Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

The New Girl by loonyluna22

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Last chapter (this one is going to be fairly short)! Well sort of. If some of you people thought this was way to short then you are right! This was kind of like the prequel. The sequel is going to be MUCH better (well in my opinion). Anyway, this chapter is going to be at the end of the year (6th). I’m going to be skipping time a lot.

________________________________________________________________________

Harry sighed as he packed up his belongings. Another year gone, just like that, he thought, and next year was his last. He was rearranging everything in his trunk so it could fit, when he found an old ugly sock with a lump at the toe. He shook it upside down on his bed and out rolled his old sneak-o-scope. He smiled and remembered when Ron gave that to him. He suspected it would work now that Peter Pettigrew, disguised as Scabbers, is gone. He knew it might come in handy someday so he put it on top of everything in his trunk.

“Harry come on! The carriages can’t wait forever,” he heard his girlfriend, Jen, yelling.

He slammed his trunk closed and lugged it down to the common room. Ron, Hermione, Jen, Ginny, and Neville were there. He nodded and they all picked up their stuff to go outside to the sunny June weather. Luna was waiting for them outside of a carriage. They all climbed in and sat down. They felt a jerk and the carriage was off.

They all just sat there in silence for a while. Harry knew He, Jen, Ron, and Hermione would all be snogging if Neville, Ginny and Luna weren’t there. Sooner or later everyone started talking. He looked over at Luna. Luna was talking to Ginny merrily. She didn’t have a boyfriend, but didn’t even seem like she was interested in guys at all. He shifted his gaze to Ginny. She was going out with a guy named Joey Deb in 5th year. She was a lot prettier than she was two years ago, and matured a lot. He looked over at Ron and Hermione. He was shocked at there secret, but so glad they got together. He knew they had loved each other ever since they first met. Neville was sitting next to him, staring at his feet. He felt bad for Neville, but he had taken it quite well. He was a little more quite, but seemed fine. He turned and smiled and Jen. She smiled back and took his hand, and he squeezed it back. He loved her so much. He turned and watched the bright green grass roll by.

Harry reluctantly stepped down off the carriage with the others and boarded the Hogwarts Express. They all got a compartment together, and after much trouble of getting their luggage up above their heads, sat down.

“Whew!” Hermione said sitting down next to Ron, then sighed, “I can’t believe next year is our last here, and it will only be Jen’s second. What are you guys going to do after school has ended?”

“I think I’m going to get a job at the Ministry somewhere. I’ll get a flat too, even though I’m going to leave in two years. School won’t be the same without you guys,” Ginny said getting out her favorite magazine, Witch Weekly.

“Ginny, give it up. You know we won’t be able to move out tell we’re 34, or some how obtain enough money to pay for it ourselves,” Ron said rolling his eyes.

Ginny smirked, “I have a little deal worked out with Fred and George.”

Jen looked worried, “It isn’t anything illegal, is it?”

“No! I’m just going to work for them part time,” she suddenly looked depressed. “For like the rest of my life.”

“I’m probably going to be an auror,” Jen said and smiled as Ron and Harry yelled, “Me too!”

“I have no clue what I’m going to do. Maybe something that has to do with S.P.E.W. I could get a job at the ministry somewhere that helps Elfish welfare, but not only Elves. I could get together an organization in the Ministry that helps all badly treated magical creatures. Maybe SPMCW…” Hermione rambled on.

“Neville what are you going to do?” Harry asked loudly, cutting Hermione off. She gave him a reproachful look. Neville was just staring out the window mindlessly, and Harry wanted to include him in the conversation.

Neville suddenly snapped back from gazing out the window. “Oh! Err, I’m probably going to do something with Herbol-“

Suddenly, Malfoy burst in the room, shattering the glass. He obviously wanted to make a dramatic entrance, but failed. He looked around with shifty eyes then repaired it with his wand. “Er, um, yes. Hello everyone,” he said.

“Nice entrance, Malfoy,” She said, raising her eyebrows. We don’t want any of your bloody ‘American girl, mudblood blah, blah, blah, blah’ crap, ok? Bye, bye,” Jen said waving her hand in mock goodbye.

“Shut your unworthy mouth, mudblood. Go back to America were you belong,” him and his malicious laughter rang through the compartment, along with Crabbe and Goyle’s stupid chuckling.

“Get out of here, Malfoy before I hex you to Scotland,” Harry said through gritted teeth. Malfoy did some things with his eyebrows, then left.

“Why can’t he just fall in a ditch?” Ron whined.

“Come on you guys. Dra- uh, Malfoy can be mean sometimes, but he isn’t terrible,” Ginny said nervously looking around at everyone.

“Ginny do you hear the words that are coming out of your mouth?!” everyone yelled.

A few hours later, the train pulled to a stop. They all got their stuff and left the train. Ron and Ginny saw the Weasleys, and Ginny ran over. Ron and Hermione had to make their “goodbyes”. Harry saw the Dursleys standing in a shady place. Each of them looked like they would rather be locked in a room with a Chimaera then be there. Harry saw Jen waving at her parents. They kissed passionately, said goodbye, and went to there guardians. As Neville walked over to his parents, he knew he was going to get back at Harry. Somehow, someway he would.
________________________________________________________________________

Well the sequel will be up soon! It’s called Come and Stop the Rain. Please check it out when it is up! Piece of advise: remember the sneak-o-scope! Sorry that it took so long to get this chapter up… with the midterms, and the tests, and the friends, and the stuff, and just all the… HOOPLA! Ahem. Yes. REVIEW!