Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Whatever You Do by Emily_the_Poet

[ - ]   Printer Table of Contents

- Text Size +
disclaimer: SOOOO not my characters!!!!!! the plot is mine but I so stole your characters SORRY JO!



Whatever You Do, Don’t Drink the Champagne



The rain falls upon the window of my horse-drawn carriage as I gaze up at the foreboding sky. I look back to where it started, at my own castle, Hogwarts, and then look to where it will end; Little Hangleton and the Riddle Manor.

Tonight is the night, and it’s King Voldemort or me this time. His tyrannous reign will come to an end tonight, and whether or not I die doing my duty to the Order will not matter.

The love of my life, my dear Harry did not return from his mission a fortnight ago. They told me this mission was suicidal, but maybe I wish it to be so, so I may dwell again with my beloved.

Gazing upwards to the heavens I remember the first time he made me laugh…


My dear Harry was hiding from my lovesick friends among the branches of the forbidden forest when I went to find him. After almost an hour of searching, I discovered a clipping from his tattered tunic on one of the lower branches. Not wanting to disrupt him I silently gracefully clambered up
the tree after him.


He didn’t know I was in the tree with him, so I shuffled a branch to alert my presence. He jumped to his feet instantaneously, but the sudden movement caused the branch to sway. His arms circled ridiculously, trying to regain balance, but it was too late and his feet had slipped from the tree. I gasped as he started to fall.


It’s amazing how long moments like that can last. I thought he was going to keep falling but at the last possible moment, his hand caught the branch.

“A little help?” He asked, as he struggled to right himself. I remember I giggled every few seconds at the hilarious sight as I helped him up. He chased me for hours later around the lake for it, and my jealous friends watched in envy as he picked me up in his arms, carried me into the lake and dunked me under the warm water. With that motion, he had my heart. From that moment, I knew I would love him until the end of time.


The rocking of the carriage shakes me from my pensieve and for the moment, I let my memories float along like a soft breeze before a storm. I select another: our first discussion…

“So you’re on the run from the king?” I remember asking.

“It was a prophecy,” he paused wondering how much information to divulge, “Made at my birth, by Sybill Trelawney, that I would be the one to vanquish the Dark King.” I was horrified at the thought: my dear Harry, a murderer! I shuddered slightly.

Don’t tell me anymore, I pleaded mentally but aloud I said “And you’re sure it is you?”

He nodded solemnly “Everything fits, I was marked as his equal ever since I was just one year old, when my father and mother faced him for the forth time, and when he killed them, my mother gave me a power that he knows not.”


He looked pleadingly into my eyes as if wishing that I would accept him even with this horrible information about him was true. I gave him what he needed, by looking back, my eyes full of love.


“I wish I had never met him, so I wouldn’t have to feel this pain.” I think to myself, as I sidle back into my seat. I long for him to be beside me. I fall back into the memories, though thinking of him is painful. I pulled another memory from the pensieve: when under the cover of nightfall we accomplished our first mission for the order…


I remember slaying all Voldemort’s guard, of our false “King”, as he called himself, one by one to complete our first mission. I did this, knowing that it was a war. I remember the horrible pangs of guilt I felt to be killing someone’s son, and slipping away in the night, as if we were never there.

I remember yelling at him afterwards for not telling me beforehand what the mission was. He let me scream for a while, taking it like a stone, knowing all the while how scared I was; for now, I too had killed.


His vivid green eyes read me like the pages of an open book, taking in every curve, every thought. I remember leaning against the oak tree, where I had first met him. He placed his right hand against the tree, just above my head, his left hand stroked my cheek till it came to rest just above my chin; he leaned in hoping I wouldn’t stop him. Our lips touched once; then again, longer.


It was then that I pushed him away. I loved him, and I would have screamed it to the world, but I couldn’t, not then. I was still too drained by my task from that night. He knew this, and he let me be; another reason I loved him. He knew I didn’t want to have something so precious to me happen on a night I so waned to forget.


I stare glassy eyed out the window again. All of a sudden, the sadness breaks over me like a wave. Before now, it had been just shock and disbelief that I held; he was dead. But now, faced with the reality of it, the sadness pummels me into oblivion.


