Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The New Girl by loonyluna22

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: People, you need to review. Please raise your right hand and recite: “I solemnly swear I will review after I have read this Chapter” Thankies! Enjoy the chappy!




They finished eating and went up to the common room after Hermione and Ron gave the prefects instructions. Hermione and Ron were Head Boy and Head Girl, but they didn’t want to stay in the Head’s Common Room. Even though it was nice, they wanted to be with Harry, Ginny and their other friends. They said the password, “Kneazle”, and went inside. Jen grinned as she walked into the magnificent Gryffindor Common Room. The great walls were rose red, and the fire blazed and crackled setting a pleasant glow on the big red chairs.

“Wow! This place is beautiful!” she exclaimed, slowly entering the room.

Everyone laughed. Ron threw himself in a comfy red chair and laid back. Hermione went upstairs to let Crookshanks out of his carrying cage. Harry went down and sat by Ron. Jen continued exploring the common room. Soon, Hermione came back down stairs. She set Crookshanks down on the floor.

“Now that’s better, isn’t?” she cooed, stroking the ginger cat.

“Oh, what a pretty cat,” Jen said taking a break from her exploring to see the cat. She walked over, examined Crookshanks and chuckled.

“That’s no cat you have there, Hermione. That is a Kneazle.”

“Huh?” Hermione said with a puzzled look.

“Yep, I know my magical creatures. Kneazles are almost identical to cats, but they have bigger ears and are always spotted, specked, calico, ginger, or striped,” she said looking proudly at Crookshanks. “I love to learn about magical creatures. I’ve read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them about a hundred times!”

“Wow Crookshanks! I never knew,” Hermione said to Crookshanks.

Neville and Ginny came in right after that. They had apologetic smiles on there faces.

“Err, sorry we didn’t meet with you on the train. We couldn’t find your compartment. Believe me; we didn’t have a good time. We had to sit by two first year boys. They were total gits; they were shoving quarters up their noses. I bet they are going to be the future Crabbe and Goyle. Sorry we didn’t catch you at the table either. Neville and I are prefects, as you know, and McGonagall wanted to talk to us,” Ginny said rolling her eyes. Everyone laughed, and then she noticed Jen.

“You’re the American girl, aren’t you? I see you have made friends with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Well anyway, my name is Ginny and this is Neville. I’m Ron’s little sister, and Neville is our friend.”

“Hello. My name’s Jen, and yeah I am the American girl,” she smiled at Ginny and Neville.

They sat in their favorite chairs and talked for what seemed like hours. Soon everyone filtered out of the common room, but not before pointing, staring, or coming up and saying, “Wow, you’re the girl from America!” to Jen. She just nodded to them and told them her name. Ginny and Neville went to bed after a while, and then so did Harry. Ron just wasn’t tired and Hermione wanted to study a little before classes tomorrow.

Harry went up to the dormitory and changed into his pajamas. Seamus, Dean, and Neville were already asleep. He could hear Neville’s muffled snores. He got into bed and pulled the curtains closed. He lay in his bed for what seemed like hours, and then realized he couldn’t sleep. He kept thinking about Jen. How they met her, how pretty she was, how her blue eyes sparkled in the light.

He decided to get up and get some water. Then he saw that Ron’s bed was still empty.

I wonder why Ron hasn’t gone to bed yet, it must be really late. He thought maybe Ron just fell asleep on the sofa and started to go down the stairs to wake him up. But, instead of finding Ron sleeping on the sofa, he found Ron and Hermione snogging on the sofa! As surprised as he was, he felt bad walking in on them like this and started to make his way back up the stairs. Too late, they heard him.

“Harry! Um… uh…,” Hermione stuttered, blushing.

“Err, I’m sorry. I just noticed Ron wasn’t in bed and I wanted to see what he was doing, but while I’m down here I might as well ask what’s going on,” he said, staring at them with a puzzled look.

“Well me and Hermione have actually been together for a while,” Ron admitted as Harry sat down on a chair across from them. “Sorry we didn’t tell you sooner mate, but you were so angry with us being alone for two weeks over the summer, and Sirius…” Ron regretted what he said. They hadn’t talked about Sirius’s death for a while.

“It’s ok,” Harry said with a slightly pained look. He was still kind of uncomfortable talking about Sirius, and he was a little hurt that his friends didn’t tell them they were boyfriend and girlfriend. “You had a good reason. I was pretty heated about that, and that would probably have made it worse,” he lightened up a little. “Believe me, your hands wouldn’t be the only thing pecked to the bone!” he laughed. “Well, sorry about walking in on you. I think I’m going to go back to bed. Uh, you can 'continue' now.” He stood up.

Hermione blushed.

“No, I’m tired. I think I’ll going to go to bed now, too. Good night.” She kissed Ron good night then headed up to the girls’ dormitory, and Ron went up with Harry. He got back into bed, and, especially with finding out Ron and Hermione’s secret, he still couldn’t get to sleep.




A/N: Ha! You took an oath (Is that how you say it? Oh well, you recited the thingy)! Now you have to review! MUWAHAHA! Sorry, being a bit evil today.