Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Dedicated Watcher by angel_charlie

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Notes: Took some time, I know! Coursework is weighing me down :(
xx enjoy p.s just so everyone is aware Jennifer Eynan's last name is pronounced eye-nun
Chapter 5 – Onward with this next escapade!

Sunday 1st November, Common Room, 10:30am
Does anybody actually care about the amount of emotional pain I am in? People just keep passing me by and laughing. It really hurts me. But do they care? Apparently not. As to how they found out, I have no clue. I am willing to bet that Natalie, the one Sirius had a date with, had something to do with it.

Life is rubbish and unfair!

I should probably start that flaming Potions essay, or at least try to find Lily’s so I can claim it as my own.

Monday 3rd November, Dormitory, 3:30am
Look at the ghastly hour! Something just woke me up. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t my snoring this time. It’s coming from the window.

This is strange; it’s a letter addressed to me. It says:

Miss Rozabela Bland,

I am extremely sorry for my behaviour on Saturday afternoon. It was uncalled for and it was not my intention to make you cry. But being the arrogant git that I am, I pay no attention to how others feel.


It looked as if the author of the letter had either had second thoughts about the last sentence or someone else had disagreed with it. It had been hastily scribbled out, so I could barely make it out. It carried on:

I feel terrible about how I treated you and hope I can make it up to you at some point. I am very busy in the upcoming weeks. But meet me on the first of December in the broom closet on the third floor at 9:30pm.

Sirius Orion Black


I think Sirius likes his middle name.

December? I can’t wait that long. What does he think I am, some sort of magical creature? I admit that it would be nifty if I was, but alas, it is not to be.

Back to the point… I have a month to wait for his apology. I wonder what it will be. I must stock up on lip-gloss, just in case! It is difficult to resist the urge to giggle loudly, but I’m afraid I will be bombarded with pillows if I do.

Friday 14th November, Defence Against the Dark Arts, 2:30pm
I just got three detentions. How totally unfair is that? Can you honestly imagine me in detention? My parents are going to kill me!
I was innocently trying to pass a note to Lily behind Professor Court’s back. But Lily, being the goody-two-shoes that she is, wouldn’t accept it.

As Court was writing about non-verbal disarming jinxes on the board, I leaned across the aisle between Lily’s desk and mine. She gave me a sidelong glance before returning back to her desk. Assuming that she was as blind as a bat, I carried on leaning over.

“Psst, Lily!” I whispered. She carried on ignoring me, determinedly writing notes faster than what was expected of a student. Eventually, she looked over at me and made wild gestures for me to go back to my work. What work is that exactly?

By this time I was leaning so far over my shoes were barely scraping the floor, and my bum was halfway off the seat.

“Rosy, please sit up, you idiot. What are you doing?” she whispered back, desperation in her voice. I hadn’t noticed that half the class was staring.

Court turned back towards the class. “So, we focus strongly upon our opposition and think about … Miss Bland, what on earth do you think you are doing?” I squealed in shock as Professor Court’s eyes fixed upon me.

The chair I was half leaning on was starting to crack under my weight; the two legs I was supported by were creaking threateningly. The shock Court gave me didn’t help the chair’s burden either. I jumped at the sound of his voice and the chair finally gave way.

Time seemed to stand still. I could feel the chair fall from underneath me. I hovered in mid-air for a tenth of a second before crashing onto the stone-flagon floor, limbs akimbo and knickers undoubtedly on show.

I struggled to stand up; the shirt I was wearing was far too tight. I wore it to try and move Sirius’ apology forward with my alluring bust. I finally stood up just as all the buttons burst off, leaving me standing in the middle of the Defence Against the Dark Arts classroom with a red face and my bra hanging out.

Not only did I get two detentions for passing notes, but I also got an extra one for indecent exposure in the middle of class. I never did like Professor Court.

Friday 14th November, Common room, 6:30pm
Professor Court kept me behind after class to discuss when I should have my detention. He took his time, I tell you.

