Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 4- It's all there

Inside the Three Broomsticks was very crowded. Everyone from Honeydukes seemed to have migrated there. Harry and Hermione looked for an empty table, but couldn’t find one.
“What should we do? I don’t see anywhere where we could sit.” Harry had never seen it so crowded in there.

“I know it’s cold outside and all, but let’s order our drinks and have them out there. It’ll be fun.” Hermione wanted to be alone with Harry anyways.

“All right then, let me go get the butterbeers then we’ll head out.” Harry left Hermione standing there. She had been feeling differently towards Harry lately, but had been brushing it off. She didn’t want anything to come between her, Harry, or Ron.

Once Harry returned, they headed off to find a quiet spot to have there butterbeers. They found one near the Shrieking Shack. Because Harry and Hermione knew the secret behind the Shrieking Shack, they weren’t worried about “restless spirits” coming after them.

Leaning against a tree, Harry handed Hermione her drink.

“I have an idea.” and she lit a small fire, “now we will be a bit warmer.”

But there was really no need for the fire at the moment. The butterbeers warmed them all the way through.

“Hermione, what are you thinking about, you have been very silent throughout this visit. Is something wrong?” Harry was a bit worried. Usually she was quite talkative and seemed to be in space more the usual.

“Huh, what?” Hermione wasn’t really paying attention. She had been thinking a lot lately. So many things were going through her head. First, it was Harry, now Ron. Then there was school. She was always so busy with classes, and now O.W.L.S. were on there way. She was so lost.

“That’s what I mean. You haven’t been paying attention. What is it Hermione, you can trust me.” Harry wanted to know what was wrong. He knew she was usually preoccupied with school work, but this seemed to go beyond school.

Hermione’s eyes filled up with tears for the umpteenth time that day.

“Hermione, what is it. I know your upset about Ron.” Harry leaned over and put his arm around her shoulder. He didn’t like to see her upset like this.

“Harry, it’s all my fault. If I hadn’t come up with the idea that we go out on the lake, Ron wouldn’t be lying in the hospital wing unconscious. He would be with us...” Her voice died out.

Harry was surprised she felt like this. Hermione usually didn’t take things out on herself. He had hardly seen her this upset. She wasn’t the kind of girl who cried all the time. She was strong and at times stubborn, but that’s what he liked about her. She wasn’t afraid to stand up to Malfoy or even be with Harry when he faced Voldemort. There had to be something else bothering her, that went beyond Ron.

“Hermione, it’s not you fault. You know that. It just kind of happened. Even a time-turner couldn’t change it.”

She knew Harry was right, but she couldn’t help but feel a bit responsible for Ron’s fall. She leaned closer to him, soaking in the warmth.

Harry put both of his arms around her, wanting to get as close as possible.

“It’s not just that. It’s also you...” But before she could finish, Harry leaned in and kissed her. It was soft and sweet, just like she had imagined it to be. She leaned in closer wanting to be near to him, putting all the emotion she had been holding back for the past few months.

Harry was shocked at his own impulse. It felt so right though, with Hermione in his arms, her sweet scent of cinnamon spice filling the air around him. He gingerly kissed away her tears.

She felt so safe and secure in his arms. They were strong from quidditch, yet they held her gently. She ran her fingers through his black hair, something she had wanted to do for a long time. It was so soft. She realized they probably looked like one of the snogging couples she always found so repulsing. Now she didn’t care. The only thing she cared about was being with Harry, wrapped in his arms.

It wasn’t as though she had never kissed a guy. She had kissed a few. But none like this.

Harry noticed Hermione was breathing heavily. But then again so was he. Gently he separated them. When he looked into her eyes, they were sparkling and bright and her cheeks were red. But none the less, she looked happy.

And that’s how she felt. Hermione was beyond happy. She was floating, soaking in all the emotion of what just happened. She just kissed Harry Potter. Something she had thought of doing, but had pushed it back in her mind, forcing herself not to think about it.