My friend, Hermione, and my brother, Ronald, tried in vain since he left to soothe the pain, but still I wish more than anything to be with him. In my heart though, I must now remain. Once again, I view his wand, phoenix feather and all.


Before he left me, he told me that if he didn’t come back, then to make sure that his first wand, the very one I hold, is used to make King Voldemort’s cold heart stop beating. My promise is the only thing that keeps me from taking the wand and killing myself where I sit. Voldemort took the one thing I ever cared for and destroyed him. Now he will pay the ultimate price.


The carriage pulls to a stop and I step out into the cold night,
dressed in my best, to attend the King’s Annual Ball. The wand is tucked firmly in folds of my satin sash. I enter the magnificent throne room hearing Harry’s warm voice in the back of my head.


“He’s onto us Ginny,” He told me in our sanctuary amongst the trees of the forest. “Voldemort will stop at nothing until I am dead. And then he will proceed to destroy everyone I ever cared about.”


He shoved his old wand into my hand, “Use it on him, should I fail. Promise me.” I took it from him obediently as a tear rolled down my cheek.


“I promise,” I choked in a whisper.


“I love you Gin. You know that it’s the only thing that keeps me alive, don’t you? That we love each other.” Those words just made the tears come faster as I collapsed into his arms, sobbing as he showered me with kisses and warm words.


I enter the ballroom sliding out the wand and a vial of poison; one for the king and one for myself when the job is done, but before they can slide out completely, a young gentleman asks for a dance.


I agree and once on the floor he says, “Lift my mask.” He says with a voice my heart hopes it recognizes. Curiously, my heart beating wildly, I raise the mask so it rests on his forehead.


Beneath is my beloved Harry. I cling to him as if I were drowning. He kisses my cheek, then my lips, once, twice. “How I had hoped you would share in the glory of this night. Do you have my wand?” He asks me.


I move so he can see it in my sash. “Well you needn’t worry about them anymore.”


I try to question him further but he doesn’t speak. The lady Bellatrix offers up a toast to our great king. He himself doesn’t take a glass; apparently his stomach is too weak for it, but I grab one from a server and down it quickly celebrating a far greater cause in my eyes.

Harry automatically looks worried. I vaguely notice he hadn’t taken champagne. I wander gracefully over to him, letting the effects of the champagne take control. I feel light-headed as always, just like when I was a child, but there’s something else this time.


My corset feels tight and the airy fabric feels as if it is suffocating me. I close my eyes, and pry them open fighting the muscles that won’t allow them to open. I force them open, force the muscles in my body to obey. My throat feels tight and I can’t breath. My legs turn to putty and I start to
collapse.


Harry is by my side the moment I start to fall helping me down. “You shouldn’t have drunk the champagne my love.” He whispers in an agonized voice, as he lowers me to the floor. I do not comprehend things well anymore, though I do realize everyone around me is behaving similarly.

Everyone is dead where they fell, but I struggle to live to see the outcome. Harry and the king alone seem unaffected. I watch them both as my heartbeat begins to slow.

Harry kisses me once before taking the wand from my sash. King Voldemort kneels beside his wife, the Lady Bella. “I'll kill you for this,” He says to Harry drawing his wand.


Harry mutters a spell I do not really hear and watches the dead man crumple to the floor. I struggle to breath. The moment he is dead Harry rushes to me. He pulls my body into his arms holding me tight. He holds the wand to his chest. “You are my one and only love.” He whispers to me.

My breathing is shallow and I barely have the strength to raise my hand to his cheek and gasp, “As you are to me.” My weak voice pains him; I can see it in his face.


“I am sorry for the pain my poison has caused you. Fear not my love, I will follow you.” And before I shut my eyes for one final time I hear him whisper, “I should have told you that, do not drink the champagne.” And then the spell was said and my eyes closed for the very last time, full of a vivid green light and knowing my love had followed me to the grave.


*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*~~~~*

Please review I promise I'll respond to it! Thanks to Rache and Harry_Potter_Star for being first to review! The sequel I promised is NOT coming I may add a sequel when I get any brainblasts but i wont be writing more on this one for quite a while. I hope you like the story. PLEASE REVIEW