to be skinny jeans, the butterbeer made them shrink. So, really, she found it rather hard to run and instead waddled like a demented penguin.



I turned to face Sirius, looking as innocent as was possible after ruining someone’s newly-acquired autumn outfit, but he just beamed back at me. I must admit, that took me by surprise.



“Thanks for that. Her breath was starting to smell!” he announced, before continuing. “Fancy another butterbeer?”



“Oh, yes. Thank you.” I smiled pleasantly. That was pretty much the first normal thing I had said to him, ever!



“Hungry?” he asked



“Starving!” I replied.



“Chips or a sandwich?” he half asked me and half asked himself, whilst glancing down the pub menu.



“Both!” Can you blame me? I hadn’t had breakfast.



He glanced up from the worn piece of paper and smiled, melting my heart as though it was wax dripping off the stub of the blackened candle that was stood between us.



“That’s my girl!” he chuckled, causing me to blush. He went to the bar to order our lunch and drinks, leaving me to daydream of our future children.



Up until this point in the date everything was trundling along the tracks of everything that is normal. Notice how I say “up until this point”? Also notice how I say “trundling along the tracks of everything that is normal”? Yes, don’t worry about that, I made it up. It sounded cool at the time.



So, anyway, Sirius returned to our table clutching two butterbeers in his hands.



“The food will be along in a minute,” he grinned, making my heart, once again, resemble the candle infront of us. I was becoming slightly worried about the candle. It was giving off thick green fumes that didn’t smell particularly safe, or legal for that matter.



Soon enough, Madame Rosemerta was bustling over to our table, her red dress much tighter than it should be for any women with her waist size. I never did like Madame Rosemerta when she was in Hogwarts; she always got much more attention from boys than I ever did. Anyway, she set our plates of chips and sandwiches between us.



“Bon Appetite!” she said in her typical cockney accent.



“I think you’ll find it’s: Bon Appetite!” I repeated in what was my idea of a perfect French accent.



“That’s what I said, ain’t it?” She looked confusedly down at Sirius, who just shrugged his broad shoulders and began inhaling his long awaited lunch. He ate as if he hadn’t for days, which, I realised, is how he eats at every mealtime.



“So, Bland, onto business.” He spoke thickly through his sandwich, spraying pieces of bacon all over me. I secretly had the urge to wipe the partly masticated food off my forehead and treasure it forever; I resisted that particular urge. He continued without noticing half his lunch all over my face. “How are you getting on with your research with Evans?”



Luckily, I brought my notepad. I pulled it out of my bag and placed it on the table. It didn’t take me long to find the pages with the information on Lily, mainly because it occupied half my notebook. That girl sure can ramble.



“Good actually, that free period really was useful. I found some general stuff about her. Want to hear?” I asked him.



His mouth, now jam packed with chips, prevented him from speaking (although, don’t think he didn’t try; I now had tomato ketchup all over my face to keep the bacon company). He gestured for me to go ahead. I cleared my throat and began. “First of all, music - she has a great taste in bands, I discovered.” I began to recite the list she had given me. “She likes: Rolling Stones, Elvis Presley, Abba, Hot Chocolate, Led Zeppelin…”



He cut me off. “Tell you what, why don’t you just give me the list?” He was clearly confused by the amount of information I had just given him in the space of about three seconds. A bit put out, I ripped out the ten pages of information I had acquired and passed them over to Sirius. He scanned over the list before shoving it in his jeans’ pocket.



“Next plan of action is?” he cracked on.



I could certainly tell he was a hopeless romantic - not!



“Well, I was hoping you maybe could help me on that one.”



He downed the rest of his butterbeer and stood up. “To be honest, I haven’t thought about it. I’ll leave it to you to come up with. Just make sure it gets them together, and quickly. I can’t stand seeing Prongs moping around like this.” And with that, he began to walk out of the pub.



“I… What? Where are you going?” I called out to him. He stopped and turned around.



“Madame Puddifoot’s. I have a date in,” he looked at his watch, “five minutes.”



“Five minutes? You have another date? You’re in demand, aren’t you? Three dates in one day.” To be honest, I wasn’t surprised.



“Three dates? Erm, no, just the two.” He glanced around the pub before looking back at me.



“No, that Hufflepuff, me and this girl you’re about to meet,” I said, slowly counting off on my fingers. “That makes three, if I am not mistaken.”



I wasn’t mistaken. My mother was Muggle and I had gone to Muggle primary school, as a pure-blood Sirius obviously hadn’t learnt basic mathematical skills.



“You thought this was a…? You thought I asked you out on a…?” He doubled over laughing. I was clearly missing something here. “Rosy, this isn’t a date.”



Was it me or had the temperature risen about 100 degrees?



“It’s not?” I asked feebly, feeling my self turn about as red as the tomato ketchup dripping off my nose.



“No, it’s not. I invited you here so we could discuss Lily and James, which we have done, meaning I have to go and meet Natalie now.” He looked rather frightened of me all of a sudden. “What made you think this was a date, anyway?”



I pulled the letter he sent me out of my bag, fuming at my own ignorance. I had kept the note, can you blame me?



“Here, look. Meet one for a butterbeer and more if you’re lucky,” I recited. “What was I supposed to think?”



His eyes skimmed over the letter. He, once again burst out laughing, causing me to redden, if possible, even more.



“I …I …I…” he stammered through his fits of hysteria. “I meant “more” as in lunch. A butterbeer and maybe some lunch, if you’re lucky.”



With that I left the pub, in tears. How could he laugh at my humiliation? I think I have said this many times before, but it feels appropriate to say it again: DOUBLE DUNG!






Ok, here's the thing. It's coursework time yet again and I need your help. Should I post the chapter now, making it shorter then it would be but you will be getting you chapter a lot quicker, or leave it till the coursework is all done in a couple of weeks giving me a chance to write a longer chapter? Review with your answer :) fankooo xx