Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 11 - Deck the Halls

Before they knew it, it was Christmas. They had spent the last four days outside in the snow and by the fire enjoying the holidays. Hogwarts school was decked out with decorations and the hallways were filled with holly and mistletoe. A few times on “accident” Harry and Hermione had been caught under it.

“Wake up! It’s morning! Happy Christmas Harry!” Hermione came bustling into the boys dorm and opened up Harry’s curtains on his four poster bed. She leaned down and kissed him on the head. Harry woke up and pulled her into a full kiss.

“Will you two love birds stop it! Your creeping me out,” they heard Seamus say while he peered around his curtain.

Harry and Hermione separated and she smiled at Seamus.

“Happy Christmas to you too Seamus,” she said. Everyone now knew about Harry and Hermione. They could be found walking down the halls hand in hand or kissing under some mistletoe.

“Same to you Hermione.”

She ran over and began to wake up Ron.

“I’ll see if I can fit you into my schedule,” he mumbled in his sleep. The whole room burst out laughing.

“What? Huh? What’s so funny?” a sleepy Ron asked.

“Nothing Ron, Happy Christmas,” Hermione said thought a fit of giggles.

“You too Hermione.” He got out of his bed and walked over to Harry’s bed and sat down. Hermione did the same. She pulled out her gift for each of them.

Ron grabbed his and opened the green wrapping paper hastily. Inside was a chess set.

“Blimey! It’s a muggle chess set! That’s wicked! Thanks so much Hermione. And for the chocolate frogs too,” Ron quickly opened it up and looked at the still pieces.

“Your welcome Ron. I had my parents send it to me weeks ago. Now it’s your turn Harry.”

She handed Harry his present and he began to open it up. Out tumbled the tube that the poster was in. He carefully slid the poster out and when it unrolled both Harry and Ron’s eyes widened.

“Holy cow! This is bloody awesome! Hermione, this is great.” Harry pulled her close and kissed her.

“Stop! Harry you promised! Although, I think I would kiss her too after a gift like that. That is so cool! It has every Quidditch team I’ve ever heard of!” Ron said, coving his eyes.

“Sorry mate.”

“It’s all right. I have something to tell you guys. I wasn’t able to get you anything this year. I’m so sorry. I was planning on getting everything at Hogsmeade last weekend, but I wasn’t able to. And money around the house is kind of tight at the moment.”

“It’s fine Ron. We’ll forgive you this once! Now on to our other presents!” Hermione grabbed another one and tossed it at him. Ron laughed and opened it. As always, it was another maroon sweater with a giant “R” on it.

Harry wasn’t going to give Hermione her present yet. He had an idea of what he was going to do.

They spent the rest of the morning opening presents. Later in the afternoon the three friends went outside and built a snow person. Harry tossed a snowball at Hermione. She balled up one to throw at him, but missed and hit Ginny in the head. Ginny looked up at Hermione, but she pointed to Ron. Ginny packed some snow together and through it at him. It hit a surprised Ron in the head. Soon, the whole school yard was in a snowball fight.

After the snowball war, the dripping wet students made there way into their separate common rooms. Harry, Ron, and Hermione all went up to their rooms to change.

“Would it be all right if I were to go off with Hermione for a while?” Harry asked Ron as they began to change.

“Sure, I guess. Are you planning on snogging her in the Astronomy Tower or something?” Ron asked.

“No, of course not. But it’s ok if we meet you at the feast in about an hour?”

“Yah, I’ll see you there.”

Harry put some dry clothes on and ran back to the common room, wanting to catch Hermione before she left anywhere.

Up in her room, Hermione was changing for the feast. She was busy drying her hair off and muttered a spell. Her hair dried instantly into soft curls that fell down below her shoulders. She smiled and put on a little bit of makeup.

She walked down the stairs into the common room to find Harry already there waiting for her.

“Where’s Ron?” she asked him.

“He’s still up stairs. He’s going to meet us at the feast in an hour. I have something I want to show you.” Harry had on a mischievous grin.

“All right, but I don’t want to miss the feast.” Hermione took hold of Harry’s hand and he led her out the door.

Down the decorated halls they walked, past caroling suits of armor and dancing lights that hung from the ceilings. Hermione had a faint idea of where Harry was leading her, but she kept her mouth shut.

He stopped at the door and for the third time that week he turned the handle. But this time smiling faces didn’t meet their eyes. This time there was a shine. Hermione let out a gasp.

The walls of the Room of Requirements were covered in what looked like diamonds. The light of the candles floating just below the ceiling danced off the walls, making rainbow reflections everywhere. It was like stepping into an iceberg, except without the cold.

“Wow,” Hermione gasped, “this is one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen. She took a step inside and walked over to the small white sofa that was there.

“I take it you like it then. I wanted to show you it. It’s part of your Christmas present,” Harry said, taking a seat next to Hermione on the sofa.

“Its amazing. Thanks Harry.” She gave him a soft kiss on the cheek.

“This is the other part of your present.” He took out the gold and red wrapped present. Hermione took the gift and began to open it.

The box fell into her lap and when she opened the box the small heart shaped locket fell into her lap.

“Oh Harry, it’s beautiful.” Tears began to well up in her eyes. She was so happy.

“It’s not just an ordinary locket. It doesn’t store pictures, it stores memories, happy memories. It works a bit like a pensive. You put your wand up to your head and say aprender then place the tip of your wand inside the locket,” Harry explained.

Hermione couldn’t say anything, she was speechless. This was one of the most amazing gifts anyone had ever given her.

She leaned her body against Harry’s and their eyes met. They both leaned in and kissed under the dazzling diamond sky.

The End


- - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - That's it! The end has come, I hope you all enjoyed this story. You guys have given me some of the best reviews ever! I am still baffled by all the feedback I've gotten.

Now there will be no sequel, as far as I know. I may work on another story, but it's hard with school and all **dang highschool**. Thanks so much again for all the totally amazing reviews :)

-Jaislin