Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

It was a Hogsmeade Weekend by Jaislin

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter 7 - An Emotional Rollercoaster

In her beak was Hermione’s locket. Quietly he sat on his bed and closed his curtains, so no one would be able to peer in and begin to ask questions. Harry had locked the locket up in some paper before giving it to Hedwig and surly he couldn’t give it to Hermione like that. He got down from his bed and began to look through his trunk, trying to find a small box.

He spent five minutes searching. Finally he found a small box that had had some potions ingredients in it. He put the necklace in the box and conjured up some dark red wrapping paper with gold stripes. Carefully he wrapped it up and pulled some silver ribbon out of his wand. Wrapping it around the box, he then hide it inside his trunk.

- - - - - - - - - -

Back in the girls dormitory, Hermione also arrived to find the black barn owl she had sent with Harry’s present perched on her bed. Untied it from the owl and it flew out the window.

Harry’s present was already in a cardboard tube, so now all she had to do was find some paper to wrap it in. She muttered a quick spell, and some navy blue paper with silver snitches on it appeared on her bed. She wrapped the poster up and hid it under her bed.

She then headed back down to the common room, hoping to find Harry there. Sure enough, he was waiting.

“Let’s head down to dinner now, I’m starved! It’s been a while since the Three Broomsticks,” Harry said. Hermione nodded and they both headed out the door to the Great Hall.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

After dinner a delicious dinner, the two of them decided to go see Ron again. To their dismay, there was no change. Madam Pomfrey quickly shooed them out and they both walked sadly back to the common room.

“I think I’m going to go to bed now, if you don’t mind Harry,” Hermione said.

“Sure, I don’t mind, I think I’ll do the same.” Harry and Hermione were standing outside the entrance to the common room and Harry looked around to see if anyone was looking. He leaned in and gave Hermione a quick peck on the lips, before entering through the portrait.

Hermione stood there for a second, then smiled, shaking her head and went into the portrait after Harry. She walked up to the dormitory and threw herself onto her bed. She let out a sigh and began to reply the events that had happened that day.

So many things, all squished into just one Saturday. She could hardly believe it. It all started with the three of them laughing and falling all over each other on the ice, then the next moment Ron was laying on the ground unconscious. Then her and Harry were at Hogsmeade and soon they were under a tree. A smile spread across her face as she remembered the feeling of being in Harry’s arms, and his kiss on her lips.

Hermione began to doze off, so quickly she jumped up, deciding to take a shower before she feel asleep again. She grabbed her towel and her warm fleece pajamas and headed to the shower.

She turned the water very warm and let it soak her tired body. She tried hard to forget the feeling Harry gave her, but she was having no luck. Hermione really hoped Ron would wake up soon, she wasn’t too sure how long she would be able to hold off on kissing Harry.

“No, I can’t think like this, I have to be the strong one, for Ron. I will not kiss Harry until he wakes up. I won’t I won’t I won’t!” Hermione thought to herself.

She leaned against the shower wall, exhausted. She shampooed her hair and stood there for a while longer, letting the warm water fall on her.

After she was done showering, she stepped out and towel off in her warm white fluffy towel. She put some lily scented lotion all over herself and slipped into her pajamas. Sleepily she climbed into her bed and feel asleep to the though of Harry’s arms around her.

- - - - - - - - -

Back in the boy’s dormitory, Harry was having a much harder time falling asleep. The absence of Ron’s snores made him feel alone and uncomfortable. He began to remember the kiss him and Hermione had shared at Hogsmeade. This made him feel a bit better. Slowly he drifted into sleep.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next two days, Sunday and Monday, passed without any event. Christmas was coming up on Sunday and the Great Hall was already beginning to be deck out in all types of decorations. From tall Christmas trees that touched the ceiling to mistletoe hanging from every doorway.

It was Tuesday, and everyday Harry and Hermione had gone to visit Ron in the hospital. There had been no change and Harry could tell Hermione was really getting worried. She was quieter then usual and would go off without telling him.

“Hermione, let’s go see Ron again. Even though he’s not there, I’m still sure he can hear us. I’m sure he would like to know that it’s almost Christmas,” Harry said encouragingly to Hermione.

“No Harry, I don’t want to go. I’m tired of seeing what I’ve done to him. It is my fault he’s laying there missing holiday break. I can’t stand it anymore!” Tears of anger and grief were falling down her face. She began to turn her back on Harry when he grabbed her.

“It’s not your fault! Don’t ever say that! It was an accident!” Harry yelled at her. She was stunned at seeing him like this. But deep down she did know it was the truth. He had told her this earlier in the week.

“Harry, I can’t take it anymore. Everyday it’s the same. He just lays there. I know it’s Ron, but it’s not him. He’s not smiling or laughing or doing anything!” She sobbed into Harry’s shoulder. People had started to look to see where all the yelling was coming from. Harry had noticed that and quickly and quietly he pulled Hermione into a nearby empty classroom.

“Shh, Hermione, I know it’s hard on you, but it’s also hard on me too. He’s my best friend and I miss him like mad also,” Harry whispered to her, calming her down.

“Oh Harry, I’ve been so selfish! I hadn’t even thought about how this was effecting you too,” Hermione cried.

After she had finally caught her breath, Harry leaned in and kissed her. She began to respond back, but then pulled away before it got anywhere.

“No Harry, we can’t do this. Not yet. Let’s go see Ron, I don’t think we can sit in an empty classroom without anything happening between us,” She said, getting up.

“All right, let’s go then, if it’s alright with you.”

They left the classroom and headed to the hospital wing. Madam Pomfrey was just about to try to shoo them out, but they looked so pitiful standing there, that she let them in.

An wonderful sight met there eyes. It was Ron, sitting up in his bed, eating a piece of chocolate.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A/N - yay! Ron is here, nobody fear! Lol, hey, it's a rhyme. And a really bad one too. I don't know if this chapter is any longer, for all you people who keep telling me that they're too short, you know who you are. Reviews are much appreciated
-Jaislin