“Miss Bland, what were you doing on the floor during my class today?” he asked, peering at me over his glasses.

“Erm… stretching,” I lied.

“Stretching on the floor?” he accused suspiciously.

“Well, my muscles were very tense!”

“Hmm, so it would seem. It looked to me as if you were passing notes. Did I see correct?” He gazed at me as if he was reading my mind. I nodded, unable to control my confession. “So you agree that you should sit three detentions with me?”

“No, I…” I protested but was interrupted.

“So you agree that you should sit three detentions with me?”

All right, all right, I got the hint.

“Yes, sir,” I reluctantly agreed.

“Good. Now let me see,” he checked his diary, “I am free next week sometime? Yes, is the twentieth of November ok for you?” It didn’t sound like a question and it didn’t sound like I should give an answer. Still, what could I do? “Now go, before you’re late for your next class.”

I was already five minutes late. But I turned to leave without protest.

“Oh, and Rozabela, I would change your blouse if I were you.” he said without looking up from the book he had returned to. I looked down; the whole front of my shirt was open, revealing my ‘alluring bust’.

Sunday 16th November, Breakfast, 10:00
Oh God! I have never been more humiliated. The owl post just arrived. Guess what landed infront of me? A howler. A bloody howler! It is from my dad; some brilliant parent, he is.

Apparently he has received a letter from Professor Mcgonagall about my behaviour in Defence Against the Dark Arts! God, I only passed a note to one of my friends. I hate my parents!

The scarlet envelope landed infront of me, already smoking. I didn’t even have a chance to open it before it blew up in my face.

“Rozabela Letitia Bland!” it screamed in my dad’s voice. “I have just been informed that you received three detentions! THREE! Do you realise the kind of stress this puts your mother and I under? You are our only child and you spend your time dallying around with makeup and tight shirts! Is this the young woman we brought you up to be? Someone who passes notes in class instead of concentrating on her work? Do you realise how much money it costs to send you to a school like Hogwarts? And you’re taking all our hard work for granted. Do you remember the chat we had last year about your terrible O.W.L grades? Nothing higher than an Acceptable!

If I hear one more word about any of these shenanigans ever again I will bring you straight home! I don’t care if it’s for blowing up the school or missing a homework assignment. You are drawing far too much attention to yourself, and who knows the sort of danger you could be putting yourself and our family into. I am absolutely infuriated. You better keep your head down, young lady, or there will be trouble!

Oh, and your mother wants to send you some new underwear, and she wants to know which size to get. Are you still a size 14 or have you gained weight since we saw you last?
”

I don’t know how he can lecture me about not drawing attention to myself while the whole bloody school is staring at me because of his howler!

After the scarlet envelope had burnt into ashes, the Great Hall returned to its normal buzz of chatter. I stayed silent, however; absolutely fuming at my Dad.


Thursday November 20th, Dormitory, 11:59pm
I just got back from the first of the three detentions that I received.

I walked into the classroom to find only two other occupants: a girl from Slytherin, whom I didn’t know the name of, and James Potter himself. Both were on opposite sides of the room from each other. James was lounging back on his chair, feet on the desk and one hand in his hair. He gave me a nod when I entered. The other girl was staring intently at James with a creepy, half smile plastered on her face. She made no movement to suggest that she had noticed me come in.

She had long, dirty blonde hair that reached to the middle of her back, and a side fringe that almost covered her left eye entirely. She had eyes that seemed to reveal everything about her – some evil girl that is. I couldn’t tell. The other thing I noticed about her appearance was that she had huge boobs! I wouldn’t be surprised if they knocked her out whilst she walked. Surely she couldn’t stand up straight with two Mount Everests hanging from her chest!

I snorted at this thought, and made my way to sit at the back, where I could watch both James, for obvious reasons, and the girl, just in case she pounced on him.

Luckily, she didn’t. Court entered as soon as I sat down. He looked around at all three of us before making an announcement.

