Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

James and Lily: Hate and Love: Life and Death by immortal_evil

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Lily Evans was standing next to the barrier separating her from platform 9 3/4. She held onto her trolley tightly as she hugged her mother and father, saying their last good-byes.

“Alright, dear, are you sure you have everything?” Mrs. Evans asked Lily, while stroking Lily’s auburn hair.

“Yes, mum,” Lily answered, inspecting her truck, as if she could see through it and see everything inside. “My broomstick, my owl, all my books…”

Her father took a breath and said, “We’re so proud of you being head girl and all.”

“Thank you,” Lily answered, her hand reaching up to touch her badge pinned on her. She tied up her hair in a bun. She thought that it would support her Head Girl badge.

All was quiet for a minute, except for the shouts of muggles late for their train, engines roaring, and trolley wheels scraping against the Kings Cross Station floor.

“Well, good-bye, then. I’ll send you an owl as soon as I get to Hogwarts.” Lily turned to leave, when her father stopped her.

“Lily…?” he asked.

“Yes?”

“I want you to be extra careful this year, you know, with… with You-Know-Who all over the place. Always follow directions. And never go anywhere without a friend. And listen carefully to Dumbledore. He knows what to do.”

“Of course.”

Silence one again resumed. Then, Lily started waling to the barrier between platforms nine and ten. She turned around, leaned to the side, and shouted, “Good-bye Petunia!”

Petunia, Lily’s sister, just glanced at Lily and stuck up her nose.

“Hurry up, honey, if you want a good seat!” her mom advised. Lily nodded, even though she knew she was an hour early and was guaranteed the entire train to herself, checked to make sure no muggles were watching, and dragged her trolley between the platforms.

When she reached the other side, she bumped hard into something, or someone, and fell to the floor. Her trolley tipped over, spilling her trunk. Her owl cage burst open and her owl flew to the top of the train.

Lily brushed some loose hair out of her face. A large stone dropped in her stomach with astonishment when she saw James Potter staring down at her. James Potter was the last person she had planned on bumping into.

“You!” Lily gasped, “What are you doing here?” Her green eyes darted from James, to the wand in his hand, and three other figures on the platform.

“I… nothing…” James said, meekly, stuffing the wand in his pocket. “You look, er, nice.”

Lily just scoffed. James Potter, the immature boy who had been asking her out for her entire Hogwarts years, wasn't exactly a reassuring sight. She reached over to retrieve her trunk when James leaped forward and said, “No, I’ll get it.” He ran forward, and grabbed her trunk. Lily snatched it from his hands.

“Thank you, Potter,” Lily said stiffly. She strolled over to the train and dragged her trunk onto the train. Her owl fluttered on her shoulder. Taking one last look at Potter and his comrades, she boarded the train.
~
“Ha, ha. Nice one, Prongs.” Sirius Black, James’ friend, laughed and pointed at him.

“What’s so funny?” James demanded.

“Ha, ha. You.” Sirius then did a crude imitation of James. “‘Oh, Lily, let me carry your bags!’ ‘Oh Lily, you look absolutely stunning today.’ ‘Oh, Lily!’ Just ask her out already, moron!”

James quickly had his wand back in his hand.

“This duel isn’t over, Black!” he chortled. Before Sirius could react, James had sent a curse hurtling in his direction.

Sirius blinked and then, a flask of bubble pink light, and he was on the floor, giggling madly, like a ticklish toddler.

Through his giggles, Sirius was able to return a spell. A red flash later, James was flipped upside-down, blood filling his head.

Remus Lupin, who had been watching Sirius and Potter duel before Lily had arrived, was leaning against the wall with his arms crossed in disapproval.

“You know,” he said in semi-bossy voice, “You should really stop that.”

“Why?” James’ voice was hoarse, as his head had become a red beacon.

“Because,” Remus continued, “Someone could get hurt.”

“I’m taking this like a MAN, Remus,” Sirius giggled. He was sitting on the floor, with a hand over his mouth in an effort to stop the uncontrollable silly laughing.

“Oh yeah, Padfoot,” James agreed sarcastically, crossing his arms, “You really sound like it.”

Sirius giggled again. No one was sure if it was James’ curse or Sirius’ free will.

“Anyway,” James continued, “What if we come across You-Know-Who? We need to be prepared to fight to our deaths.”

Lily, who had just exited the train with a book in her arm, had heard the comment and she felt a wave of disbelief flow over her.

“You think this is funny, Potter?” she interrogated. James’s head whipped around. “You think that You-Know-Who is funny? Consider yourself LUCKY if You-Know-Who makes you hang upside-down instead of torturing you to insanity!” She scanned James’s position. She then blinked and moved her head as if to say, “Oh well.”

“I’ll be sure to keep that in mind, Evans.” James eyed her badge and added, “I like your badge.” His eyes sparkled with joy. This year was going to be somewhat better than the past few.

Lily’s eyes rolled up and she sat down on a bench and opened up the large, brown-ish red book with its title in gold.

“What book is that?” James asked.

Lily ignored him.

“Oh, it’s called ‘Reviving Spells.’ Sounds fascinating,” he croaked.

Lily just shifted in her seat.

James tried to say something else, but he could no longer talk properly. His voice was extremely hoarse and he couldn’t breathe properly. He gasped for air. Nothing came in. He coughed frantically. He tried to scream, but all that came out was a small stream of air. His lungs were fit to burst.

Blackness caved in and Sirius’s spell faded away. The last James remembered was lack of air, a loss of consciousness, and the ground coming up to meet him.





A/N: I really appreciate you reading my fanfiction. Please leave reviews on my chapters, whether you have good things to say (or bad), or even conscructive critism. This is my first fanfiction, so I would like some help/encouragement. Thanks!!!!!

Signed

Immortal Evil person-thing