Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

Sleeping Hermione by LO1

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Dumbledore had quickly taken the children back to the Weasley's manor while leaving all the other Order members and a few Ministry Aurors to search the castle for clues.

Harry and the others were crowded around Dumbledore and he said, "I have to return to the castle. Ron, Your brothers George and Fred have been summoned here to watch over you all. Do not leave this house."

As Dumbledore turned to leave, Ron asked, "Professor, how did you know where to find Voldemort?"

Dumbledore looked as amused as Luna did and he said, "That red door. When your mother showed me the studio, I saw the small door and when I entered I recognized the red door and found Hermione's letter on the other side."

Dumbledore suddenly looked very serious, "I must however advise you never to make such a dangerous decision as to take things upon yourselves. You were very admirable, I must say, but if you had not succeeded in your mission…"

Hermione interrupted, "But professor, how have we succeeded?"

Dumbledore gently smiled as he looked at Harry, "Yes it is true that Voldemort now has more knowledge than before." Harry looked a bit regretful. "But he has seen Harry's cunning and ability to control situations smartly, and now he will not be so foolish as to underestimate any of you."

Dumbledore had left and Fred and George arrived moments later to hear the whole story, which they were very impressed with. George even beamed with pride at hearing that Ginny used a jinx he had taught her. They recounted their stories until the sun went down, at which time everyone had retold everything more than twice.

The night was very quiet and they received an Owl at around Midnight saying that the order would be home soon. Everyone was very tired and they were lying around the fireplace in the sitting room; Mostly everyone had fallen asleep.

Luna was looking into the fire and Hermione was looking at Ron, who was sleeping soundly. She sighed and Luna looked at her.

Hermione looked into the fire and said, "I had the loveliest dream. I had found exactly what I was looking for: Happiness, love, knowledge..." she laughed quietly to herself. "It was all just so real, but it was all just a dream."

Luna smiled and looked again into the fire, "If it was all a dream, you might still be sleeping."

Luna smiled at Hermione once more and turned over to fall asleep. Hermione looked at Luna, then at Ron and then she lay silently until drifting off.
~The End~