Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 5- Away

They arrived back to the school before anyone else. The common room was pretty much empty, except for a few first and second years. That didn’t matter to them though. They needed to discuss what to tell Ron.

“Hermione, I think we should tell him. He might not be the brightest wizard, but I think he might notice something strange if he sees us holding hands down the halls. It would be better if we were to tell him instead of him finding out like that.” Harry wasn’t too sure how Ron would take the news though. He had always thought that Ron might have some type of feelings for Hermione.

“I do too Harry. I don’t think I would be able to stand having him not know. He’s our best friend.” Hermione didn’t want to tell him though. She had made him promise not to tell Harry about when he kissed him. And now she had kissed Harry. It didn’t seem very fair.

“Let’s go see if there have been any changes in Ron. I really hope he wakes up soon, Christmas is only a week away, and I know how much he would hate to have been unconscious throughout the whole break.” Hermione let out a laugh. That sounded just like Ron.

“All right, I guess let’s go.” She was still uneasy, but she figured it was for the best.

- - - - - - - - - - -

When the two entered the hospital wing, Madam Pomfrey tried to shoo them out, but after some persuasion, she allowed them to stay five minutes.

Ron looked about the same. Some color had come back into his cheeks, but he was still out cold. Hermione sat down next to him and took his hand. Harry put his hand on her shoulder and looked down at Hermione.

“Hermione, I don’t think we can tell him yet. We will have to wait.” Harry felt awful that Ron was still unconscious, but he was a bit glad that he didn’t have to tell him about what had happened with him and Hermione. This gave them some time to decide what to say.

“I guess Harry, let’s head back to the common room,” Hermione said.

Harry put down his hand and Hermione grabbed it, pulling herself up. Harry wrapped her in his arms and gave her a hug. She pushed away from him.

“What is it?” Harry asked Hermione.

“I don’t feel right about this. I need to go.” And with that, Hermione left the hospital wing, with Harry standing there stunned.

“Girls” he muttered under his breath, and left for the common room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Hermione found herself being carried by her feet out the doors of the castle to a tree near the frozen lake. She sat down under it and leaned her head against it’s solid oak trunk.

‘What have I gotten myself into? First Ron, now Harry. This isn’t like me to go around and kiss my best friends,’ Hermione thought to herself. She was confused and needed some time to clear her head.

‘What am I supposed to tell Ron?” She know how mad Ron could get and she defiantly didn’t want to put their friendship in jeopardy, but there was no way she would be able to hide her feelings for Harry. He was so sweet and gentle, with his piercing green eyes that knew her so well.

She sat underneath the tree, knowing that she should go find Harry and apologize. She had seen the look on his face when she left him in the hospital wing. He had looked hurt and confused. She knew he had only been trying to help and comfort her, but that is what had started this whole mess.

Hermione slowly began to doze off and within a minute she was asleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Harry had made his way back to the common room without any mishaps. He was a bit confused at why Hermione had left the hospital wing like that, but he knew he shouldn’t let that get to him. She had a lot on her mind and he figured it was probably good for them to be alone for a while. He walked up to his dormitory and fell back onto his bed.

“What am I going to do!” He exclaimed.

“About what?” said someone from the bed two down from his.

“Oh! Sorry, I didn’t know anyone else was in here,” Harry said. He saw Seamus Finnigan poke his out from his bed.

“It’s all right, I was just catching up on some of our charms homework. What’s up?” Seamus asked.

“Um, nothing really, I’m just, a, worried about the, um, upcoming Quidditch match, that’s all,” said Harry, trying to hide the guilty look on his face.

“Oh ok. I hope you don’t mind if I go back to my homework.”

“That’s fine, I think I’ll be going anyways.” Harry was very relieved that Seamus hadn’t asked any more questions. Now he had no choice but to leave and head somewhere else.

He headed out of the dormitory and began to walk, not knowing where he was headed. He soon found himself walking out the doors of the castle and out onto the school grounds. Harry spotted someone asleep under a tree and began to walk towards them, not know why he was heading there.

Harry saw a familiar bushy head peeping out from beneath a cloak.

- - - - - - - - - - - -
A/N - I know, much didn't happen in this chapter. It was mostly to show the tension there is in telling Ron about what had happened. Please review!