“Wow.” was all Hermione could say.

“I can’t believe we just did that.” it suddenly hit Harry. He just kissed his best friend. It would be ok if they didn’t have another friend who was lying in the hospital wing, completely unaware of what was going on.

Hermione thought of that too. What were they supposed to tell him. That they went shopping, got a butterbeer, then snogged for about five minutes! Oh dear.

She was confused again. For five blissful minutes she was happy. Now she was back to the worries of the world.

“Harry, what are we supposed to do about Ron. He’s our best friend. We have to tell him.”

She thought back to a month before...

- - Flashback - -

She was helping Ron with his transfiguration homework. They were working on transforming a rabbit into a fluffy pillow. But the problem was, Ron’s rabbit kept on jumping away. They would catch it, and as soon as Ron pulled out his wand, it would jump out of their hands. While chasing the rabbit again, Hermione tripped over a book, and Ron, being so graceful, tripped over her. She looked up to see Ron staring at her. Suddenly he bent down and kissed her. She was shocked. Quickly she pulled away.

“Ron! What was that! What are we supposed to tell Harry.”

“I guess I didn’t think about that. It’s just, since second year I have always wanted to do that. Sorry.” Ron looked so guilty, his cheeks were matching his hair.

“It’s ok, just please don’t do that again. And let’s not tell Harry. I’m not sure how he would react.” Hermione knew Harry wouldn’t be too mad though. A bit shocked, but not mad. She didn’t know why she was afraid to tell him.


- - Present Time - -

“Ron kissed me” Hermione blurted out. She hadn’t planned on telling, let alone like this, right after she had Harry.

Harry was taken aback. Did she just say what he thought she said.

“He did what! And he never told me. you never told me.” he was shocked. And also a bit angry. How could Ron do this to him.

“I’m so sorry Harry. I was the one who didn’t want to tell you. It just kind of happened. We were working, I tripped, then he kissed me. I don’t know! I’m so confused.” And Hermione started to cry again.

“I never wanted to hurt you. It’s just with Voldemort back, and you could get hurt, or even worse, you could die. I don’t know what I would do without you.” She said between sobs.

“Shhhh, Hermione, it’s ok. I didn’t mean to snap at you like that. I was surprised, that’s all. It’s not your fault. As for Voldemort, I don’t know what will happen with me.” Harry took Hermione in his arms and held her there, trying to comfort her.

She just sat there, the floating sensation coming back. She cried into his shoulder, hoping he wouldn’t mind. Harry just sat there, both arms safely around her. He leaned over and kissed her on the head, letting the cinnamon fill him once again.

After a few minutes, Hermione started to calm down. She felt better, now that Harry knew what was wrong with her. She looked up into his face. It was full of concern.

“I must look awful.” Hermione could tell her hair was a mess and her face was red from crying.

“You look beautiful.” Harry smiled at her, then kissed her once more.

Hermione got up and ran around to the other side of the tree. She threw a snowball at his head. ::splat:: It hit Harry in the back of the head and his black hair turned white.

“Hey! What was that for!” But Harry didn’t care. He was glad to see Hermione herself again. He got up and chased after her. When he caught her, he grabbed her around the waist and pulled her down with him into the snow. They lay there together, with tears of laughter down their faces.

“This has been so great. I don’t know what I would do without you Harry. I just don’t know what to tell Ron. I know we have to, but how? I think he will understand.”

Harry wasn’t too sure. He had seen him blow up a few times. But they had to tell him. Harry decided not to worry about it at the moment and enjoy being with Hermione.

“I think we should probably begin heading back to the castle.” Harry got up and held his hand out to Hermione. She took it and they walked hand in hand back to the castle. A light snowfall had begun.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
hope you liked it! R&R please! this chapter was actually longer! yay, now don't forget to review, it helps a lot and it's just so fun to get new reviews!!