Login
MuggleNet Fan Fiction
Harry Potter stories written by fans!

A New Beginning by MissPriss86

[ - ]   Printer Chapter or Story Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter Five: Who Would Love a Death Eater?

Harry awoke in a dark dungeon, much like the old Muggle prisons. His first thought was that he was in Azkaban, then, he did a double take.

Ginny’s a Death Eater.

No, she’s not, it can't be.

Yes, she is, Harry, you saw it yourself. All this time I thought I loved her…

Because you did love her.

No, I don't fall in love with Death Eaters.


Ginny arrived in Voldemort’s throne room as soon as they got to Hogwarts. Lestrange squealed, “Master, we have him. He’s in the hidden dungeons.”

Voldemort stood up and Ginny gulped deeply. “Still afraid young one? I’ve known you since you were a first year…”

Ginny took a step forward and replied, “Yes Master, but you had me very afraid of you for a good long while…but now I’ve come to my senses…”

Lestrange nodded and added, “Yes, my lord, she played her part so well. The Potter boy actually fell in love with her. Then she withstood the Cruciatus Curse, just to make her acting more realistic.”

Voldemort nodded. “Very good, Ginny, I'm very proud. Just don't let real feelings get in the way of business. You wouldn’t want to end up like dear Draco, would you?” he noted.

Ginny let out a nervous laugh and replied confidently, “What feelings? I have no feelings for Potter.”

Lestrange smiled and said, “That’s my girl!” and bowed to Voldemort before she and Ginny returned to the corridor.

Harry fell asleep once again, before, to his surprise, Ginny Weasley awakened him five hours later. He opened his mouth to talk, but she slapped her hand over his mouth. Ten Death Eaters were sleeping outside his cell; tight security. They silently Disapparted with Ginny leading the process. They arrived in a Muggle hotel room. Ginny threw her arms around Harry. He shoved her off of him, still not speaking. Ginny sighed deeply and protested, “Harry, I'm not working with Voldemort.”

I can't believe her! After she just lied about everything, she takes me away to trick me again?

“Take me back,” he choked. “Take me and leave me to die, It’s better than watching you lie to me again.”

Ginny took a step away from him, not believing his words. “I can explain! Harry, please just listen to me.” she stammered, “I…We…”

“THERE IS NO WE,” he cut in, “or ‘us’” or any sort of plural for you and me.”

Ginny fell to the floor, eyes wide in frustration. “Harry, I am not a Death Eater. Earlier this year I pretended to become one…why do you think I don't have the mark…Harry you have to believe me. I love you, and I know you still love me,” she said, taking a few steps closer.

Harry threw a pillow at the wall in rage, as he fought with himself.

Believe her again, Harry. She looks sincere.

“NO,” he yelled before he stressed in a cold voice, “I don't fall in love with Death Eaters.”

Ginny was almost in tears. “Harry Potter, you listen.” she wailed, “Why do you think they haven’t killed you before now? Somebody was obviously feeding them wrong information. A certain somebody agreed to trick Harry Potter into loving her and tell them his secrets. Someone wouldn’t have the mark branded on her because she truly was not a Death Eater, but told them it was more convincing, or you’d know. I-”

“NO!” Harry yelled. “Stop it Ginny, STOP FEEDING ME LIES!”

Ginny’s head fell into her hands. “I would if I was lying,” she wept.

She’s innocent.

No she’s not, she’s lying and a good actress.

Who else did everyone think was lying and a good actor?

Harry’s brain froze.

Sirius, nobody would give him a chance when he was innocent.

Harry sat down next to her. “Ginny Weasley, you make an Unbreakable Vow with me that you aren’t lying, and that you really did love me,” he muttered.

Ginny shook her head and replied, “There’s no witness…but I can swear to you, Harry, I'm not lying and I swear I love you.”

Time seemed to freeze in the few moments Ginny looked at him with hope in her eyes, and Harry looked at her with pain in his.

Ginny seemed to snap out of her trance. “GO, now!” she said exasperated, and trying to keep her voice low.

