Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Photographs by chocomaniac

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hi again guys!!! Thankyou to all my great readers, and especially to the fabulous people who reviewed!!!!! This chapter has been rejected two times, but third time lucky, I say! I'll do the disclaimer at the end so I don't give away any hints/surprises. Happy reading!


Chapter 2
Harry rolled over in bed, looking at the blurred shapes around his bedroom and trying to determine what had happened mere hours before. He felt a familiar lump rise in his throat, and tears welling up in his bottle green eyes. He stopped them, knowing that crying had never solved anything before; and probably wouldn’t help now.

Ginny. Alive. Ginny’s alive! He wanted to laugh out loud at the thought. Remembering what had come after the initial meeting, however, made this new-found happiness disappear as suddenly as it had come.

“Hi Harry,” she said innocently.

“Ginny?” he said hoarsely, sinking into the chair behind him, his eyes full of the pain and suffering of all their years apart.

“Why didn’t you come and find me, Harry?”

“Find you?” he said incredulously, “I practically combed the whole of Europe! All these years.... where’ve you been, Gin? I thought you were dead.”

“Dead?” she faintly, running her fingers through her shimmering hair.

“What was I supposed to think, Gin? You just disappeared. You didn’t tell anyone where you went, and nobody knew, so we just assumed…” he looked close to breaking down, his shoulders shaking, and Ginny noticed that his eyes had lost their spark; it had been gone for many years.

“Oh, Harry,” she said tenderly, brushing her hand against his cheek.

All of a sudden, he found himself pulling her into his arms, her fingers in his hair and his hands on her back. He kissed her, pulling her deeper inside himself, doing what he’d wanted to do for so many years. He lifted his mouth from hers, and heard soft footsteps on the stairs; Sara was coming.

He gently pushed Ginny off him, stepping backwards as he did so. He grabbed Ginny’s wand and threw it into the far corner of the room. Sara appeared at the living room door, peering curiously at Ginny; she was staring at Sara with daggers in her eyes.

“Oh, hey Sara. This is Ginny; she’s an old friend of mine. Ginny, this is Sara.”

Ginny looked at him, her eyes full of hurt and betrayal. She seemed to realise that she was meant to say something, so she turned back to Sara and said, “Hey Sara, nice to meet you.”

“You too, Ginny,” then she turned to Harry and said, “how come I haven’t met her before, sweetie? You always hide your friends from me!”

Harry cringed as she said ‘sweetie’, “Me and Ginny haven’t been in contact for a few years. She’s going to visit some relatives, but she couldn’t find the hotel in the storm, so she was wondering whether she could stay here for the night. You don’t mind, do you?”

“Of course not! Any friend of Harry’s is a friend of mine! But tell me, Ginny, has he always had that scar? Because I really think he should have it removed; it does take away from his exceeding hunkyness.”

“Yeah, he’s had it as long as I’ve known him. It’s kind of become his trademark.”

“Well I suppose I’ll have to live with it then.” She yawned, “I’ll head back up to bed. Can you show Ginny around, honey?”

“Sure, I’d be glad to.”

Harry waited until he heard their bedroom door click shut before turning back to Ginny, whose pale features were shining with tears.

“How could you, Harry?”

“Gin-”

“You said you would always wait for me, Harry! You told me you loved me!”

“I do love you, Gin. I’ll always love you”

“Just not as much as her.”

“No, Gin-”

“I thought you meant what you said! Now I know that it was all a lie!”

“Ginny, listen.”

“No! You have nothing to say that could interest me, Harry Potter! I don’t care what you thought, or what you think now! I thought you were different; I thought you cared about me. But I must have been mistaken.”

With that, she turned and walked out of the house, to be soaked once again in the pouring rain. She ran silently down the dark street and disappeared into the night.



***


Ginny woke in the morning, her vision obscured by large amounts of red hair and the tears still leaking out of her eyes. She wiped the tears from her face and pulled her hair into a loose ponytail. Ginny walked into the tiny kitchen that came with her hotel room and reached into her pocket for her wand, but to her great surprise, it wasn’t there.

I must’ve lost it running here, she thought, scorning herself for being so stupid. Then suddenly she remembered seeing Harry grabbing it and throwing it away, and the yelled conversation that had come after.

She shook the memories off her and turned on the muggle radio, which she liked to listen to. She set to work making breakfast, with a song called ‘Because of You’ playing in the background.

She was just settling down to eat her breakfast when she heard a rustling sound at the window. She turned around to see a flash of white feathers swoop past her head and land on the table in front of her. It was Hedwig, Harry’s beautiful snowy owl, carrying a rather bulky envelope.

She took the envelope from her, and waited for her to take off so she could throw the letter away. Hedwig had other ideas, though. She was obviously waiting for Ginny to read the letter before she went home. Grumbling into her bacon, Ginny roughly tore open the envelope, to find her wand, a piece of parchment, and three photographs. She stuffed her wand back into her pocket, put the photos down on the table, and picked up the parchment. At first she was confused by what she saw, but then began to see what the words in front of her meant.

This time, this place
Misused, mistakes
Too long, too late
Who was I to make you wait?
Just one chance, just one breath
Just in case there’s just one left
‘Cause you know, you know, you know.

That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I miss you
Been far away for far too long
I keep dreaming you’ll be with me
And you’ll never go
Stop breathing if I don’t see you anymore

I wanted, I wanted you to stay
‘Cause I needed, I needed to hear you say
That I love you
I have loved you all along
And I forgive you
For being away for far too long
I forgive you
I hope you forgive me too.


Ginny put the paper down, her heart pumping hard and fast in her chest. Then a smile crept onto her face as she recognised the author of the lyrics that she was reading; Nickelback was her favourite muggle band.

Ginny picked up the three pictures and looked at them. Each of them appeared to have a paragraph or two of writing on the back. The first picture was of Ginny standing with her family, Harry and Hermione out the front of the burrow. Fred and George’s heads seemed to have disappeared. She turned it over and read what was on the back.

Look at this photograph,
Every time I do it makes me laugh.
My eyes get so red.
What the hell’s on Fred and George’s heads?


Her smile spread wider; though her eyes were filling with tears. She vaguely recognised these words as more lyrics. She looked at the next picture, which was of a very tidy house standing in a street of very similar-looking houses, with large shiny cars sitting in the driveways. On the letterbox was a number four.

This is where I grew up,
All the Dursleys did was fix it up.
I never knew I ever went without.
Under the stairs is where I sat it out.


The last photo showed four figures in their mid-teens, one with messy black hair, one with bushy brown hair, and two with red hair, who looked like brother and sister. In the background was a humongous castle fronted by a vast black lake.

This is where I went to school,
Most of the time had other things to do
Ministry says that I broke out twice
I must’ve done it half a dozen times

I wonder if it’s too late
Should I go back and try to graduate
Life’s better now than it was back then.
If you were them would you let me in?


Ginny sighed to herself as she watched Hedwig sail through the window; this must’ve taken him ages. Why did he have to make it so hard for her to hate him?




Well, everybody, how was that??? I'm just dying to know what you all think. Anyway, just incase any of you are a bit slow, I do not own Harry Potter, or any of the characters except Sara, who is of my own creation. Also, the songs are both originally by Nickelback, even if I have twisted the words.

Until next time..........

chlo
xoxoxoxoxoxox