Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 3 - Gifts

When the two of them reached Hogsmeade, it was an amazing sight. It looked one of the villages Petunia would put out at Christmas time, then yell at Harry for getting too close. The Three Broomsticks was decked out in lights and there were carolers walking up and down the streets.

“Where should we go first?” Harry asked.

“Let’s head to Honeydukes, there’s always something there.”

Hermione and Harry walked down the snowy street toward Honeydukes. Once inside, they were jostled around by the crowd of students that was in there. Hermione headed over to buy some sherbert balls for her mum and dad. Harry hurried after her, not wanting to lose her in the midst of everyone. She found her standing near a display of chocolate frogs.

“I think I’ll get some of these for Ron to have once he gets better.” Her voice sounded tight.

“That’s a good idea Hermione, those are one of his favorites. Let’s get out of here now, it is so packed, I think half the school must be in here!”

“All right, just let me buy some sherbert balls, then let’s head to the Post Office so I can send them to my parents.”

Once she paid, they left and headed across the street to the Post Office.

“Hey Hermione, would you mind if I go off and get your present. I haven’t gotten it yet,” said Harry sheepishly, “Would it be ok to meet back here in about twenty minutes?”

“Sure, that sounds fine to me. I still need to get your present too. See you in twenty.”

Hermione headed into the Post Office and Harry began to walk down the street. He had no idea what to get Hermione. He didn’t know why he was having such a problem, he had known her for six years, but he felt as though he wanted to get her something more special then usual, not just a book. He decided to try Dervish & Banges, maybe there might be something for her.

When he arrived inside, there weren’t too many people there. Two girls from his school, Lavender Brown and Parvati Patil, were giggling over a book. Harry wandered around aimlessly for about five minutes, not knowing what to look for.

“Are you finding everything ok, young man?” Harry jumped and turned around. A women was standing behind him with a kind smile on her face. She was a sales clerk.

“Um, well actually I am trying to find a Christmas present for one of my friends, and I have no idea what to get her.”

“Is she a special friend?” the sales clerk smiled.

“No” said Harry a bit too quickly, but he could feel his cheeks turning red.

“I think I have just the gift for you. Follow me.” She led him over to the corner of the store to a display holding some jewelry.

‘Great, jewelry. Hermione doesn’t wear jewelry.’ Harry was about ready to tell the clerk that he didn’t think this would be a good idea for a gift, when he bent down to look at them. They were lockets and had letters on the covers. It wasn’t too big either, or too fancy. She could wear this whenever she wanted. Maybe this was the right gift for Hermione.

“This isn’t an ordinary locket either. It doesn’t store pictures, it stores memories. Once she puts it on, it will keep what ever good memories she chooses. It is a bit like a pensive, but it will only hold good memories.” The clerk could tell Harry was impressed.

“Thank you for you help. I think I’m alright now.” Harry bent down and found a locket with the letter “H” on it. Perfect, he thought.

He paid and headed out of the store smiling. Putting his gift in his cloak, he headed to meet Hermione.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After she had sent her letter, Hermione decided to go get a present for Harry. She wasn’t too sure what to get him. She decided to head to Quidditch Pros, knowing she could always find something for him there. She felt like she wanted to get Harry something a bit more then a book on Quidditch or a broom kit. He already had those.

Once inside the store, she felt very lost. She knew nothing really about Quidditch. After wandering around a bit, she found a huge moving poster showing all of the teams from around the world. And it wasn’t too badly priced either. She knew Harry would like it.

After paying, she left the store and went to meet Harry. She hoped to get to the Post Office before Harry, so she could owl her gift back to her dormitory room. It was quite big and she was having some trouble carrying it. She knew it would be impossible to keep it hidden from Harry once they met up again.

She was happy to see Harry wasn’t at the Post Office yet, so she picked out a large black barn owl and sent it on its way.

When she was done, she found Harry standing outside, waiting for her. He looked really cute with his black hair sprinkled with bits of snow and a little grin on his face. When he saw her, his smile widened.

“Let’s head to the Three Broomsticks and get a butterbeer” Hermione suggested.

“That sounds like a great idea.” The two of them headed down the road to the Three Broomsticks.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - I know, another short chapter. I’m trying to get the story set up and all. Please R&R. Thanks! :-)