Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 1- Fallen

“Hurry up you guys, it will be fun!” called Hermione to Ron and Harry.

It was a brisk winter day. Because it was Saturday, the three friends decided to head outside and enjoy the fresh new snow that had fallen during the night.

“What’s your big hurry Hermione? We have until two.” Ron yelled to her, trying to catch up, while tripping over the ends of his robes.

“Just humor her Ron.” Harry was panting from the attempt to try to catch up to her.

They saw Hermione had stopped at the lake. She was staring at it for some reason. When Harry and Ron caught up, they were gasping for breath from the chase. Hermione looked at both of them with a big grin on her face.

“I am going to show you two how to skate!” She was so excited.

“What! Do you actually think that I’m going to be able to do that!” Ron said, exasperated. He was still not happy about having to run after Hermione and was busy dusting the snow off of himself from when he had fallen.

Hermione’s face fell. She had been so excited about teaching them. When she was younger, her parents would take her to the lake by her house and they would skate all day, then drink hot chocolate by a fire.

“Maybe I was just being stupid. I don’t know what came over me.”

“I think it will be fun. Ron’s still sore from having to run after you.” Harry felt bad for Hermione. She looked so beautiful standing there with her face red and shining. He shook his head. This was one of his best friends he was thinking about.

Her face lit up. Harry always knew what to say to make her feel better.

She grabbed both Harry and Ron by the hands and led them out onto a patch of the lake that had frozen over. Even though none of them had iceskates on, it would still be fun, she thought.

Ron began to walk. But not for long. He soon ended up on his behind, with Harry and Hermione roaring with laughter.

“Oh, stop laughing and help me up!” though Ron was laughing along with them.

Hermione was about to reach down to help Ron when Harry grabbed her around the waist. Down they both fell, arms and legs entangled, right on top of Ron.

“Would you get off! You’re crushing my ribs!” Ron gasped from the bottom of the pile.

It took them awhile, but they finally got up. Not for long though. Ron seemed to be having a problem with staying on his feet. No soon had he gotten up, he was down again.

Harry and Hermione found it extremely funny. But Harry wasn’t too graceful himself. Even though he was brilliant on the quidditch field, on the ice it was a different story. He fell almost as much as Ron, which is quite often.

Hermione was the only one who was actually able to stay up more then two minutes without landing flat on her back.

“We should be getting inside soon, everyone will be leaving for Hogsmeade in about an hour, and I don’t want to miss it. I still need to do some Christmas shopping.” Harry was really looking forward to this trip. It was always an amazing sight to see Hogsmeade in the winter. Everything was always decorated and the town would glitter in different colored lights.

“Oh all right, though I was just beginning to get the hang of it.”

Thunk

Ron landed on his backside once more.

Hermione walked to the snow and stood next to Harry. She was very glad that they both agreed to do this with her. It turned out to be a lot of fun after all.

“This was a great idea Hermione. I had a great time. It was nice to be able to relax for a few hours and forget about everything.”

As Ron finally had regained his balance, he started toward the snowbank. Suddenly his foot hit a very slick spot and both his feet slid out from under him. With a loud crack he hit the ice, hard.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N - hope you liked it! I know this chapter isn’t very great and all, but please stick with it. It will get better as I go along. I think I’m finally beginning to get the hang of it! Please R & R :o) thanks