Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Sleeping Hermione by LO1

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Ron and Luna were standing on either side of a bed. They were crying. Hermione was in the bed, asleep and not moving. Ron didn't know what to do. It was like she wasn't alive. Luna was staring at Hermione, searching.

Ron was sobbing, "We- w- we should have c-come soos-sooner! Now- now she's g-g-gone!"

Luna reassured him, "Ron there's got to be a counter to this. Some way to undo it."

Ron looked doubtful and asked, "How?" Luna looked confused. Ron grabbed Hermione's hand and held it, his own hand wet with tears. He looked at Hermione and said, "Don't be gone forever…"

He let go of her wrist and Luna noticed something on Ron's Hand. "What's that on your hand?" She asked.

It was ink of some kind. Ron looked at Hermione's wrist and saw something written there: Salt.

**
Voldemort stood at the edge of a dark desk wearing a cloak of deep black which contrasted remarkably with his white skin. His long fingers were curled around a wand and he was smiling evilly.

Harry and Ginny looked at Voldemort and Harry said, "You couldn't get rid of me Voldemort."

Voldemort hadn't flinched at his name like Ginny had, but he looked disgusted. "Don't you say my name, Potter! You have a lot of Nerve! Do you think your…"

Harry interrupted, "Your equal? It was you that made that decision Voldypoo."

Ginny looked at Harry with Horror. Voldemort's reaction hadn't changed and he lifted his wand. Harry was about to lift his, but Voldemort put his back down again. "This won't be of any use," he said. Ginny slowly pointed her wand at the floor and at this Voldemort picked up his wand and shouted, "Accio wand!"

Ginny's wand had sprung out of her hand and into Voldemort's. He threw the wand out the window and again put his own down. He smiled, "Sorry. Can't have her playing anything funny."

Ginny felt hopeless. After all, Harry and Voldemort's wands were no use when casting spells against each other…

**
Ron and Luna looked at each other and said, "Salt?"

Luna's eyes went wide, "That must be it! It must be the counter!"

Ron got very excited. Hermione had helped him again. "But where do we get salt?" he asked, a tear drying on his chin.

Luna smiled again, "your tears of course."

Ron leaned over Hermione at once and tried very hard to produce another tear. At once one fell into Hermione's eyes, this tear a tear of joy. While he leant down, he kissed her on the lips.

Hermione stirred at once. She saw Ron and Luna standing over her and she smiled and said, "So you've solved it!" Luna nodded and Hermione spoke again, "Well we must help Harry! I expect he's gone to find Voldemort?" Ron Nodded hastily and Hermione jumped up and started to lead the way.

As they exited the dungeon Luna whispered to Ron, "You didn't need to kiss her you know."

Ron looked at Hermione and then back to Luna and whispered back, "Yes I did."

Harry stood facing Voldemort and Voldemort said, "Potter, this is the last time I will try to kill you, for this time I surely will. I have deduced from our last meeting that only one of us can survive and it will surely be me." He snapped his long fingers and four of the death bludgers appeared out of nowhere, hovering dangerously behind Voldemort.

Harry lifted his wand and yelled, "Immobulous!" so that the bludger swayed dumbly in the air before falling lamely to the ground.

Voldemort laughed, "I can summon an infinite amount, and besides, your wand is useless against me!"

This time Harry laughed, "Oh is that so?"

Voldemort looked a bit nervous, "Y-yes! Last time we used our wands the spells were useless! Our wands won't work on each other!"

Harry laughed louder, "I have had a lot of thinking recently. While Dumbledore had me use Fawke's body so that he could bring me back. Fawke's is reborn when he dies, so I didn't have to worry about changing bodies."

Voldemort growled loudly, "What is your point!?"

Harry pointed his wand straight at Voldemort and shouted, "Petrificus Totalus!"

Voldemort seized up and fell to the floor. Harry ran over and picked up Voldemort's wand. He snapped it in half and threw it away.

Voldemort looked up at Harry. Harry looked down and said, "Our wands won't work when we cast spells at each other at the same time. You weren't holding your wand, so I could still cast spells on you. And now you don't even have a wand."

Harry and Ginny left Voldemort on the floor and Harry Retrieved Ginny's wand from out the window. They were about to get help to detain Voldemort, but a sound like broken glass shattered behind them. Voldemort was crouched on the stony floor looking weakly up at the two, regaining his strength. He snapped his fingers so that a death bludger swam out at Harry quickly.

The door flew open and Dumbledore dashed in and destroyed the bludger. Voldemort had a look of terror on his face and he turned desperately towards a black vase on the floor. Hermione, Ron and Luna appeared in the doorway and Hermione shouted, "No!"

Voldemort grabbed the vase and he was pulled out of the room by the portkey.