“Where??” he asked skeptically.

“I don't care. Just get away from here. They’ll catch me and kill me any second now. I don't want them to find you too.”

Harry stood, his mind blank, then whispered, “Then I'm not leaving you, Ginny.”

She smiled, then added, “Don't be so noble all the time. Go now. I can act a little longer.”

Harry tried to Apparate; he felt the usual sensation, but no movement. He never left the room. Ginny threw an Invisibility Cloak at him.

“They’re here!” she whispered and she sat down on the floor Indian-style and placed her fingers to her temples. The door burst open.

“WHERE IS HE?” yelled Voldemort himself, caught in a furious rage.

Ginny slowly opened her eyes. “Potter?” she asked calmly, “Master, I have no idea.”

Voldemort drew his wand and hissed, “You’re lying…”

Block your mind…block your mind…Ginny, block it out!


“WHY ARE YOU HERE?” he spat at her, as he realized he couldn’t read her mind with ease.

“I come here to think, and to get away from the wizarding world,” she answered bitterly

He raised his wand and spoke a spell unknown to both Ginny, and Harry. Ginny’s limp body fell to the floor in a small heap. Harry bit his lip as he watched his love fall lifelessly to the ground. Everything seemed to occur fifty times slower than normal speed; he thought he could almost see the dust come up as she fell. He was about to yell her name, but then he noticed something else and forced his mouth shut. Tiny particles of green, blue, red, yellow, orange, and many other colors that he couldn’t identify (they were moving too fast) erupted from her lifeless body. The mist seemed to hang in the air, and each piece had an individual position. Harry finally recognized what the particles were forming. A multicolored Ginny was facing Voldemort as he flashed her an evil smile.

Is it a ghost??

Voldemort spoke. “Ginny, how do you feel?” he asked with a smirk.

“What have you done to me?” she stumbled, voice shaky.

“There’s a bright side, Ginny. I’ve performed the Separation of Soul. That is where the person’s soul actually leaves the body. However, it can only protrude ten feet away from the spell caster, this way I can keep an eye on you. More bad news: it’s only reversible if the one you love sacrifices his own flesh and blood for you, but the love must be shared with each other. Therefore, no, Potter cannot save you because you don't love him in return.”

Ginny bit her lip to keep from crying. “Is there any good news in that?”

Voldemort smirked. “You just faked your own death. Now your pathetic family will think you’re dead and you can continue to follow me full-time.”

Ginny forced a smile. “Yes master, this is perfect, you think of everything…but are you sure there’s no other way…I can't be of much use unless I have a real body…”

Voldemort glared at her for questioning him and looked further into her mind. She knew something he didn’t. He started to walk out of the room to show Ginny how the spell worked, and as her body was pulled along with Voldemort, she mouthed a pathetic, “Help,” in Harry’s general direction.

Harry was torn between believing Ginny and using the proof he had just witnessed: Ginny was in league with Voldemort.

He killed my parents, and Cedric, and Dumbledore, and…Sirius…and she’s been supporting him?

No, she’s telling you the truth.

Are you sure?

Yes, and if you don't save her, she’ll die with Voldemort. Is that what you want? To be responsible for four deaths?

But what if I'm wrong? And I die for her? Then I'm just dead and everyone else dies with me? What if that’s not even how you break the spell?

What if it is and she dies? You love her.

No I don't.

Yes, you do, even if she is a Death Eater.

I do not love Death Eaters.

But you love this one.

No, I don't…but I’ll save this one.


Harry Disapparated, returning to the Burrow to speak with Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the lot.

A/N sorry it’s been a little boring lately, I hope this chapter was a little more exciting, although I'm sure it adds lots of questions to your list. If there’s anything you think I haven't explained fully enough, just review with your question and I might explain it, depending if It’ll give away too much or not. Just know I’ve spent A LOT of time planning this story out and I fully understand how one thing leads to another, its all planned in my head. (lots of surprises are on the way, I promise) don't forget to review!