Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

To Love Once More by chocomaniac

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Hey everybody! I don't know about you, but i just love Hermione/Weasley twin fics! I hope you enjoy this one, and tell me if it gets too cliche.




Unexpected Meeting
Hermione Granger was running along a busy London street, being jostled by the crowd, looking down every side street, searching for one thing. There! A quiet lane, with not a muggle - person, she corrected herself - in sight. She hurried down the lane until she reached a large clearing, before looking to check that no-one was around. She reached into her bag, and pulled out a long, thin, velvet pouch that she hadn’t opened in over five years, after she’d left Hogwarts and the wizarding world forever.

But now was different. Sure, she hadn’t performed a spell since she’d left Hogwarts. And she hadn’t spoken to her two best friends since she’d said a falsely cheerful goodbye at Kings Cross station at the end of their seventh year, before she’d gone into hiding from the wizarding world.

She didn’t want to go back. She wanted to stay here, in her safe, secret world, hidden away from the horrors of the war that was raging just beyond her door. That was the reason she’d left, to protect herself from this war, and to try and forget that she was a witch. She had done this, and she lived like any other muggle for many years, only remembering the other world that she loved, and yet feared, deep in the night, after waking from sleep. She felt disgusted at her behaviour, disgusted that she, Hermione Granger, one of the greatest witches of her time, could be so spineless, while her friends fought and died around her.

And this is why Hermione knew that she had to go back. She knew that she had been gone for long enough, that she had shown enough cowardice to last her a lifetime. She knew that for once in her adult life, she had to show the same bravery that she’d shown as a child, the bravery that Ron and Harry- especially Harry- had given her.

Hermione was awoken from her thoughts by someone tapping her on her side. She jumped, surprised, then turned to see who it was. At first she couldn’t see anyone, but then she looked down to see a small girl with flaming red hair, who looked about three years old. Hermione was sure that she had never seen this girl before, and yet, the girl had some features that she could faintly recognise as belonging to someone else.

She noticed that she was still holding her wand pouch, and hurriedly stowed it back into her bag before turning back to the small girl who was looking up at her with tears in her eyes.

“Hello,” Hermione said, putting on that voice that everyone reserves for children, “what’s your name?”

The girl seemed to think for a while, deciding whether the stranger was trustworthy, before saying, “Georgie.”

“Well Georgie, what’s the matter?” Hermione said gently.

“I c-c-can’t find my mummy and daddy!” Georgie wailed.

“It’s okay, it’s okay,” Hermione reassured her, “we’ll find them. Just tell me what happened.”

“We was walking to the park,” she said, calming down a bit, “but then I went to pat a puppy, and then I came back, and they was gone.”

“Okay Georgie,” Hermione said, “how about we go back to your house and wait for your mum and dad.”

So Hermione took hold of the little girl’s hand, and followed her for about five minutes, until they reached a clean, tidy looking street, where they stopped in front of a white townhouse with a few flowerbeds in front of it. They sat down on the front steps and Hermione invented some games to entertain Georgie while they waited. Hermione pulled her beanie on over her bushy hair, and, noticing that Georgie was shivering, took off her jacket and wrapped it around the small girl, giggling to herself at how comical she looked.

After about half an hour, there was a sudden cry of “Georgie!” and two people suddenly descended upon them, picked up Georgie and began to hug and fuss over her, like any other young parents.

Seeing that Georgie was alright, Hermione stood and began to walk back down the street, when she heard a call of “Wait!”

She turned, and walked back to the house, where the family were standing, waiting for her. When she reached them, the mother, a pretty blonde woman of about twenty-four, hugged her, saying “We’re so thankful for what you did for us. Who knows what could’ve happened to Georgie?”

“It was nothing,” Hermione said, embarrassed, “I’m glad I could help,” before she turned to face the father, then did a double take.

“Fred?” she said, amazed that after avoiding everyone for so many years, that this could be sprung on her so easily.

He looked at her inquisitively for a moment, trying to figure out who this person was, and how she knew his name. Then he turned white as a ghost, as comprehension dawned on his face, and he simply stared for a few moments, before choking out, “Hermione?”

“It’s such a surprise to see you again!” she said, “I had no idea that you were married.”

“Hermione?” the blonde broke in, “as in Hermione Granger? I haven’t seen you for years! I’m Alicia, by the way, Alicia Spinnet. I was on the Quidditch team with Harry, remember? Are you still friends with Harry? Well this is a surprise! I’m going out with a friend in a minute, but you’re welcome to stay with Georgie and Fred if you like.” She said all this without stopping for breath, and then hurried inside, leaving Hermione with Fred and Georgie.

Fred picked up Georgie and began to walk inside, then turned to face Hermione and motioned for her to do the same. She followed him into the kitchen, the awkwardness mounting as she saw photos of Fred and Alicia’s wedding, their honeymoon, of Georgie’s first birthday. How could he have gotten over her so quickly? Tears began to drip down her face as she remembered that she had broken it off because she hadn’t wanted to hurt him, but she knew that he had still loved her. Had he really forgotten what had happened between them?

All this time, she had hung onto that one hope, the fact that she was wanted by someone, even if he had no reason to do so. It had kept her sane, that thought, but now she knew that it had been mere wishful thinking, and she was alone once more.




That's it until the next chapter. I'm sorry if that was a bit boring, but the action doesn't really begin until next chapter.
Luv you all
chlo xoxo