Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The New Girl by loonyluna22

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
A/N: I just want to take this moment to say that I have my whole FF planned out. It will be about 5 chapters, and then I am going to write a sequel. Only if people like this one, though I mean, I don’t want people begging me not to write one!
__________________________________________________________
The sun was risen for some time and Harry was still soundly sleeping in bed. He didn’t sleep well last night and was sleeping in.

“GOOD MORNING, SUNSHINE!” Ron bellowed in Harry’s ear.

Harry yawned and rolled over.

“The sausage will be ready soon, Aunt Petunia,” he muttered, and started making a motion with his hands like he was adjusting a frying pan.

“Harry Potter! You git, it’s late! If you don’t get your butt down to breakfast in five minutes your not going to get any!” Ron said with his hands on his hips.

“WHAT?” Harry jumped out of bed and ran to his trunk and got dressed. Once he was finished he looked at Ron, who still had his hands on his hips.

“Ron, don’t do that, you look and sound like your mum,” Harry said quickly, grabbed his bag, then rushed out the door.

“Hey, wait for me!” Ron yelled to him, grabbing his bag and running after Harry.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Harry and Ron sat down next to Hermione, Ginny, and Neville. Hermione glared at them, and wagged her finger.

“Classes start in five minutes! What’s wrong with you two?” she scolded.

“Good morning to you too, dear,” Ron said sitting down next to her and kissing her on the cheek. “Hey, don’t point that thing at me.” Ron said pushing away her finger that was still pointing at Harry and him. “Harry’s the one that sleeps in and has weird dreams about sausage.”

“Sorry guys. I didn’t sleep that well last night,” Harry said sitting down across from Jen.

“Was it because of what Ron and Hermione told you?” Jen said sipping her pumpkin juice.

“Yeah, how did you know?” Harry said with a puzzled look at Jen, then Ron and Hermione. Well, sort of, Harry thought to himself. Ron looked puzzled too, but surprisingly Hermione didn’t.

“I told her. She was still awake when I went up to the dormitory last night,” Hermione said, and Jen nodded.

They hurriedly finished their breakfast and went outside to go to Herbology. They had it with the Sytherins, yippee… not. But Jen was excited to start her classes. She wanted to know if she was behind or ahead or just right. They ran inside the greenhouse and sat down in chairs right before the bell gonged. They all sighed in relief and lay back in their chairs.

Jen was a wiz at Herbology. She raised her hand and answered questions just as often as Hermione. Neville gazed at her in awe every time she answered a question. After all, he loved Herbology, but he never acted like this around Hermione, and she knew just as much or more than Jen did. Harry was getting suspicious.

The bell rang and everyone stood up. To their dismay, Malfoy came over with Crabbe and Goyle lagging behind him. He walked right up to Jen, who was busily putting her things in her bag.

“Well, well, well. If it isn’t Jennifer,” he said walking up to her. “'The Amazing Girl from America’,” he said in a sing-song voice. “I see you’re wasting your time with this scum,” he sneered, nodding towards Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville.

“One, my name is Jen. Two, I think you’re the scum here. Three, who the heck are you?” she said standing up.

Malfoy opened his mouth but Ron beat him to it, “Oh, that’s just Malfoy. The biggest git whoever slimed the earth.”

“Watch your tongue Weasley, say one more thing and I might take it off. And I don’t think you can afford a new one.” He chuckled, or rather cackled, and started walking off, Crabbe and Goyle stupidly laughing in his wake.

Ron started to go for him, but Hermione lightly touched his arm. “Ron, don’t. It wouldn’t do anything but get you in trouble,” she said gently. He sighed and stopped. He grabbed his bag and walked away, his arm around Hermione’s waist. Harry, Jen, Ginny, and Neville followed.

Soon it was break and everyone went back up to the common room. Ginny and her friend from her year, Hailey, were talking in a corner, Hermione and Ron were snogging, and Neville and Jen were talking at a table. The more he was around Jen the more he liked her, and he was starting to feel awkward when Neville and Jen were together. He didn’t understand the feeling. Was it jealousy? He has felt jealous about Ron before, because he had a wonderful family and people weren’t going around saying, “HEY IT’S HARRY POTTER!” to him. But this wasn’t like that. It was almost like a… longing. He decided to sit in a chair behind them, and pretend to do homework to hear their conversation.

“W- Wow. I was really impressed in Herbology, Jen. You were great,” he said, nervously smiling.

“Thanks, Neville,” she said blushing.

Harry couldn’t take much more of it. Then just in time, Ginny came over and said break was almost over and they should be getting ready for their next classes.

“I think Hogwarts is going to be great! When’s the first dance?” Jen asked as she swung her bag over her shoulder.

“Uh, there are no dances, Jen. We only had one in our fourth year, and that was because of the Triwizard Tournament,” Hermione said, getting her bag, too.

“No dances? That’s no fun! Well, you and Ron are Head Boy and Girl. You should ask Dumbledore, I’m sure he is open for requests from you,” she said, walking towards the portrait hole with the others.

“Hey that’s a good idea. I have to admit that last dance wasn’t very fun with that prat Krum there!” Ron scowled.

“Ron!” Hermione said warningly. Ron apologized, but cursed under his breath.

They left the common room and went to their classes. At lunch, Hermione and Ron went to McGonagall to ask to talk to Dumbledore. They came back to the others with a smile.

"Dumbledore said that would be great. We are going to have three dances. A Homecoming, Christmas, and Spring Dance. He said the next dance can be arranged in two weeks! You better get a date, mate," Ron said, sitting down next to Harry, “I already have a date, right Hermione?” Ron said.

“Right, honey,” Hermione said sitting down next to Ron, and giving him a kiss.

Harry nodded and sighed, but he already knew who he was going to ask.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The days went by and Neville and Jen got closer, and the dance was drawing nearer. Harry was sitting in the library reading a book on transfiguration, but not really seeing the words. He was thinking hard about this. Neville and Jen talked a lot and spent a lot of time with each other. He couldn’t tell if they were just friends, or they had something more. Harry was starting to reconsider asking Jen to the dance.

No, he thought to himself, If I don’t ask her I’ll never know if we can ever have something together. Besides, they just share an interest in Herbology. They are probably just friends. He slammed the book closed and ran in to the common room to catch Jen before she went to bed.

When he got to the common room he ran so fast he almost knocked over Neville. “Oops! Sorry Neville."

“That’s ok, Harry,” He said smiling. “What’s the rush, anyway?”

“Uh, I wanted to ask Jen to the dance,” he said, wondering if he should say this to Neville.

His expression changed from happy, to apologetic. “Oh! Err, I’m sorry, Harry. I’ve already asked her.”



A/N: DUN, DUN DUNNN!!! Sorry dramatic ending!