Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 2 - Out

Hermione let out a scream. She and Harry rushed out onto the ice. Ron was sprawled with he arm bent at an odd angle and blood was coming from his head.

“Harry, get Madam Pomfrey.” Tears were falling down her face. “Ron, wake up, please wake up.” Her voice choked.

Harry ran as fast as he could up the stairs into the school. He was dripping wet from the melted snow on his robes. He slid around each turn, lucky not running into any teachers on the way. He burst into the hospital wing, completely out of breath.

“Madam Pomfrey, something has happened to Ron,” and with that he sank against the wall.

“Where?” she handed Harry a chunk of chocolate and waited while he ate it.

“Down by the lake, he slipped.” Warmth was finally coming back to him. “We have to go now, I left Hermione with him.”

They rushed out of the hospital wing. They found Hermione still next to Ron with her cloak placed on top of him and a small blue fire going. The ice surrounding them was red from Ron’s blood. Harry and Madam Pomfrey hurried over. When Hermione saw them, she flung herself onto Harry, sobbing.

“It’s okay, Hermione, Madam Pomfrey is here now.” Harry was trying the best he could to calm her down.

Madam Pomfrey conjured up a stretcher and carried Ron into the school.

“Um, Hermione, could we go inside now, you don’t have your cloak on and you’re shivering like mad.” Even though Harry was enjoying having Hermione in his arms, he figured they should probably go inside and see Ron.

They headed up the stairs after Madam Pomfrey and into the hospital wing. She laid him on a bed and took a look at him. Her face was unreadable.

“Will he be alright?” Harry was really worried. Ron did not look good. His face was extremely pale.

“He should be fine. Though he does have a nasty cut on his head. He may be unconscious for a few days. And I can fix his arm up just as well. Now run along you two.” She handed them both some chocolate and shooed them out of the hospital wing.

Harry and Hermione began to head to the common room.

“Hermione, are you all right? You haven’t said anything since we’ve been inside.”

Hermione’s face was pale. She looked up into Harry’s green eyes and felt tears coming into her brown ones.

“I don’t know. Just seeing Ron like that was terrible. One minute we were all laughing, the next Ron was-“ She started to cry again. Harry reached over and gave her a comforting hug.

“Hey, why don’t we go into Hogsmeade? It is almost time to leave anyways. It may help keep are minds off of Ron. It’s better then staying here all day.”

Harry always knew the right things to say, Hermione thought to herself.

“Wait, let me run up to my room and grab another cloak. Mine is still outside.” Hermione ran up to her room. From her closet she grabbed a red cloak, the only one she could find, then ran back downstairs.

“Wow.”

“Excuse me?”

“Oh, sorry, you just look very nice in that cloak. I’ve never seen you in it before.” She looked great, thought Harry, with her hair falling over her shoulders and cheeks still red from outside.

“Oh, thank you. Let’s go, everyone will be leaving soon.” And they headed towards the front doors. Everyone else was waiting, wanting to squeeze in some last minute Christmas shopping.

“Where’s Ron?” asked Dean Thomas, “I wanted to see if his brothers could get me some Wet Start Fireworks to send home to my parents.”

Harry saw Hermione’s eyes fill up with tears once more.

“Um, he’s not feeling too well, so he decided not to come,” Harry lied.

“Oh, that’s okay then, I will ask him when he feels better.” and at that moment the doors opened, allowing students to leave for Hogsmeade.

Harry and Hermione started out, feeling like they were missing something.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - hope you enjoyed it. I know it was short. Please R & R :o) thanks