“Oh, good, everyone is here.” Couldn’t he see that there were three people in the room? Idiot. “Can anyone tell me what tonight is?” I thought this was supposed to be a detention not a lecture. Nobody put his or her hand up. “No? What about you, Miss Eynan?”

The Slytherin answered in a heavy Welsh accent. “How should I know?”

Professor Court frowned at her before turning to me. “Any ideas, Miss Bland?”

“Erm, the 20th November?” What was I supposed to say? Court cracked a smile before turning to James who was counting something off on his fingers “Potter?”

“Half moon, sir?” he answered. How the hell did he work that out?

“Excellent, 5 points to Gryffindor. Tonight is half moon, and therefore the perfect time to go, for want of a better word, fishing.” I stared at him confused.

“Sir, I don’t like fish,” I said, annoyed at myself for having opened my mouth. Eynan snorted at my statement, earning a glare from James and me – he has always had a disliking for Slytherins, and was used to my idiotic antics.

“Miss Bland, not that kind of fish, I’m afraid. This type of fishing will be a lot more demanding of your energy and concentration, so I suggest you listen carefully if you want to come back alive tonight,” he lectured. I didn’t like the sound of that.

“Oh good, Holly won’t like it if I come back smelling of fish!” James announced, grinning. “But then again, she might do. I haven’t asked her!”

Who the hell is Holly?

“Thank you, Potter. We don’t need to know about your girlfriend’s kinky fetishes. Save them for the bedroom.” Eynan said, and then sneered at James, causing his grin to spread even wider.

Girlfriend? He has a girlfriend? Oh, not good, not good at all!

“That I will, Miss Jennifer Eynan, that I will!” He chuckled as Jennifer gagged.

“That’s enough! Let’s get back to this detention,” Court said, his temper rising, obviously losing his rag with Jennifer and James. They both stopped glaring at each other and returned their attention to the front of the classroom. “Thank you! Tonight we shall be searching for the Kappa that has found its way into the lake. The half moon should draw it from its hiding place, as will we. Now, if we are not extremely careful it will strangle us. So I warn you, with the utmost urgency, that you concentrate. Otherwise it will be tonight that you will meet your dreadful demise.”

That didn’t sound good. I didn’t want to be strangled! I have only just bought this necklace.

He has a girlfriend?

“It just so happens that we will soon be learning about Kappas in class; you three will therefore have a head start in the assignments, having had first hand experience. Now, let us be off, I trust you bought your dragon hide gloves with you, as I instructed.”

Whoops.

After the night’s detention ended, we had managed to escape the Kappa, which is a random monkey that lives in water, without any one being fatally injured, unless you count James hexing Jennifer.

But it was a close one.

Night!

Monday, 1st December, 9:30am, Breakfast

Today’s the day; today’s the day! I can’t wait till tonight!

I feel like roaring. I guess I am some kind of magical creature and can wait that long! And evidently, this animal is one that can roar!

Ok, yes, I know this has become a tangent! Stop me before my tongue drops off.

Monday, 1st December, 12:30, Charms

Lily is really starting to pee me off! She keeps on lecturing me about how I deserved that detention and howler.

“Well I did tell you not to pass me the note!” she said, yet again.

“Yes, I know you did. But since when have I listened to you?” I replied.

She scoffed. “Fine, but just remember, if you had listened to me you wouldn’t be decapitating cockroaches in the dungeons. Think about it, Rosy.”

“What was that, sorry? All I caught from your incoherent babbling was: ‘Fine, but just remember that Lily Evans is a stupid carrot- topped cockroach with hairy armpits. Want to look, Rosy?’”

With that she turned back to her work. Such a shame, I wouldn’t have minded looking at her armpits.

Monday, 1st December, 9:20pm, Dormitory

Oh my god! Oh my god! It’s time!

Lip gloss applied?

Check.

Irresistible hair?

Check.

Onward with this next escapade...